There are twelve signs in the Zodiac. Of these, Aries is the first. Number One. Any Aries will tell you there are good and obvious reasons for that. Moreover he's brave enough to say this out loud in front of Leos and Capricorns. He may have a point, but this tells you some things about Aries. He's confident, courageous and candid.
He also thinks well of himself. And if you stick around long enough to get to know him, he'll back up his words with actions -- every day. Eventually, he may even prove he spoke an honest fact.
Aries people arrive between March 20 and April 20 -- the first birthdays of Spring. The Sun's entry into Aries marks the start of that season -- the official end of Winter. Naturally the New Moon in Aries will also happen during that month, although on a different date each year.
In the natural rhythm of life, the New Moon in Aries marks the real beginning of the new year -- a time of initiation, renewed vitality and new beginnings. Compared to this, January 1 is just another day on the calendar invented by humans, no matter how much we try to dress it up.
People born during Aries -- and especially those born near the New Moon in Aries -- are self-reliant, self-motivated people who excel at stirring up change, getting things moving and starting new stuff.
Horoscopes for the Season of Aries
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Aries in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Aries: the 1st Sign of the Zodiac
Are you an Aries?
* Aries -- The Interests and Attitudes -- of the 1st Zodiac Sign ---> Aries is a Fire Sign -- Red is an Aries color ---> Aries Provocative, strong, hard-driving, commanding ambitious, zealous, venturesome, brave, take-charge ---> Aries contains a set of attitudes and perspectives that are closely aligned with the interests of Mars and the Natural 1st House. As the Sun (or any planet for that matter) transits Aries, all these basically merge and come up for for attention. You'll see them in your views, opinions and behavior, in the attitudes and concerns of the people around you. You see them in the situations you deal with --
* Aries: Spotlight on Speed ---> Get going ... or get out of the way ---> More than any other sign in the Zodiac, Aries is known for initiative and impatience. You might say it has an obsession with speed ... progress ... getting things started and getting things done. Nothing ever moves or happens fast enough to suit it. It knows how to take aim at its ambitions, make decisions ... and make tracks. It is legendary for its quick responses -- its habit of making snap judgments, forming instant likes and dislikes, trusting its impulses and having the courage to get it where it wants to go. It doesn't need a
* Aries ... on Temperament and Temper ---> Aries is the first sign of Spring. ---> A matter of perspective ---> From the descriptions written of Aries -- across the board from the anonymous authors of dime-store Sun Sign booklets to the creators of respected Astrology texts that only someone devoted to the study would even think of reading -- you get the picture that these people are obnoxious, bossy, hot-tempered and generally hard to be around. I mean I do my share of reading, too ... and I sometimes wonder how the rest of the world puts up with us. I'm one of them, you see.
* Conscious Living with Aries -- When The Sun travels through -- the Aries sector in your chart ---> Where is Aries in your chart?Aries is the Spring Fire Sign. ---> When the Sun travels through Aries what area does it cover in your Natal Chart? What house(s) are involved in this particular slice of the sky? And specifically, what house (or houses) in your Natal Chart have Aries on the cusp? These are areas of life where you feel unusual focus now, where you want to launch new projects and get life moving again after the long dormancy of winter ... and the somnolent moods of Pisces. Here you find the assertiveness, ambition and self-confidence you need to step out,
Gender, Quality & Element
* The Elemental Qualities of Aries -- The Cardinal Fire Sign in Astrology ---> Aries is a Fire Sign ---> The Fire Signs of the Zodiac are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. There is one Fire Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Aries is Cardinal Fire. Leo is Fixed Fire, and Sagittarius is Mutable Fire. Together, these three elements form the components in the pattern of the Grand Fire Trine. Fire element is the quality associated with leadership issues, ambitions based on personal charisma, a fondness for seizing the initiative when choosing to act, and a reputation for showing enthusiasm and even zealotry
* Aries is the Cardinal Fire Sign -- Dynamic Initiative ---> Aries' symbol is the ram. ---> Dynamic Initiative ---> Aries is the Cardinal Fire sign. His personality emphasizes leadership, personal charisma, individual vision, and having a strong sense of who he is and what he can do. Remember ... Fire sign people want to be admired, followed, appreciated, noticed, and deferred to. His likes to do things, stir up energy, get things started, seize the initiative, push inert circumstances into forward motion which will at least bring on change. He is dynamic, assertive, confrontational, aggressive and ....
Other Expressions of Aries
* Aries Rising -- Your self-assertion is what you show the world ---> Sooo ... What IS a Rising Sign? ---> Red is an Aries color ---> When you have Aries Rising ... ---> With Aries Rising, you are assertive and spontaneous in meeting life. Your manner is frank and outgoing. You are outspoken ... and know how to say what you mean. You are also impulsive, and while tact is not one of your virtues, no one will ever call you dishonest or malicious. There is tremendous power in this position, showing you can overcome formidable obstacles in pursuing your personal goal
* Your Aries House -- The Starting Point -- Where Action Begins ---> The starting point of life ---> The house in your Natal Chart with Aries on the cusp is the starting point for your life's action. It's where things begin. When you're ready to launch new ventures or start new interests, this is the first place you look for motive and inspiration. You serve the needs of this life area with your energy and physical work. The results, profits and gains from what you accomplish in the Natal House where Mars is located feed the interests of your Aries house. This is how you were designed to operate.
* Masculine Signs -- The Fire and Air Signs ---> Signs of Life and Intellect -- Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers.
Learn more about Aries in Astrology
These are the index pages to our articles
about Aries and the Sun in Aries.
Aries Articles Index
Sun in Aries Articles Index
Today's Everyday Astrology