Get going ... or get out of the way
More than any other sign in the Zodiac, Aries is known for initiative and impatience. You might say it has an obsession with speed ... progress ... getting things started and getting things done. Nothing ever moves or happens fast enough to suit it. It knows how to take aim at its ambitions, make decisions ... and make tracks.
It is legendary for its quick responses -- its habit of making snap judgments, forming instant likes and dislikes, trusting its impulses and having the courage to get it where it wants to go. It doesn't need a lot of time to decide on a direction -- or a preference ... and it doesn't think anyone else should need that either.
It hates obstacles and frustration
As the Cardinal Fire Sign, it's self-centered as well as self-starting. It demands "instant results, instant gratification" from itself and from everyone around it. And it kicks up a firestorm of a fuss if it's kept waiting. It hates anything that causes it delay or frustration ... with a passion.
In fact, passion is another of its trademark qualities. There is nothing soft, weak or wishy-washy about this sign, its character or its behavior. This is the Warrior sign of the Zodiac, and anyone who doesn't know that when he and Aries first meet will know it in spades when they go their separate ways.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
Where is the Aries energy in your life?
Regardless of your Sun Sign, you have Aries in your horoscope somewhere. Of course, this also means you have Aries at work somewhere in your personality. Where is it? How can you work with it better? How can you recognize it when you see it? More importantly, how can you live better & be happier by understanding yourself & the complexities of your character?
Your horoscope is essentially a spiritual owners manual
designed to help you do exactly that.
Our Premium Members get micro-lessons, helpful pointers, on-demand readings, informative Ezines -- and lots of information about what's happening in the sky, what it means to them, what to expect, how to work with it ... & live as they were designed to live.
To know who you are & live as the person you were meant to be is the greatest gift you can give yourself. Take your respect for the wisdom of Astrology to the next level. Live consciously. Be the miraculous person your horoscope describes.
We invite you to
join our Premium Membership today!!
The journey into your Self
is the greatest journey of all.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Aries in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Aries: the 1st Sign of the Zodiac
Are you an Aries?
* Aries -- The Interests and Attitudes -- of the 1st Zodiac Sign ---> Aries is a Fire Sign -- Red is an Aries color ---> Aries Provocative, strong, hard-driving, commanding ambitious, zealous, venturesome, brave, take-charge ---> Aries contains a set of attitudes and perspectives that are closely aligned with the interests of Mars and the Natural 1st House. As the Sun (or any planet for that matter) transits Aries, all these basically merge and come up for for attention. You'll see them in your views, opinions and behavior, in the attitudes and concerns of the people around you. You see them in the situations you deal with --
* Aries ... on Temperament and Temper ---> Aries is the first sign of Spring. ---> A matter of perspective ---> From the descriptions written of Aries -- across the board from the anonymous authors of dime-store Sun Sign booklets to the creators of respected Astrology texts that only someone devoted to the study would even think of reading -- you get the picture that these people are obnoxious, bossy, hot-tempered and generally hard to be around. I mean I do my share of reading, too ... and I sometimes wonder how the rest of the world puts up with us. I'm one of them, you see.
* Celebrating Aries -- The 5 most distinctive / admirable traits of the sign ---> Perspective ---> Their remarkable drive and enterprise. Aries citizens are always doing something. Sometimes it takes physical movement. Sometimes their projects and plans take place mostly in their minds. Either way they are "in motion" somewhere. To Aries life is a place to have impact, a thing to manage ... and they revel at the prospect. Arians hate to sit around doing nothing. They are easily bored and they can't stand a feeling of stagnation. If there is any way they can make progress, change something or set events in motion
* Conscious Living with Aries -- When The Sun travels through -- the Aries sector in your chart ---> Where is Aries in your chart?Aries is the Spring Fire Sign. ---> When the Sun travels through Aries what area does it cover in your Natal Chart? What house(s) are involved in this particular slice of the sky? And specifically, what house (or houses) in your Natal Chart have Aries on the cusp? These are areas of life where you feel unusual focus now, where you want to launch new projects and get life moving again after the long dormancy of winter ... and the somnolent moods of Pisces. Here you find the assertiveness, ambition and self-confidence you need to step out,
Gender, Quality & Element
* The Elemental Qualities of Aries -- The Cardinal Fire Sign in Astrology ---> Aries is a Fire Sign ---> The Fire Signs of the Zodiac are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. There is one Fire Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Aries is Cardinal Fire. Leo is Fixed Fire, and Sagittarius is Mutable Fire. Together, these three elements form the components in the pattern of the Grand Fire Trine. Fire element is the quality associated with leadership issues, ambitions based on personal charisma, a fondness for seizing the initiative when choosing to act, and a reputation for showing enthusiasm and even zealotry
Aries is Masculine / Yang Energy
Masculine Signs / Feminine Signs * -- It has nothing to do with sex ---> Two orientations on the world ---> In Astrology and metaphysics, Masculine and Feminine refers not to physical gender or personal manner, but to one's basic orientation on the world and one's preferred strategies for dealing with problems. Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while
Masculine Signs * -- The Fire and Air Signs ---> Signs of Life and Intellect ---> Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers. Masculine signs are active, spontaneous, overtly ambitious and more interested in imposing their will on the world than adjusting to what exists. Masculine signs deal with force, identity and intellect. Masculine signs show initiative, overt ambition and ability to conceptualize and communicate verbally. With a majority of planets in
Other Expressions of Aries
* Aries Rising -- Your self-assertion is what you show the world ---> Sooo ... What IS a Rising Sign? ---> Red is an Aries color ---> When you have Aries Rising ... ---> With Aries Rising, you are assertive and spontaneous in meeting life. Your manner is frank and outgoing. You are outspoken ... and know how to say what you mean. You are also impulsive, and while tact is not one of your virtues, no one will ever call you dishonest or malicious. There is tremendous power in this position, showing you can overcome formidable obstacles in pursuing your personal goal
* Your Aries House -- The Starting Point -- Where Action Begins ---> The starting point of life ---> The house in your Natal Chart with Aries on the cusp is the starting point for your life's action. It's where things begin. When you're ready to launch new ventures or start new interests, this is the first place you look for motive and inspiration. You serve the needs of this life area with your energy and physical work. The results, profits and gains from what you accomplish in the Natal House where Mars is located feed the interests of your Aries house. This is how you were designed to operate.
Learn more about Aries in Astrology
These are the index pages to our articles
about Aries and the Sun in Aries.
Aries Articles Index
Sun in Aries Articles Index
Today's Everyday Astrology