We all have Aries in our character
Each of us have Aries energy expressing somewhere in our lives. True, if you don't have a planet in Aries or a major placement, like the Ascendant, in Aries, your Aries energy is indirect, possibly confined only to the affairs of the house that has Aries on the cusp.
Even if you have the Aries / Libra axis intercepted in your chart, you still have Aries energy in your character ... and in your life ... even though it is so private, so closely contained and secluded only you may really perceive its presence at all.
Even then, however, you, like the rest of us, will experience and cope with Aries energy whenever a transiting planet moves through that sign, or whenever Mars in its travels conjuncts your Sun, your Ascendant, your Midheaven, or other important placement in your horoscope.
There's more to this article for our Premium Members.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Aries in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Aries: the 1st Sign of the Zodiac
Are you an Aries?
Learn more about Aries!
* The Elemental Qualities of Aries
Aries is a Fire Sign
The Fire Signs of the Zodiac are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. There is one Fire Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Aries is Cardinal Fire. Leo is Fixed Fire, and Sagittarius is Mutable Fire. Together, these three elements form the components in the pattern of the Grand Fire Trine.
Signs in the Fire element are considered masculine, which, in metaphysical terms means they are dynamic, outgoing, extroverted, and active. Like Air signs ... Fire signs make things happen.
* The Elemental Qualities of Aries
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Aries -- The Interests and Attitudes -- of the 1st Zodiac Sign ---> Aries is a Fire Sign -- Red is an Aries color ---> Aries Provocative, strong, hard-driving, commanding ambitious, zealous, venturesome, brave, take-charge ---> Aries contains a set of attitudes and perspectives that are closely aligned with the interests of Mars and the Natural 1st House. As the Sun (or any planet for that matter) transits Aries, all these basically merge and come up for for attention. You'll see them in your views, opinions and behavior, in the attitudes and concerns of the people around you. You see them in the situations you deal with --
* Aries: Spotlight on Speed ---> Get going ... or get out of the way ---> More than any other sign in the Zodiac, Aries is known for initiative and impatience. You might say it has an obsession with speed ... progress ... getting things started and getting things done. Nothing ever moves or happens fast enough to suit it. It knows how to take aim at its ambitions, make decisions ... and make tracks. It is legendary for its quick responses -- its habit of making snap judgments, forming instant likes and dislikes, trusting its impulses and having the courage to get it where it wants to go. It doesn't need a
* Aries ... on Temperament and Temper ---> Aries is the first sign of Spring. ---> A matter of perspective ---> From the descriptions written of Aries -- across the board from the anonymous authors of dime-store Sun Sign booklets to the creators of respected Astrology texts that only someone devoted to the study would even think of reading -- you get the picture that these people are obnoxious, bossy, hot-tempered and generally hard to be around. I mean I do my share of reading, too ... and I sometimes wonder how the rest of the world puts up with us. I'm one of them, you see.
Gender, Quality & Element
Masculine Signs * -- The Fire and Air Signs ---> Signs of Life and Intellect ---> Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers. Masculine signs are active, spontaneous, overtly ambitious and more interested in imposing their will on the world than adjusting to what exists. Masculine signs deal with force, identity and intellect. Masculine signs show initiative, overt ambition and ability to conceptualize and communicate verbally. With a majority of planets in ....
Masculine Signs / Feminine Signs * -- It has nothing to do with sex ---> Two orientations on the world ---> In Astrology and metaphysics, Masculine and Feminine refers not to physical gender or personal manner, but to one's basic orientation on the world and one's preferred strategies for dealing with problems. Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while ....
* Aries is the Cardinal Fire Sign -- Dynamic Initiative ---> Aries' symbol is the ram. ---> Dynamic Initiative ---> Aries is the Cardinal Fire sign. His personality emphasizes leadership, personal charisma, individual vision, and having a strong sense of who he is and what he can do. Remember ... Fire sign people want to be admired, followed, appreciated, noticed, and deferred to. His likes to do things, stir up energy, get things started, seize the initiative, push inert circumstances into forward motion which will at least bring on change. He is dynamic, assertive, confrontational, aggressive and ....
Other Expressions of Aries
* Aries Rising -- Your self-assertion is what you show the world ---> Sooo ... What IS a Rising Sign? ---> Red is an Aries color ---> When you have Aries Rising ... ---> With Aries Rising, you are assertive and spontaneous in meeting life. Your manner is frank and outgoing. You are outspoken ... and know how to say what you mean. You are also impulsive, and while tact is not one of your virtues, no one will ever call you dishonest or malicious. There is tremendous power in this position, showing you can overcome formidable obstacles in pursuing your personal goal
Aries and Relationships
* How to Get Along with Aries ---> Aries is the Spring Fire Sign.---> Just don't ---> There's one sure way to get along with Aries -- don't get in his way. Aries is not patient. Those four words are a masterpiece of understatement. Aries hates delays. He hates excuses -- about why something wasn't done ... or can't be done ... or won't be done. In fact, he may take that as a challenge to show the speaker just how wrong he is.) Aries hates to be bored. He hates restrictions ... and above all, he hates standing around just wasting time.
Your Aries Energy
* The Other Side of Aries Energy -- When Aries Energy Goes Wrong ---> Aries is the Spring Fire Sign ---> When things go awry ---> Discomfort is a wonderful teacher. Pain gets your attention. And for some of us ... that's what it takes. In Oriental medicine, pain is considered to be a symptom of blocked energy, blocked Chi. Its causes are many, but treatment essentially comes when the practitioner takes action to unblock the clogged energy channel, to break the logjam ... so the chi can disperse as intended and flow naturally again.
* When You Are Using Your Aries Energy Wisely ---> Aries is the Spring Fire Sign ---> Using physical energy ---> First of all, you make the distinction between self-assertion and aggression, between being self-reliant and being a bully. One is good. The other is not. When using your Aries energy wisely, you take care of yourself and your interests, but you do not hurt other people or allow them to hurt you. You stand up for yourself -- and those who need your protection -- but you do not walk all over other people or violate their rights.
Aries & the Planets
Personal Planets in Aries -- Ascendant, Sun, Moon and Mercury in Aries ---> Aries marks the beginning of Spring ---> Aries What Does It Mean in Astrology? ---> Aries is a sign associated with new beginnings, pioneering initiatives, and launching projects and ventures that will take some time to develop -- after the quiescence of Pisces ... with its dreamy emphasis on planning and creative incubation. Aries, therefore, is concerned with leadership, self-assertion, independent action ... and moving life forward again, full steam ahead. Aries is a self-starter ... and energy known for impatience, courage, will power and self-confidence. It can be
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions, use physical and sexual energy, and exert his force and willpower in situations of competition and conflict. As the metaphor for the personal use of force and power, it shows how you make your presence known and
Learn more about Aries in Astrology
These are the index pages to our articles
about Aries and the Sun in Aries.
Aries Articles Index
Sun in Aries Articles Index
Today's Everyday Astrology