The Careerist and the Homebody
For Capricorn, your polarity sign -- the sign opposite you in the Zodiac -- is Cancer -- home-loving, maternal, moody, emotional, protective. Capricorn energy is the anticipated opposite -- career-oriented, stern, disciplined, reserved, and resolutely contained, especially in public.
Cancers are the homebodies; Capricorns the dedicated professionals. Cancers are devoted to the concept of home-and-family. There's a concerned, protective mother energy in every one of them ... men and women alike.
Capricorns, on the other hand, can seem virtually married to their careers ... more bonded to that, those activities and those rewards than to anything as sentimental and possibly unrewarding as a spouse.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Capricorn -- The Attitudes and Interests -- of the 10th Zodiac Sign ---> Capricorn ---> Building, organizing, stabilizing making things permanent and reliable ---> Capricorn contains a set of attitudes and perspectives that are closely aligned with the interests of Saturn and of the Natural 10th House. As the Sun (or any planet for that matter) transits Capricorn, all these basically merge and come up for for attention.
Capricorn Is Cardinal Earth -- Dynamic Practicality ---> Earth Signs ---> There are three Earth Signs in the Zodiac: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. These three signs tend to get along well with each other because of their common values. Earth is the quality associated with common sense, groundedness, practicality, and a natural talent for dealing with the physical business of life.
* Capricorn Signatures -- Hidden indications of major Capricorn energy -- in your horoscope, in your character -- ... or in a situation ---> Capricorn is about things that are solid. ---> Things that last. ---> Are you a Capricorn in disguise? ---> Of course having the Sun in Capricorn is a powerful indicator of strong Capricorn energy in a person's character -- or in a situation.
* Conscious Living with Capricorn -- When The Sun travels through -- the Capricorn sector in your chart ---> Where does Capricorn affect you? ---> When the Sun travels through Capricorn what area does it cover in your Natal Chart? What house(s) are involved in this particular slice of the sky? And specifically, what house (or houses) in your Natal Chart have Capricorn on the cusp?
* Born with the Sun in Capricorn -- The Capricorn Character ---> Reputation is everything! ---> If there's a party animal anywhere in your character, it comes from somewhere other than your Capricorn energy. The Capricorn part of you was born sober, and grown up, and knowing how to behave. That Capricorn part of you wouldn't tie one on or wear a silly paper hat at gunpoint. There's bound to be a camera somewhere in the room ... or a lurking reporter. Or the local gossip.
When the Sun is in Capricorn -- December 21 to January 19 ---> Doing what it takes to get through ---> When the Sun is in Capricorn, people are conservative, deliberate, dignified and determined. In the Northern Hemisphere, it is winter, after all -- and everyone needs to make it from here to Spring. Consequently, actions and attitudes are frugal, methodical, organized and steady. The mood is serious, practical, responsible, and prudent.
The Full Moon in Cancer -- Opposing the Sun in Capricorn -- Balancing Your Private and Public Lives ---> Family vs. Career ---> The Full Moon in Cancer opposing the Sun in Capricorn restates the classic dilemma of home vs. career, professional life vs. private life, public responsibilities vs. family responsibilities that we dealt with six months ago.
* Born with the Sun in Cancer -- The Cancer Character ---> Cancer's symbol is the crab ---> Citizens of an inner world ---> Cancers are spirits of emotions and moods. Their feelings -- and inconsistencies -- the shifting climates of their inner world form the landscape where they live. Cancers have a mood for every occasion. Feelings count with them more than thoughts, or logic, or even the evidence of reality.
When The Sun is in Cancer -- The Transiting Sun in Cancer ---> A time for sentimental feelings ---> When the Sun is in Cancer, people are sensitive, gentle, and protective. They rely more on emotions than logic ... and their attitudes are colored by caution, intuition, and instinct.
Cancer Is Cardinal Water -- Dynamic Emotion ---> Cancer is Cardinal Water ---> Cancer is Cardinal Water. His values are centered firmly in the realm of feelings, emotions, empathy, and intuition. He excels in situations that require connection, understanding, the offering of emotional support and protection.
* The Full Moon in Capricorn -- Opposing the Sun in Cancer -- Balancing Your Professional Responsibilities -- and Your Family Obligations ---> Summer's First Full Moon ---> This opposition, which happens once every year soon after the Summer Solstice, highlights the tug-of-war between the responsibilities you have to your private life, family members, and home situation -- and the emotional yearning for fame, acclaim, recognition, and accomplishment in your professional field and career.