A celestial sensation
Eclipses have long been viewed with wariness and caution. They are, for certain, visually impressive events. If you ever have the chance to see one, it's worth the effort. But if you missed the latest one, never fear. There will be others!
Eclipses also seem to foretell changes and developments far more momentous than those predicted by an ordinary lunation. Their reach is also deeper and lasts longer -- 6 months or more -- compared to the 4 - 5 weeks of a New Moon's power and the 2 weeks of a Full Moon's sway.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
This article, published in full,
is available at my Medium account.
Eclipses: A Celestial Show in Light and Shadow
I urge you to subscribe and support this marvelous platform where
more wonderful writers with wonderful minds publish literate,
thought-provoking content on everything from politics to poetry,
from personal stories to personal development.
Thank you for visiting and considering this request.
Have a lovely, blessed day.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Eclipses -- Special Alignments between -- The Sun, The Moon and The Earth -- for those who like their Astrology straight-up and hard core ---> An eclipse -- why it happens -- In ancient times, eclipses were viewed with fear and wariness -- since they were imperfectly understood. But even today, when we fully understand the cause of eclipses ... and can predict their appearances years in advance, there's still a definite ambivalence -- even among astrologers -- about this peculiar, visually stunning astronomical phenomenon.
* What's the Difference Between -- A Solar and a Lunar Eclipse? -- Different Issues ... Different Requests for Your Attention ---> The physics of it -- A Solar Eclipse happens when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, blocking the sunlight from view for a short time. ( Earth ---> Moon ---> Sun ) A Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Earth moves between the Moon and the Sun blocking sunlight so that it cannot reflect off the surface of the Moon. (Moon <--> Earth <--> Sun )
What Is a Conjunction? ---> Conjunctions are aspects in astrology where the planets or elements involved occupy approximately the same degree and minute of arc in the Zodiac. (In practice, an "orb of aspect" of 8 - 10 degrees is still considered a valid conjunction.)
The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions. It speaks to some elements of our Karma and childhood home, our upbringing, family background and specifically our relationship with our mother (or major mother figure from the past.)
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be -- The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial phenomenon the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon symbolically highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a respected and necessary part of life, and each somehow problematic for the other.
* The Fractiousness and Fracture Lines of the Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally demanding and intense.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky -- In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign.
Conjunctions of the Sun -- When the Essential Self Merges with Another Inner Self ---> When the Sun and another Inner Self join forces -- Conjunctions involving the Sun merge the Sun's symbolism of self-image, creative effort, personal pride and initiative with whatever the other planet (or planets) symbolize. These two are then joined together as a unit.
The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
What Do Sun Aspects Show? -- The Presence and Behavior of Your Inner Selves ---> All aspects to the Sun affect how the person, entity or event you're examining expresses itself ... and how it is perceived. If you have aspects to the Sun in your Natal Chart -- and chances are you do, an unaspected Sun is rare but not impossible -- it shows influences from your family of Inner Selves that affect your self expression.
Articles Index Links
Celestial Navigation is
Rebecca's Astrology Blog