Up front and uncomplicated
The first four signs of the Zodiac are the Personal Signs -- Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer. They engage life and understand the world through their own direct actions and experiences. Their ambitions don't depend much on other people's cooperation or group support. They are fairly stand-alone in who they are, what they do and what they want.
Aries acts. Aries people have their own goals. They're willing to do all the work themselves ... and the rest of the world better not get in their way. They often consider other people "excess baggage."
Taurus builds. Taurus people are here to engage and enjoy the material world. Their sharpest perceptions come through their physical senses. They value things they can touch, weigh, measure ... and own. They are the most materialistic, the most possessive of all the signs.
Gemini learns. Gemini exists in the shifting, malleable world of his own ideas, thoughts and perceptions. He's here to scout out information, collect it and spread it around. His mind is a vessel carrying him through a sea of sights, sounds and knowledge ... and he is a most eager and adept sailor.
Cancer feels. Cancers are creatures of feelings and emotions. They are sensitive in every sense of the word, and their intuition -- their sixth sense -- is as real and informative for them as any of the other five. They don't try to explain themselves to the other signs -- not even the other Water Signs.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Gender in Astrology
* Masculine Signs / Feminine Signs -- It has nothing to do with sex ---> Two orientations on the world -- In Astrology and metaphysics, Masculine and Feminine refers not to gender or personal manner, but to one's basic orientation on the world and one's preferred strategies for dealing with problems.
* Masculine Signs -- The Fire and Air Signs ---> Signs of Life and Intellect -- Essentially, "masculine" signs prefer to seize the moment, make things happen and change what doesn't suit them with their actions and choices. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers. Masculine signs are active, spontaneous, overtly ambitious and more interested in imposing their will on the world than adjusting to what exists. Masculine signs deal with force, identity and intellect.
* Feminine Signs -- The Earth and Water Signs ---> Signs of Practicality and Emotion ---> Where masculine signs are dynamic, self-motivating and proactive, feminine signs take a more subtle, passive approach when dealing with challenge or working for change. Masculine sign people are life's movers-and-shakers, while feminine signs prefer to be patient, bide their time and "wait and see what happens" before spending energy and resources to make life bend to their will.
Born with the Sun in ...
The Personal Signs
* Born with the Sun in Aries -- The Aries Character ---> Aries is the Spring Fire Sign -- Direct and to the point -- Passion is never a problem for Aries. Nor is self-assertion. Nor is being downright pushy and tromping on toes if that gets a job done. Aries is long on initiative and ambition, notoriously short on tact -- and few will apologize for that.
* Born with the Sun in Taurus -- The Taurus Character ---> The symbol of Taurus is the bull. -- Takin' it easy -- Want some words to describe Taurus? How about "laid back" and "easy going?" Taurus likes to mellow out, take life at a measured stride and on its own time schedule. What can I say? Taurus believes in conserving physical resources ... and "conserving" its own energy is first on the list.
* Born with the Sun in Gemini -- The Gemini Character ---> Gemini likes to have back-up ---> Creatures of the mind ---> Gemini is one of the Zodiac's most intellectual signs. Reading, writing, learning, talking, sharing viewpoints and opinions, gathering facts and data, communicating in all the ways you can imagine is what Gemini is all about. Geminis love words ... and jokes, and puns. They love odd pieces of wisdom like trivia, and word games, and "Twenty Questions," and "Jeopardy."
* Born with the Sun in Cancer -- The Cancer Character ---> Cancer's symbol is the crab ---> Citizens of an inner world ---> Cancers are spirits of emotions and moods. Their feelings -- and inconsistencies -- the shifting climates of their inner world form the landscape where they live. Cancers have a mood for every occasion. Feelings count with them more than thoughts, or logic, or even the evidence of reality. Cancers pay attention to their intuition, gut reactions, hunches, and their "take" on people, ideas, places, situations, and problems.
More on the Personal Signs
Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer
* Understanding The Sun in Aries ---> Connect with your initiative -- The Sun travels through the Astrology sign Aries once a year, a trip that lasts about a month. The Sun is in Aries from late March until late April. The energy of the Sun in Aries is dynamic, assertive and competitive -- and accompanies a rise in these attitudes in everyone.
* Understanding the Sun in Taurus ---> There is a lush fertility to Taurus,the Spring Earth Sign -- In touch with the sensual side of life -- The Sun travels through the Astrology sign Taurus once a year, a trip that lasts about a month. The Sun is in Taurus from late April until late May. The energy of the Sun in Taurus is placid and pleasure-loving.
The Personal Signs &
The Elements in Astrology
* The Fire Signs -- Aries, Leo, Sagittarius ---> Fire Signs get things done -- The Fire Signs: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius represent energy that is directly involved with action, leadership, personal charisma, and self-expression. These signs are self-confident, dramatic, self-promoting, exuberant, vivacious, and captivating.
* The Earth Signs -- Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn ---> Earth Signs take care of practicalities --
The Earth Signs: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn represent energy that is directly concerned with practical issues, physical substance, financial matters, and the "business" of living. This energy supports, nourishes, stabilizes, and promotes growth - especially growth on investments. These signs are conservative, solid, pragmatic, constructive, and interested in administering "real circumstances" in the material world.
Celestial Navigation is
Rebecca's Astrology Blog.