Your two most important Inner Selves
Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
The Moon provides a secondary influence in the personality. It is usually subordinate to The Sun, but sometimes can be more obvious. This happens mostly in your private life, when you're dealing with home interests, family members and extremely close friends.
The Sun presides over your usual everyday self. The Moon presides over your feelings and emotions ... components of your private inner self. The Sun describes who you are today ... and who you are becoming. It gives information about your spiritual direction and your destiny. The Moon describes who you are today ... and who you used to be. It gives information about your history, heritage and the past.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Sun in Astrology
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity. It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
* You Are Your Sunshine -- Sun Energy in your horoscope ... -- what it is and what it does ---> The center of it all ---> In Astronomy, the planets in our Solar System revolve around the Sun ... the celestial body at the center of it all ... keeping things together and sustaining life as we know it. In Astrology, your Sun energy defines your life purpose, your central essence ... the power that fashions and expresses the character that is completely, uniquely you.
More About The Sun
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers -- The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
Are You Not Typical for Your Sign? -- When your Sun sign description just doesn't fit ---> What's your sign? -- When someone asks your sign, he wants to know which Zodiac sign the Sun was in when you were born. Usually it's easy to place anyone in a sign, although there are twelve days a year -- days when the Sun changes from one sign to the next -- when a clear answer isn't possible.
The Transiting Sun
* Understanding Transiting Sun Energy -- Things to know about the transiting Sun's -- behavior, position and influence ---> The Sun represents your ego, your basic sense of who you are. In Astrology, the Sun symbolizes your self-image and your self-identity. Your Sun Sign, obviously, tells what sign the Sun was traveling through on the day you were born. The Sun in the sky, however, travels through all twelve signs of the Zodiac in the course of a year.
* The Transiting Sun in Signs -- As The Sun moves through the Circle of Life ---> When The Sun is in Aries, you'll have the energy and ambition you need to launch new projects, make necessary changes and get stuff done. When The Sun moves into Taurus, you're more interested in slowing down, sitting back, taking it easy, stabilizing what you've started and enjoying life at a more measured pace.
The Moon in Astrology
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky --
In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
Moon Lore ---> In ancient times, Moon phases, Moon cycles, were the readily visible, incontrovertible calendar people depended on to mark the passage of time. The appearance of the Full or New Moon in the company of certain well-known and predictable constellations signaled the arrival of specific important moments in the year.
The Full Moon
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
* Fractiousness and Fracture Lines: The Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is -- logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally insistent and intense.
More About The Moon
Moon Magic ---> The Moon has a mystique all its own. It is often associated with secrecy and mystery ... and is associated with strange, uncanny powers. It evokes a peculiar range of responses in cultures everywhere, from curiosity and wonder, to romance and affection, to awe and dread. In legend (and the lore of police and hospital personnel), the Full Moon brings forth weird behaviors, extreme reactions, and over-the-top emotional outbursts associated with no other time on the calendar.
Just What IS the Void-of-Course Moon? -- When life's action slows to a stop ---> What's this all about? -- The Moon circles through all twelve signs of the Zodiac about every 28 days, spending about 2 1/2 days in each sign. As it moves through each sign, the Moon forms angles -- called aspects -- with the Sun and planets. These lunar aspects and the changes they mark describe the ebb and flow of moods and attitudes throughout the day.
What is the Dark of the Moon? -- When the Night's Moon Fades to Black ---> When the night brings no moonlight at all -- The Dark of the Moon refers to that phase in the Moon's monthly cycle when the Sun and Moon are so closely aligned there is no reflected light from the Sun available to shine from the Moon's surface.
Put Dark Moon Magic to Work -- For YOU!! ---> A time to restore and strengthen your spirit --
The Dark of the Moon is considered an especially mysterious, fruitful, and flexible time of "molding" the creative experiences that will come forth in the weeks immediately ahead.
The Sun in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles