This post is about the New Moon in Capricorn.
It is a sample from our Everyday Astrology feature.
There are other posts on this topic in our archives.
Full archives are available to our Premium Members.
January 02, 2022
New Moon in Capricorn
The New Moon in Capricorn is frequently the first New Moon of the year, as is this one. With the New Moon's traditional meaning of fresh starts & new possibilities, that makes it special. Any new year always brings an invitation to shut the door on the past & welcome new adventures, new opportunities, even if you have to do most of the set-up work yourself.
So, at a time of contemplation & planning, having an open mind to embrace new options seems like a pretty good strategy to get things off on the right foot. Under the New Moon, intentions matter ... so put some real thought & heart into this one. What do you want to create ... & what's your best strategy to get there? Capricorn's virtues of organization, industry, common sense & frugality are here to help.
The New Moon: Basic Stuff |
Quick Notes on the New Moon
The Sun & Moon aligned in the sign of public status, personal prestige, professional accomplishment & lasting contributions to the community certainly sets the right tone of somber consideration & lofty ambition. It's time to make something of these possibilities, either because the last two years have been so chaotic & stifled ... or in spite of the strong likelihood that same oppressive climate will continue a while longer.
The New Moon in Capricorn only comes once a year, & the resolve to wring something worthwhile from the rubble of so much waste, sadness, frustration & the constant need to make-do & improvise amid such uncertainty may support a significant change in your mindset.
That alone can open new options as you work to consciously shape a new kind of future rather than just endure the misery of what you're handed by Life, people in power & the disorder of the past two years. Carpe diem. Seize the day.
This is a standard length sample of this feature.
It is the latest essay published in this series.
Full archives are available to our Premium Members.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Everyday Astrology gives a comment and interpretation on some current Astrological event -- or a micro-lesson on some element in Astrology that can help you understand how it all fits together as you learn more about this fabulous metaphysical discipline -- and how it may have surprising value for you!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
On the free site, these articles show 10 - 25%
of the content published in the complete edition.
New Moon, Full Moon, Dark Moon
* Black Moon, Dark Moon, New Moon -- Ok, let's get this sorted out ---> Three names, three things ---> You've certainly heard the term New Moon applied to that part of the Moon's cycle when a small sliver of light appears in the western sky at dusk ... and gradually begins filling in over the next two weeks to reach the glorious display of the Full Moon before diminishing down to nothing again. Moon-watchers of all ages -- and maybe you are one -- enjoy this free celestial show every month.
Dark Moon / New Moon ---> Moon phases ---> Moon phases. We all know they exist. Most people ignore them, except for an occasional glance to the sky. Some people know some of the names. New Moon, Crescent Moon, Half Moon, Gibbous Moon, Full Moon. Some fewer of us even know what they mean and how they bring a kind of natural order and regulation to life on Earth. Others are just proud they know as much as they do and can rattle off some of those phases to make it sound like they know a whole lot more than they do.
* Full Moon / New Moon? Or New Moon / Full Moon? -- Variations on the rhythms of life ---> Different rhythms ---> It's a subtle difference, I admit, but it's there nevertheless. Life's psychological rhythm has a different sequence, depending on whether the New Moon in a particular sign forms first, followed about two weeks later by the Full Moon in the opposite sign ... or whether the Full Moon forms first, followed then by the New Moon lining up with the Sun in its sign.
More on Moon Phases
The New Moon -- A Celestial Milestone ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky ---> In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction. In astronomy and physical reality, the New Moon forms when the Moon aligns between the Sun and the Earth so the side facing us reflects no light.
The New Moon Defined -- Role-playing in real life ---> The New Moon What's this? ---> The New Moon occurs in a new Zodiac sign every month. It's the union of the Sun & the Moon in real time. The Sun travels through the succession of signs in a year & changes signs once a month. The speed-demon Moon travels through all the signs every month, spending about 2 1/2 days in each one. Obviously at some point every month the Sun & Moon will be in the same sign.
The New Moon in Capricorn
From EDA: New Moon in Capricorn ---> Everyday Astrology ---> New Moon in Capricorn ---> The New Moon in any sign temporarily intensifies that sign's interests and qualities in ways that are hard to overstate and virtually impossible to miss -- or ignore. By uniting the Sun's powerful energy -- symbolizing ego, willpower and self-image -- with equally powerful Moon energy -- denoting emotions, feelings and instincts, each New Moon creates a climate of pure essence for us all to respond to and work with and notice.
* Meditation for the New Moon in Capricorn -- The Sun and Moon conjunct in Capricorn ---> Affirmations for the energy of the New Moon in Capricorn ---> I am industrious.I take on tasks that require considerable planning and work. I am patient.I work steadily to produce rewards that are long in coming -- but worth the wait. I am responsible.I meet my routine commitments, even when progress is hard to see.
* The New Moon in Capricorn -- Capricorn Energy in the Creative Process ---> The last of the Earth Signs ---> Ah, Capricorn!! The last and most action oriented of the Earth Signs. Things that are nurtured and earned in Taurus, tended to and perfected in Virgo ... are finally established and solidified in Capricorn. As the next step on the continuum of the creative process, Capricorn takes the wide-ranging input, expanded wisdom, and deep, complex ....
* Welcome to the New Moon in Capricorn ---> Here again ... another New Moon ---> The New Moon every month is the signal to turn your attention to some specific area of life ... those interests ruled and defined by the Zodiac sign where it happens. Life itself will conspire to bring pertinent experiences to your journey. Consciously or not, you will start to focus on these themes. Your passing thoughts and inner voices add their part to the mix.
Learn more about The Moon in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
Today's Everyday Astrology