This post is about The New Moon in Libra in Astrology.
It is a sample from our Everyday Astrology feature.
There are other posts on this topic in our archives.
Full archives are available to our Premium Members.
October 6, 2021
New Moon in Libra
The Moon symbolizes our inner self, the landscape of our private world. The Sun shows our essential being, our outer personality. Every month, these two align in a different, successive Zodiac sign. It's a celestial phenomenon cultures worldwide know as the New Moon. Each New Moon has a theme. It comes with a set of attitudes & issues associated with the current sign, some more attractive than others.
That said, there are far more difficult combinations than the sociable agenda of Libra. Libra is chatty, gracious, friendly, accommodating -- & focused on other people. Alliances, partnerships, close friendships, marriage are all emphatically associated with Libra. It's the seventh sign of the Zodiac, halfway around the circle, the first to focus on social interests rather than strictly personal ones.
Basic Stuff about the New Moon
Libra is about maintaining balance, creating harmony, using diplomacy & being cooperative. So when the New Moon in Libra arrives, it's time to assess your life in terms of these things. Do you have a good work / life balance? How satisfied are you with your relationships? Do you manage them well? Do you get what you need? Are there appropriate boundaries? Do you contribute to their value & upkeep?
If you see areas that need work & attention, now's the time to set some new goals. Intention is key to all New Moon business. It's time to recalibrate your behavior, negotiate a new agreement with your life's important people. Reset the scales in a way that works well for everyone. Compromise is crucial.
Quick Notes on the New Moon
Weigh the value of the things & people around you. Hammer out an equitable contract -- formal or otherwise -- that spells out expectations & responsibilities on each side. If you need to pitch in more, commit to that. If you need more support, ask for it.
Horoscopes for the Season of Libra
September 22 to October 22
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The New Moon
Light Reading & Open Articles
Dark Moon / New Moon ---> Moon phases ---> Moon phases. We all know they exist. Most people ignore them, except for an occasional glance to the sky. Some people know some of the names. New Moon, Crescent Moon, Half Moon, Gibbous Moon, Full Moon. Some fewer of us even know what they mean and how they bring a kind of natural order and regulation to life on Earth. Others are just proud they know as much as they do and can rattle off some of those phases to make it sound like they know a whole lot more than they do. Some cultures, religions and spiritual traditions follow the Moon and her ....
The New Moon
The New Moon * -- A Celestial Milestone ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky ---> In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction. In astronomy and physical reality, the New Moon forms when the Moon aligns between the Sun and the Earth so the side facing us reflects no light.
The New Moon Defined -- Role-playing in real life ---> The New Moon What's this? ---> The New Moon occurs in a new Zodiac sign every month. It's the union of the Sun & the Moon in real time. The Sun travels through the succession of signs in a year & changes signs once a month. The speed-demon Moon travels through all the signs every month, spending about 2 1/2 days in each one. Obviously at some point every month the Sun & Moon will be in the same sign. Somewhere during those magical 2 1/2 days, they will line up exactly -- same sign, same degree, same minute of arc. Then the Moon moves past the Sun & starts running ....
* When the New Moon is in Libra -- When Your Focus and Feelings Center on Relationships ---> A time for alliances ---> The arrival of the New Moon in Libra marks an official end to the focus on individual projects and concerns which consume the first half of every Zodiac year. Now, other people -- their presence, needs and resources -- become a greater part of our lives. We're now ready to take on relationships as a priority.
The New Moon in Libra
* Meditation for the New Moon Libra -- The Sun and Moon conjunct in Libra ---> Imagine yourself walking alone at early evening, at the close of a beautiful day in early autumn. There is just the right bit of nip in the air ... announcing the end of summer and the approach of winter, still on the horizon but coming closer. Maybe you're walking along a sandy beach with tiny seashells underfoot, or through an open meadow where the grass is still green but starting to fade, or along a gently winding forest path with the smell of trees all around -- and the leaves on some showing the beautiful golds and reds of Fall.
* The New Moon in Libra -- Libra Energy in the Creative Process ---> Finding partners ---> As the New Moon arrives in Libra, we wrap up the details of doing work, giving service to others and generally making ourselves useful -- which is the essence of Virgo, and shift the focus to relationships, other people, partnerships and ... marriage. Maybe we think we deserve companionship and quiet moments as a reward for all the good we accomplished this last month, when helping others and selfless generosity was our prime focus.
Thoughts on the New Moon in Libra -- Balancing Your Relationships -- and Forming New Ones ---> The New Moon in Libra highlights relationships. The New Moon in Libra highlights relationships -- so for the next 4+ weeks, it's time to pay special attention to the other people in your life. Sometimes analyzing your relationships objectively is tough. It can take real discipline and honesty to judge how your relationships are working, the part your "significant other" plays in what's going right and what's not ... and the part you play, too.
* When the New Moon is in Libra -- When Your Focus and Feelings Center on Relationships ---> A time for alliances ---> The arrival of the New Moon in Libra marks an official end to the focus on individual projects and concerns which consume the first half of every Zodiac year. Now, other people -- their presence, needs and resources -- become a greater part of our lives. We're now ready to take on relationships as a priority. Teamwork and diplomacy become a greater part of life. Cooperative efforts are now valued over individual initiative.
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: The New Moon ---> Everyday Astrology December 15, 2020 The New Moon ---> New Moons are special -- from the energy that accompanies them, to their spiritual & symbolic meaning, to its visual appearance. That last is kind of tongue-in-cheek. The New Moon forms when the Moon & Sun align in the sky, in the same degree & minute of arc of the Zodiac.. Or, as astronomers phrase it, when the Sun & Moon have the same ecliptic longitude. (When the Sun, Moon & Earth line up on the Plane of the Ecliptic.)
From EDA: Transiting Sun Conjunct Moon -- The New Moon -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology September 30, 2019 Sun Conjunct Moon ---> The New Moon in Libra formed early Saturday afternoon, starting both another Lunar cycle ... and the serious focus on relationships and other people -- the general, underlying theme of the last six Zodiac signs. The first six signs are about individual development while the last six signs deal with how you merge your talents, interests, personality and assets with others.
From EDA: Moon in Libra -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology August 5, 2019 The Moon in Libra ---> The Moon in Libra combines Moon energy (feelings and emotions) with Air energy (intellect and data handling), so there's often a detached, analytical side to how the Moon in Libra works. The Moon spends about 2 1/2 days in Libra every month, so we all get to experience this combination -- fairly regularly and often -- and see how it works for us.
Articles Index Links
Today's Everyday Astrology