Mercury conjunct Venus. The mind joins with grace, beauty, friendly associations & money. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? This aspect isn't as common as you'd think. Both Mercury and Venus are constantly located close to the Sun. Mercury is never more than one sign away, Venus never more than two.
But they move at different rates. They have different retrograde cycles. So when they actually meet up, it's kind of an occasion. Still, it's a nice one. Mind merges with the Pleasure Principle. You become more aware / pay more attention to the things you enjoy / the people you love / the things & situations that bring value & support. In short you think about what makes life worth living.
Whenever Mercury & Venus are conjunct they bring such an atmosphere of harmony & peace you wish you'd been born with it -- or at the very least that it came around more often. This energy also seems to arrive after a time of harrowing upset, which makes it even more welcome. It's such a blessed relief when you feel the energy of the mind merge with the energy of pleasure, companionship & physical supply.
Your ability to think pleasant thoughts soars. Your sociability returns. You move into a time when you actually like people -- or you act like you do. You remember a time when you used to have manners -- & so did everybody else. Resurrecting that attitude seems like a good idea for life. And with any encouragement at all, you'll try to be more friendly, more practical & more tolerant.
This mix is pleasant and easy -- and happens less often than you might expect since both Mercury and Venus constantly hang out close to the Sun. You'd think this would increase the odds of these two getting together, but it only happens once in a while -- so enjoy it while it lasts.
This mix brings a definite style and grace to the way you write and think. There's even a touch of poetry that peeks through every so often which may surprise you. The emphasis here is on enjoying yourself, helping others feel welcome and accepted. You're looking for harmony and balance ... and entertainment. You'll avoid conflicts and competition. You want things to be nice. Fortunately, so does everyone else. Like I said ... easy.
These are excerpts from our Everyday Astrology feature.
Full archives are available to our Premium Members.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mercury in Astrology
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> Metaphor for the mind ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect. It describes the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions, and the way he acquires ... and applies ... the knowledge and information he uses to manage his life.
What Does Mercury Represent -- in Your Natal Chart? * -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. ---> Your mind -- at work and play ---> In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information. Mercury depicts your capacity to form ideas and opinions, the way you deal with facts, and the way you process data.
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills, the intellectual components of his personality, the inner self that deals with physical movement, informational exchange, discrimination, learning and analysis.
More about Mercury
* Mercury: Symbol of Your Intellectual Self ---> Yellow is a Mercury color ---> Your mind, intellectual energy & assets ---> Mercury in Astrology is the symbol for your conscious mind with its amazing array of accessories and gifts. That's the short answer to the question, "What does Mercury represent?" ... because the Sun, Moon & all the known planets have distinct meanings in Astrology. But like most quick short answers, this one is incomplete. Mercury doesn't just symbolize your mind ....
My Notes About Mercury * -- A comprehensive list -- of random things about Mercury -- in no particular order ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> The symbol of your mind ... your intellect ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
Venus in Astrology
* Venus in General -- Your Inner Selves of Resource Management and Relationships ---> Support comes in many forms ---> According to dime-store astrology ... the kind most people know from the little booklets they buy on newstands ... Venus in Astrology rules the two alluring topics of money and love.
* What Does Venus Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Pink is a Venus color. ---> Named for the goddess of love ---> Venus, modestly shrouded in clouds when photographed, is named for the mythological goddess of love. It is often seen as the evening star -- so bright and shimmering some say it gets mistaken for a UFO.
* Venus -- Astrology's Symbol for Love and Money -- Deciphering the Pleasure Principle in the Horoscope ---> Partnership and assets -- Venus in astrology is about the experience of shared support and comfort. It's about pleasure and enjoyment. It's about partnership and alliances -- including marriage. It's about the judicious management of possessions and material resources -- physical assets and income.
More About Venus
* Venus -- Ruler of Taurus -- Ruler of Libra ---> .
Pink is a Venus color! ---> The Roman goddess of love and desire --Venus. The Greeks called her Aphrodite. She was born of sea-foam -- and Botticelli's famous painting shows her as a fully mature woman, standing in a scallop shell as it arrives ashore.
* Your Venus Energy -- So much more than love and money ---> Named for the goddess of love -- Venus the planet, and therefore Venus in Astrology, is named for the Roman goddess of love. That's the short definition of what she symbolizes, and the minute people hear that, their ears perk up and they want to know more, more, more.
* In the Company of the Goddess -- Venus ... the Symbol of Love in the Zodiac ---> The planet Venus as a symbol in Astrology represents our sense of beauty and comfort, the way we deal with money and issues of physical support, and the way we manage our close relationships. It is, therefore, an important indicator of our personal values. Notice the "value" we place on all the things just listed.
* My Notes About Venus -- A comprehensive list -- of random things about Venus -- in no particular order ---> Venus rules two signs in the Zodiac -- Taurus and Libra. Accordingly, Venus also rules two important life areas -- generally simplified as "love and money." But the domain of Venus is much more complicated and populated than that.
The View from Venus Series
The View from Venus 1 -- Tiny Treats About Venus ---> Always a woman ---> Venus in Astrology is a distinctly feminine planet, representing the feminine principle in life in the way Mars represents undisguised masculinity. Thus her temperament may be just as varied and interesting, just as volatile as notoriously passionate Mars, but it is definitely different in the same way that men and women in real life display the same emotions and reactions ... differently.
The View from Venus 2 -- Tiny Treats About Venus ---> Like Mercury, Venus rules two signs in Astrology, Taurus, the Fixed Earth Sign and Libra, the Cardinal Air Sign. Mainstream popular culture -- which amounts to "astrology for the masses" reduces the symbolism of Venus down to "Money and Love" -- two categories that certainly perk up people's interest. Who doesn't want to hear about that? And who doesn't want more of both?
The View from Venus 3 -- Tiny Treats About Venus ---> Simple / not simple ---> Venus presides over two essential life areas ... interests that basically boil down to "love and money." But those simple categories cover a lot more real-life territory. Venus rules relationships, partnerships, connections based on both affection and legal contracts. She deals with public relations and all involvements with allies and "other people" including work arrangements and social cooperation.
The View from Venus 4 -- Tiny Treats About Venus ---> Social fairness ---> In contrast to Mars, whose default reaction to a problem is belligerence ... coercion, force, saber-rattling and a "war" on something, Venus is interested in more inclusive, less authoritarian issues, like justice, fairness, equality, harmony and diplomacy. She works through situations that often involve compromise and cooperation.
Mercury in Astrology
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: Mercury -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology December 9, 2020 Mercury ---> I went looking tonight to see what I'd written on the planet Mercury for this feature. (Never mind why. I just did.) Turns out the answer is "not much," so let's correct that. The Sun and the Moon get plenty of attention, & Mercury is just as important. All the planets are, actually. Each one is significant & deserves his time in the spotlight. I declare tonight, it's Mercury's turn.
From EDA: Mercury Retrograde -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology February 2, 2021 Mercury Retrograde ---> All the planets in a traditional horoscope have a retrograde cycle, an optical illusion from the perspective of Earth when the planet seems to reverse course & for a while, move in the other direction than its usual path. Mercury retrogrades more often than any other planet -- usually three times a year for about three weeks at a time. It happens so often & the effects are so notorious, the phrase is in the common lexicon.
From EDA: Mercury Direct ---> Everyday Astrology November 20, 2019 Mercury Direct in Scorpio ---> When Mercury is retrograde, news arrives that will change your plans and perspectives. You revisit and often revise your intentions ... because the mix of life itself is shifting, and you have to wrap your mind around these different facts and possibilities. It's not over the top to say you understand reality differently. That's the purpose of Mercury retrograde. Kind of a fruit-basket-turnover of how you perceive yourself and your choices.
More Mercury in Astrology
From the Blogs, Ezines
When Mercury Leads the Sun -- Mercury passes and moves out -- in front of the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Racing ahead, out in front like he ought to ---> When Mercury leads the Sun, your intellectual shift moves gradually out of the pensive, reflective, "planning mode" you've occupied for the past several weeks, and you're ready to talk, write, and share ideas openly and freely again with "strangers." This is the stage in the intellectual cycle where you consult with others, gather in new information ....
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Quiet time ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind. With Mercury in a trailing position, you will be more observant and less talkative, more intuitive and less expressive ....
* Mercury ... and the Miracle of the Mind -- Astrology's Search for Intelligent Life ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> Your mind makes you special ---> As an Astrologer I see both the mundaneness of common knowledge -- handling the basic facts of awareness and everyday rituals -- and a touch of miracles in Mercury. In Astrology, this planet named for the winged messenger of the gods represents your conscious human mind, the part of you that makes you a member of the most intelligent species on the planet, the part of you that makes you human -- and sometimes fallible.
Air Planet / Earth Sign -- Earth Planet / Earth Sign -- The Mercury in Taurus Conundrum ---> Mercury in Taurus is in one way an air planet in an earth sign ... and in another way an earth planet in an earth sign. One way works a little better than the other. Mercury as an air planet -- ruler of Gemini -- is a bit too cerebral and abstract in its approach to reality to suit the tastes of ultra-pragmatic Taurus.
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: Venus ---> Everyday Astrology ---> May 6, 2020 Venus ---> Well, as the coronavirus lockdown continues, more and more we're seeing the negative side of Venus come out. People are bored ... so they whine and complain -- without really considering "the alternative" ... which is unpleasant, to put it mildly. In a sane world, being bored beats the living daylights out of being terribly sick ... or dying.
Everyday Astrology gives a comment and interpretation on some current Astrological event -- or a micro-lesson on some element in Astrology that can help you understand how it all fits together as you learn more about this fabulous metaphysical discipline -- and how it may have surprising value for you!
Learn more about Mercury in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde -- Articles Index
Learn more about Venus in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
Venus in Astrology -- Articles Index
Today's Everyday Astrology