The Full Moon in Scorpio opposing the Sun in Taurus
We've just passed the Full Moon phase between the Taurus Sun and the Scorpio Moon ... so for the next week or so, a whole new set of options ... and stresses will be playing in the background of all our lives as we confront the issues posed by questions of personal ownership versus the advantage of joint enterprise.
The opposition between the Taurus Sun and the Scorpio Moon represents the basic division between "what's mine" and "what's ours." The energy of the Taurus Sun can be exceedingly possessive, money-conscious, materialistic, and jealous. Some issue regarding possessions and ownership, the right to exercise authority over your own material assets, the control you have regarding your own financial support may be front-and-center in your attention for a while.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world ---> In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions. It speaks to some elements of our Karma and childhood home, our upbringing, family background and specifically our relationship with our mother (or major mother figure from the past.) The Inner Self fueled by your Moon energy wants you to feel safe, protected, emotionally supported and "at home."
* The Moon -- What Does It Mean in Astrology? ---> The fastest traveler in the chart ---> The Moon changes signs about every 2 1/2 days ... so it's impossible in many cases to know your Moon sign without a correct birth time ... and access to some of the materials you need to cast your Natal Chart. A good astrologer, of course, or a decent computer program can do that for you if you can provide the right information.
* What Does the Moon Represent -- in Your Natal Chart -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The Sun / The Moon ---> What's the difference? ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your essential self -- the outer personality you present to the world and to most people who know you. But The Sun represents only one member of a whole family of inner selves, although, yes, it's a very important one. The second most important member of your inner family is the one represented by the Moon and its placement by sign and house in your Natal Chart.
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
Basic Stuff About the Moon ---> Reflections of your inner world ---> * Every month the Moon travels through all twelve Zodiac signs. It completes its circuit every 27.3 days staying in each sign just under 2 1/2 days. * The Moon rules Cancer, one of the emotional, intuitive Water signs. * The Moon is associated w/ the interests of the 4th house of the horoscope which rules the life areas of home, family, roots, history, private life and living arrangements.
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world.
Sun Sign / Moon Sign -- Sun Energy / Moon Energy in Your Horoscope -- What's the difference? ---> You have a Sun Sign ---> Your Sun sign is the Zodiac sign the Sun was traveling through at the time you were born. There are twelve signs in the Zodiac, starting with Aries and ending with Pisces. When you arrived in the world The Sun was in one of them.
The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers -- The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
* Articles in this extensive series are constructed from information originally published in Step-by-Step, our Premium Members several-times a week Astrology Ezine. This Ezine has been continuously published since late November 2001. The material is published here mostly for my convenience. It is not intended to be finished, organized, polished or even complete. Some of it may be notes that don't even make a lot of sense, but you're welcome to look at it.