Mars in Aries has moved into sextile with Uranus in Aquarius.
Sextiles represent moments of opportunity and insight, moments when the energy of both the planets can be put to beneficial use, stimulated by the assets and qualities of one another. These are two highly assertive and energetic planets in their own signs of rulership. Each is comfortable, expressing the most undiluted aspects of itself and its energy ... and they are ready to howl!!
This represents a wonderful time to generate new ideas and liberating insights -- notions that are daring, revolutionary, and even a little off-the-the-wall they are so full of opportunity for you to be "uniquely yourself." (Uranus in Aquarius) There is also marvelous energy available to act on them, forcefully, honestly, with great initiative, and a sense of Yes!! This is what I want to achieve!! (Mars in Aries)
Mars sextiles Uranus every year or so, but the energy that aspect carries is not always this overt and powerful. There have been several of these sextiles in this particular combination of signs in the last 7 years.
(The first one in this series happened in late March 1996 with Mars almost exactly conjuncting my Aries Sun, and Uranus opposing my Natal Saturn in Leo. The divorce that ended my 25 year marriage occurred exactly one week before ... and at this time I began the work that ultimately went on the Internet with the opening of the Enchanted Spirit site. This is the kind of bold new initiative I'm talking about for all of us, occurring again ... now ... and especially for anyone with any placements around 25º of almost any sign, but especially if your natal placement(s) are in Aries or Aquarius.)
There have been two other Mars / Aries - Uranus / Aquarius sextiles since that first one in 1996 ... and the one occurring now is the last one we'll have in our lifetimes. There will, of course, continue to be Mars / Uranus sextiles ... but in different signs, as Uranus will exit Aquarius and move into Pisces soon. This particular grouping of planets and signs will not occur again for another 80 years.
The next sextile between Mars and Uranus will be in March, 2003 at 29º ... as Uranus exits Aquarius and moves into Pisces and Mars exits Sagittarius and moves into Capricorn. That energy carries a very different flavor than the one available now ... the energy that has been around for the last 7 years. And that combo, too, could be quite interesting.
But for now, listen to the "wild impulses of your heart" ... and see where this energy can lead you. Just final a word about transits here, especially the ones involving what astrologers call "the personal planets" -- The Sun, The Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter. They "set the stage" for what may come, based on your individual choices and actions.
They are, therefore, the easiest opportunities for you to squander or ignore. They really aren't apt to "force" you into anything the way transits involving the transpersonal, outer planets will. (Or will seem to.) They require you to do something about their gifts in order to have the benefits they potentially contain. That's really what they are ... potential.
And although this sextile is only in direct effect for about 10 days ... you certainly don't have to complete the work you want to accomplish in that short amount of time. You don't even really have to grasp the whole scope and vision of your new endeavor. (Enchanted Spirit didn't actually arrive as its own entity for another three years. But it took acting on the idea and the dedication -- and courage -- to move the work forward from its original impulse to its establishment on the Internet.) But you do have to support and act on the ideas that come to you now and over the next few months.
Nobody has a gun to your head. Nobody is keeping score. But what a waste this could be if you let this last marvelous moment slip away unused.
Mars Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About Mars ---> About Mars ---> * After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to complete its circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years. That retrograde cycle can keep it in a single sign for up to six months -- or, of course, it can divide its retrograde path between two different signs.
* My Notes About Mars ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope --->
* After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun.
* Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years. That retrograde cycle can keep it in a single sign for up to six months -- or, of course, it can divide its retrograde path between two different signs.
* The Drumbeat of Mars -- Marching to His Own Militant Music ---> Fire energy ---> The glyph for Mars in Astrology is the well-known symbol for male in biology. Even in this stylized representation, it is phallic, sexual and blatant in what it depicts ... and anyone who has ever seen one of the real thing it signifies recognizes it at once.
Mars in Aries -- Action with Intensity, Initiative, and Courage ---> Red is a Mars color ... and an Aries color!! ---> Mars in Aries ---> Mars shows your ability to take assertive action; your capacity for aggression; your outward sexual expression; your use of energy, force and willpower to achieve your ambitions and desires; your ability to be direct and independent; and your competitive spirit.
* Mars in General -- Your Inner Self of Action, Initiative and Self-Assertion ---> Red is a Mars color! ---> Symbol of energy and ambition ---> In Astrology, Mars represents physical energy, your ability to take action and your instincts for self-assertion and aggression. Mars supports your independence and your ability to set goals and achieve them.
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions, use physical and sexual energy, and exert his force and willpower in situations of competition and conflict.
When Mars is in Aries -- Your Action Self -- in the Sign of Initiative and Self-Assertion ---> Red is a Mars color! ---> The home-field advantage ---> When Mars is in Aries, people are adventurous, pioneering, and assertive. Their attitudes are independent and aggressive. They show initiative, are competitive, and respond well to a direct approach. This energy is active, driven and self-promoting. It is very up-front and honest about its goals and desires ... and is willing to go directly after results.
* Articles in this extensive series are constructed from information originally published in Step-by-Step, our Premium Members several-times a week Astrology Ezine. This Ezine has been continuously published since late November 2001. The material is published here mostly for my convenience. It is not intended to be finished, organized, polished or even complete. Some of it may be notes that don't even make a lot of sense, but you're welcome to look at it.