Mars sextile Pluto
Mars Aries / Pluto Sagittarius
Mars, the astrological metaphor for personal initiative, ambition, and direct action, is now strongly placed in its own sign of Aries, the energy of enterprise, resourcefulness, candor, assertiveness, and, yes, impatience. In trine to Pluto, the astrological metaphor for revolution and improvement, in Sagittarius, the energy of benevolence, generosity, sophisticated learning, expansion, and philosophical structure ... the stage is set for extremely exciting and dynamic ventures that partake of all these qualities.
In plain English, a radical change in your "rules for living," the philosophies by which you run your life, will both set off and support some aggressive new personal statement about what you want to do, create and become over the next couple of years -- when Mars returns to Aries and trines Pluto in Sagittarius again ... in a later degree of the signs.
There is genuine courage and boldness available here now, however, the courage to take risks you may have wavered on in the past, and make some changes that will have long-range repercussions for the whole structure of your life, especially involving the thoughts on which you base your ethical compass.
It's a time of living and acting with greater verve and honesty. You're not only willing to back up your professed beliefs, the things you know in your heart to be true, with immediate, decisive action, you're pretty much ready to run over anybody foolish enough to get in your way.
This can kick off some extremely expansive and liberating new features in your individual lifestyle ... which you will build with personal power and plain old-fashioned elbow grease over the next two years. At least that amount of time will get you well into the next "stage" of this development -- because you may have selected something of monumental scope to work on during this more-than-a-decade when Pluto in Sagittarius will offer you miraculous inspirations for living a life that is authentically and emphatically you.
Set your sights high. This vibrant, enthusiastic energy can take you pretty much anywhere you want to go.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
* Articles in this extensive series are constructed from information originally published in Step-by-Step, our Premium Members several-times a week Astrology Ezine. This Ezine has been continuously published since late November 2001. The material is published here mostly for my convenience. It is not intended to be finished, organized, polished or even complete. Some of it may be notes that don't even make a lot of sense, but you're welcome to look at it.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Mars / Aries Person -- Aries Signatures in a Horoscope ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color. ---> Combinations of Mars / Aries energy ---> Mars / Aries energy can be seen in a number of different patterns or placements in a person's Natal Chart. All the following combinations give the Mars / Aries energy of spunky independence and self-assertive ambition to anyone who owns them, but some are not obvious to the non-astrologer.
From SxS: Mars in Aries ---> January 2002 ---> When Mars is in Aries, people are adventurous, pioneering, and assertive. Their tactics and perspectives are independent and aggressive. They rely on individual initiative, have a distinct element of competition, and respond well to a direct approach.
Mars in Aries -- January 29th, 2017 ---> Mars in Aries
Until March 9 ---> Mars has moved into Aries, where it will be for more than a month. ---> When Mars is in Aries, people are adventurous, pioneering, and assertive. Their attitudes are independent and aggressive. They show initiative, are competitive, and respond well to a "direct approach." This energy is "active," driven and self-promoting. It is very "up-front and honest" about its goals and desires ... and is willing to go directly after results.
* About Mars 1 ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope ---> * After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years. That retrograde cycle can keep it in a single sign for up to six months -- or, of course, it can divide its retrograde path between two different signs.
Basic Stuff About Mars ---> About Mars ---> * After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to complete its circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years. That retrograde cycle can keep it in a single sign for up to six months -- or, of course, it can divide its retrograde path between two different signs.
* The Drumbeat of Mars -- Marching to His Own Militant Music ---> Fire energy ---> The glyph for Mars in Astrology is the well-known symbol for male in biology. Even in this stylized representation, it is phallic, sexual and blatant in what it depicts ... and anyone who has ever seen one of the real thing it signifies recognizes it at once.
Mars in Aries -- Action with Intensity, Initiative, and Courage ---> Red is a Mars color ... and an Aries color!! ---> Mars in Aries ---> Mars shows your ability to take assertive action; your capacity for aggression; your outward sexual expression; your use of energy, force and willpower to achieve your ambitions and desires; your ability to be direct and independent; and your competitive spirit.
* Mars in General -- Your Inner Self of Action, Initiative and Self-Assertion ---> Red is a Mars color! ---> Symbol of energy and ambition ---> In Astrology, Mars represents physical energy, your ability to take action and your instincts for self-assertion and aggression. Mars supports your independence and your ability to set goals and achieve them.
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions, use physical and sexual energy, and exert his force and willpower in situations of competition and conflict.
When Mars is in Aries -- Your Action Self -- in the Sign of Initiative and Self-Assertion ---> Red is a Mars color! ---> The home-field advantage ---> When Mars is in Aries, people are adventurous, pioneering, and assertive. Their attitudes are independent and aggressive. They show initiative, are competitive, and respond well to a direct approach. This energy is active, driven and self-promoting. It is very up-front and honest about its goals and desires ... and is willing to go directly after results.
Pluto: Lord of Transition -- The Power to Rock Your World ---> The planet Pluto, so the news is told, was discovered by accident ... in a world where "accidents" are more mythical than the Lord of the Underworld himself. ---> Twenty-two year old astronomer Clyde Tombaugh was actually on a wild goose chase when it happened, unaware, of course, that his whole mission was based on a mistake -- or that he was about to step into history. He was studying photographs of the night sky over Arizona, pictures taken nearly a month before, searching for an elusive Planet X whose existence was believed to explain discrepancies in the predicted orbit of Neptune.
Pluto: Ruler of Scorpio -- Symbol of Your Transformative, Regenerative Self ---> Pluto, with its bizarre, irregular orbit, is the last of the discovered planets in this Solar System which the basic metaphorical language of astrology contains. Occasionally it is the outermost of the known planets, although during part of its journey around the Sun it moves inside the orbit of Neptune.
* Pluto -- The Symbol of Irresistible Change ---> When things change ... drastically ---> Pluto. If the idea of this planet and all its metaphorical meanings, all the things it symbolizes out in the real world, don't cause the hair to ripple on the back of your neck and an inward shudder to pass through the core of your body like a sudden gust of frigid wind, well, then you don't know it like I do.
When Pluto Crossed Through Sagittarius -- November 1995 through November 2008 -- Things to know about --The Great Transformer's Transit through -- The Sign of Law and Religion ---> As Pluto crossed through Sagittarius -- (from roughly November 1995 until November 2008) -- a bold new revolutionary mindset regarding collective laws and religious philosophy began working its way into the social fabric. Cultures became more polarized along political, secular and religious lines -- and increasing world tension reflected the "growing pains" of that process.