Now that Mercury is direct again, you will see intellectual matters, communications issues, contracts, writing, and other Mercury matters that have been stalled -- and reworked during the retrograde phase begin to move forward again with greater speed and new improvements. At least the world will have its head on straight again!
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
* = Premium Members Article
You might also enjoy
Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury occupies the innermost orbit of any other planet in our Solar System. Relative to Earth it is located on the other side of Venus. Mercury is the planet closest to the Sun.
* Don't Govern with Bad Intelligence -- Knowing what Mercury Retrograde Means -- And What It Means to You!! ---> One thing's for sure ... things will change ---> When Mercury is retrograde, it's hard to make reliable decisions. You may not have all the facts you need. The facts you do have may change ... or your understanding of them may change. New information may arrive that puts a different light on your life, your plans, and your world itself. You gain a new perspective -- or a new opinion -- on something that makes you rethink everything start to finish.
* Mercury in General -- Your Inner Selves of Learning and Work ---> Learning stuff, using your mind and putting it to work ---> Like Venus, your Mercury energy describes two inner selves. One manages your mind and all its talents; the other is in charge of the work you do ... the ways you use your skills and abilities to help others and build the kind of life your want for yourself. Again, as with Venus, these are usually reduced to the basic categories of "mind" and "work," but they also include whole subdivisions of behavior and talents.
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Metaphor for the mind ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect.
* What Does Mercury Represent -- in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. ---> Your mind -- at work and play ---> In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information.
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind ---> When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets.
* Mercury Retrograde -- A New Look at an Old Aggravation ---> People know what it means ---> A surprising number of people know the term Mercury Retrograde. More surprising, since many people aren't really "into" astrology, they have a pretty good idea what it means.
Mercury Retrograde -- A Personal Perspective -- Rethinking Life's Regular Reversals ---> Changes in latitude ... ---> Over the years -- somewhere without my realizing it -- my attitude toward Mercury retrograde has changed. Dramatically. Not being anything close to patient, I once watched the arrival of this moving-backward journey of the mind with dread and resentment.
* Mercury Retrograde and Shadow-Mode ---> The real life truth of Mercury Retrograde ---> When Mercury turns retrograde (in any sign), look at the degrees of the Zodiac it will cover in its backward retreat. Mercury's "official" retrograde period lasts about three weeks if you go by the regular calendar, but objectively -- in real life -- Mercury's retrograde cycle takes a lot longer. It starts with what's called a "shadow phase."
* The Positive Side of Mercury Retrograde -- The Bright Side of a Pesky Problem ---> Every cloud has a silver lining ---> While the time of Mercury Retrograde can, indeed, seem like a pothole in the pathway of progress ... because of the confusion and "mis-communication" for which it is famous. It also has its constructive uses ... which, admittedly do take some effort to access. Some of the lesser known positive uses of Mercury Retrograde are:
* Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> * Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun.
* Quick Notes on Mercury Retrograde ---> You might want to start here: ---> Mercury Retrograde in Shadow-Mode ---> Time to reconsider ---> When Mercury turns retrograde, which it does about three times a year, it moves from the degree of the Zodiac where it stops before turning around (Astrologers call this piece of business "taking a station.") ... then it moves about 14 -15 degrees backwards to a previous point. There it takes another station ... and then finally, starts moving forward again -- having tended (we hope) to the business it forgot ... or misunderstood .
* Turn Mercury Retrograde into an Inner Experience ---> Go inward ---> Mercury rules all functions of the mind and all forms of transportation and physical mobility. When Mercury turns retrograde -- as is legendary in everyday experience -- the chance that something will go wrong in these areas increases to the point it almost seems like a given. Things get lost. Things go missing. Things break down. Delays and misunderstandings abound.
When Mercury Leads the Sun -- Mercury passes and moves out -- in front of the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Racing ahead, out in front like he ought to ---> When Mercury leads the Sun, your intellectual shift moves gradually out of the pensive, reflective, "planning mode" you've occupied for the past several weeks, and you're ready to talk, write, and share ideas openly and freely again with "strangers."
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Quiet time ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind.