Mercury Square to Uranus
Mercury in Taurus (practical thinking, a desire to stick to well-laid plans) goes square to Uranus in Aquarius (the generation of independent and inventive proposals) tonight, ushering in a week or more of intellectual excitement that could bring a raft of new ideas, unexpected pieces of information, ingenious concepts "from out of the blue," and sudden changes of viewpoint -- that can both provide new stimulation and catch you totally off guard.
The welcome grounding of Taurus in this equation may keep these new thoughts practical, realistic, and semi-stable ... at least for a few hours, but the change of Mercury into Gemini in the very early hours of Tuesday morning is sure to kick the idea factory into very high gear. At that point we will have both these highly volatile, cerebral, communicative planets in their own signs of rulership -- and the mental fireworks will shower new concepts into your life like sparklers on the 4th of July.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
* Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> * Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun.
* What Does Mercury Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. -- Your mind -- at work and play -- In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information.
* Mercury in General -- Your Inner Selves of Learning and Work ---> Learning stuff, using your mind and putting it to work -- Like Venus, your Mercury energy describes two inner selves. One manages your mind and all its talents; the other is in charge of the work you do ... the ways you use your skills and abilities to help others and build the kind of life your want for yourself.
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills
* Articles in this extensive series are constructed from information originally published in Step-by-Step, our Premium Members several-times a week Astrology Ezine. This Ezine has been continuously published since late November 2001. The material is published here mostly for my convenience. It is not intended to be finished, organized, polished or even complete. Some of it may be notes that don't even make a lot of sense, but you're welcome to look at it.