Venus opposing Jupiter is a classic aspect of self-indulgence, extravagance, wastefulness, pretentiousness, hypocrisy, and excesses, especially when it comes to spending money or getting involved in relationships that are "all show and no substance."
You may expect partners to "pick up the tab" for your excessive spending and other extravagances. You may overextend for the sake of "image" -- both at home and in public.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About Venus ---> About Venus ---> * In the arrangements of planets in our Solar System, Venus is the planet closest to Earth. It is located between Mercury and Earth and is the second planet out from the Sun.
* About Venus -- A comprehensive list -- of random things about Venus -- in no particular order ---> Editor's Notes ---> This page -- and the subsequent continuing links -- basically offer a comprehensive list of things to know and keep in mind about Venus -- what it does and what it means in Astrology.
* Venus in General -- Your Inner Selves of Resource Management and Relationships ---> Support comes in many forms ---> According to dime-store astrology ... the kind most people know from the little booklets they buy on newstands ... Venus in Astrology rules the two alluring topics of money and love. Like Mercury, Venus rules two Zodiac signs -- Taurus and Libra, and there is, indeed, a connection here between Venus ... money ... and love.
* What Does Venus Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Pink is a Venus color. ---> Named for the goddess of love ---> Venus, modestly shrouded in clouds when photographed, is named for the mythological goddess of love. It is often seen as the evening star -- so bright and shimmering some say it gets mistaken for a UFO. Maybe. Maybe not.
* When Venus is in Capricorn -- Your Resource Manager and Inner Partner -- In the Sign of Status and Public Service ---> Relationships that last ---> When Venus is in Capricorn, people are careful, conventional, prudent, and practical in their relationships. They emphasize qualities such as dignity, persistence, stability, self-control, and meeting responsibilities.
Basic Stuff About Jupiter ---> About Jupiter ---> * Jupiter is by far the largest planet in our Solar System. It is the fifth planet from the Sun and orbits between Mars and Saturn. * It takes Jupiter about 12 years to circle through the Zodiac, and it normally spends about a year in each sign. * Jupiter usually retrogrades in each sign as it travels, and spends about 4 months in retrograde when it does.
* Jupiter in General -- Your Inner Self of Expansion, Morality and Abundance ---> Jupiter is about expansion ---> In Astrology, Jupiter represents your ability to expand your intellectual horizons through advanced study and travel. It widens your cultural connections by showing you how other people conduct their lives and how you can incorporate foreign concepts and ideas into your own ways of thinking and living.
* What Does Jupiter Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Jupiter rules Sagittarius, the last sign of autumn -- November 22 to December 21. ---> Opening up your world ---> Jupiter, colorful and immense, dwarfs the Earth by comparison. It is named for the mythological King of the ancient Roman Gods. (The Greeks called him Zeus.)