Jupiter is about wide open spaces
* Jupiter is by far the largest planet in our Solar System. It is the fifth planet from the Sun and orbits between Mars and Saturn.
* It takes Jupiter about 12 years to circle through the Zodiac, and it normally spends about a year in each sign.
* Jupiter usually retrogrades in each sign as it travels, and spends about 4 months in retrograde when it does. ---> See: * Jupiter Retrograde
Quick Notes on Jupiter
Jupiter is about expansion
More about Jupiter
* Jupiter rules Sagittarius, the 9th Sign of the Zodiac and is associated with the 9th House of the Natural Horoscope -- the one that begins with 0° Aries on the Ascendant.
* Jupiter's symbol is the centaur, the archer, a mythological creature half-man and half horse. This combines both the animal nature and the spiritual / higher mind natures of humankind. On the one hand the centaurs could be brutish. On the other hand, they were often revered as scholars and teachers.
* In keeping with this metaphor, Jupiter is often considered the thinking person's planet. It deals in specialized fields and sophisticated knowledge. It organizes the cultural wisdom and social norms into teachable, logical systems.
Jupiter -- Speaking of Luck
Jupiter is about abundance
Still more about Jupiter
* Jupiter governs the functions of higher learning and the abstract mind. Its interests include legal concepts, philosophical principles and ethical standards.
* Jupiter energy encourages you to explore new ideas and new horizons -- physically and intellectually. It encourages all kinds of growth and expansion -- even to excess. Where Jupiter energy is involved, enough is never enough and there's no such thing as "too much."
* Jupiter energy is present in the formulation of your ideology, your religious beliefs and your spiritual principles.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Jupiter in Astrology
* Jupiter in General -- Your Inner Self of Expansion, Morality and Abundance ---> Jupiter is about expansion ---> In Astrology, Jupiter represents your ability to expand your intellectual horizons through advanced study and travel. It widens your cultural connections by showing you how other people conduct their lives and how you can incorporate foreign concepts and ideas into your own ways of thinking and living.
* What Does Jupiter Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Jupiter rules Sagittarius, the last sign of autumn -- November 22 to December 21. ---> Opening up your world ---> Jupiter, colorful and immense, dwarfs the Earth by comparison. It is named for the mythological King of the ancient Roman Gods. (The Greeks called him Zeus.) In Astrology, it symbolizes your philosophical foundations, your urge to expand ....
* Jupiter: The Gifts of a Lifetime ---> Jupiter is about seeing life
from The Big Picture perspective ---> It's about values ---> I could make a case that The Sun, The Moon, and every planetary placement in your chart are about values. The Sun is about self-identity ... the values you want to embody and display by being the person you truly are. The Moon is about family values ... emotional values ... habits, instincts, and legacies from your past.
More about Jupiter
What Does Jupiter Mean in Astrology ---> Jupiter deals with long-distance traveland wide open spaces ---> Jupiter's Meaning in Astrology ---> * Jupiter is Astrology's symbol for luck, generosity, optimism, higher education, expansion of all sorts * Jupiter deals with higher learning, sophisticated knowledge, teaching abilities, ever-expanding expertise & wisdom. The Jupiter-ruled person is always learning more about his subject to become ....
* Jupiter Retrograde -- Expanding Your Latest Creation ---> Jupiter's interests ---> Jupiter represents your philosophical beliefs and ethical principles. It describes your ability to share authoritative knowledge ... the wisdom you've gained both through academic study and through the simple experience of living. These are the lessons you teach through the example of your own life by the ideas that guide your choices and the actions you take as a result.
Jupiter Ascending 1 -- Tiny Treats About Jupiter ---> The Great Benefic ---> When people just getting acquainted with Astrology hear about Venus, the "love & money" planet, their ears perk up & they want to know right away how they can tap into that. But if they hang around a little while longer, they learn they really want to cozy up to Jupiter -- the planet of generosity, wealth, abundance, prosperity & luck. Right away their interest shifts.
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: Jupiter ---> Everyday Astrology December 26, 2020 Jupiter ---> As an Astrologer, I often see the planets -- what they represent & rule -- as sometimes overlapping in their territory, sometimes contradictory & antagonistic to one another ... and sometimes a planet builds & expands on certain elements of another planet's turf. For me, this happens when dealing with Jupiter and the Sun. Just as the Sun is the center of our Solar System --
Jupiter Direct -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology August 12, 2019 Jupiter Going Direct ---> When an Astrologer mentions a planet is retrograde, some in the audience cringe. Retrograde planets are thought to cause trouble, bring problems, mess things up for innocent, hard-working people. Well, yes, sometimes, that happens -- until you look at The Big Picture. Jupiter came out of retrograde this morning -- and, glacially for a while, is moving direct again.
Jupiter Retrograde -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Does this feel like the story of your life? ---> Everyday Astrology September 16, 2020 Jupiter Retrograde ---> You've probably heard about Mercury Retrograde. Many people have. Many even have a fairly good general idea about what it means: misunderstandings, poor communication, technological screw-ups, trouble traveling, missed appointments, traffic jams. Well, all the planets in your horoscope (that's everything except the Sun and the Moon) have a retrograde cycle as part of their travels.
Related to Jupiter
* Born with the Sun in Sagittarius -- The Sagittarius Character ---> The Wandering Philosopher ---> Sagittarius is the philosopher, teacher, religious leader and moral conscience of the Zodiac. Sagittarius souls are vivacious, dynamic, and always have plenty of energy to burn. They are fueled by an adventurous, restless spirit that keeps them always on the move, going places and doing things -- often physically but for sure intellectually.
Jupiter in Astrology Articles Index