The planet of action & self-assertion
* Mars turns retrograde every 25 - 26 months and stays that way for between 60 and 80 days. It covers anywhere from 10 to 20 degrees in its backward trek. Only Venus retrograde intervals are less common.
* Mars is Astrology's metaphor for raw physical energy / the ability to do work and get things done. It's your drive and initiative, your powers of self-assertion and aggression. It also represents your instincts for self-protection and your sex drive -- the way you express your passion and what you do to show love.
* All planets in your horoscope (there are 8 of them) have a retrograde cycle. Being "in retrograde" changes the way the energy of that planet expresses itself. The energy of the retrograde planet become quieter, indirect, internalized, introspective. Often you have to go back & change, fix or correct things that impede you in working with that planet's issues.
It's all up for review
* Retrograde energy can be frustrating & confusing. Solving problems, untangling snarls, straightening out strategies & intentions, rearranging structures, breaking things apart & rebuilding, or shoring up & strengthening things (or replacing them) are common items on your To-Do List when a planet is Rx. Basically you have to rethink & rework how you function with that planet's energy. (Learn new tricks!!)
* When Mars turns retrograde the things it represents are "up for review." It's time to reassess how you handle this energy and whether you think your tactics meet your needs and get what you want -- or whether its time to find a new approach and do something different.
* It's also time to do work over in the area where Mars retrogrades. Things you thought were over and done with or finished a long time ago now prove themselves to be inadequate for the future. They need to be stronger. They need to provide different features. They need to be redone to provide something other than what they offer now.
A time of reassessment & self examination
* Mars Rx often brings back experiences of unresolved anger / unresolved conflicts so we can re-do them. It gives us the chance to rethink our habits & tactics -- & adopt something more effective / more able to meet our needs / more likely to help us survive.
* Mars Rx is also a time to re-examine your plans, motives & intentions / to ask yourself where you're going & why / to see if what you're aiming for really fills the requirements, meets the needs, or does the job that needs doing. When Mars comes out of Rx, you'll have a whole new perspective / changed plans / different assets to work with / more focus / better intentions / more energy / an adjusted direction.
* You'll see the world (and your path) with "fresh eyes." Life itself may have taken on a new, different, improved, or stronger meaning. As a result you may need (or choose) to modify your behavior / your self-assertion & act differently
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Join our Premium Membership today!!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* My Notes About Mars ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope --->
* After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years.
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions ....
Related to Mars
* The Mars / Aries Person -- Aries Signatures in a Horoscope ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color. ---> Combinations of Mars / Aries energy --Mars / Aries energy can be seen in a number of different patterns or placements in a person's Natal Chart. All the following combinations give the Mars / Aries energy of spunky independence and self-assertive ambition to anyone who owns them ....
From the Blogs and Ezines
From EDA: Mars ---> Red is a Mars color!! ---> Everyday Astrology February 6, 2020 Mars ---> In Roman mythology, Mars was the God of War, ranked second only to Jupiter, the King of the Gods. To follow the symbolism, once you have enough individual power to assert yourself and affect your surroundings, and enough abundance to feed and support yourself, and the assurance that you deserve to be here, you can turn your attention to other matters.
Mars in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mars in Astrology
Quick Notes on Mars In Astrology
Learn more about Mars in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
Mars in Astrology -- Articles Index