Red is a Mars color
Mars in Cancer
Cancer is an energy about feeling, mothering, protecting and supporting the people & lives we love, those who are related to us by blood & marriage ... & those we've adopted & made "part of the family." It is associated with tenderness, compassion, caring & the feeling of unity that comes from sharing a common background, the same history, the same roots. From this in Cancer, you get a sense of who you are & where you come from that helps define you.
In Cancer, you learn how to build on the foundations you were born into & how to branch out eventually & build your own. It's about building an actual home, a place of support, understanding & acceptance you can always return to if you need care, shelter or a renewed sense of belonging. Home, says the poet, is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.
In mundane matters, Cancer is concerned with your home base, your actual living conditions, your ethnic heritage, your original roots & current foundations. It's the fairly small circle of people you feel you belong to ... & vice versa. It's parents & grandparents, children, aunts, uncles, siblings & cousins. It brings a feeling of being rooted firmly in the past with "people who are your kin" ... moving into the future together.
Cancer is mothering, understanding, tender, soothing & comforting. It understands what someone needs without a word being spoken aloud. It provides empathy & understanding, acceptance & loving inclusion when those are exactly the things you need to heal from the wounds of the outer world.
With Mars' arrival here ... in the Zodiac's 4th Sign, these are the issues onstage for the next six weeks in matters that involve action, initiative, self-assertion, self-defense, sexuality ... and generally "getting things done." Mars is concerned with all things that require pure physical energy.
Learn more about Cancer here: ---> Cancer
There's more to this article for our Premium Members.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mars in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mars in Astrology ---> About Mars ---> * After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to complete its circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years.
Quick Notes on Mars In Astrology ---> Mars represents physical energy ---> * Mars in Astrology symbolizes physical energy ... and how you use it. Therefore it gives information about your capacity for action, your natural initiative, passion, aggression, temper, self-defense and your sexual style. * Mars energy is assertive and forceful. It wants a goal to pursue and a direction to channel its action.
Mars in Astrology
* Mars in General -- Your Inner Self of Action, Initiative and Self-Assertion ---> Red is a Mars color! Symbol of energy and ambition In Astrology, Mars represents physical energy, your ability to take action and your instincts for self-assertion and aggression. Mars supports your independence and your ability to set goals and achieve them.
* What Does Mars Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Red is Mars' color!! ---> The symbol of force and power ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action ...
* My Notes About Mars ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope --->
* After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years.
More about Mars
* The Drumbeat of Mars -- Marching to His Own Militant Music ---> Fire energy ---> The glyph for Mars in Astrology is the well-known symbol for male in biology. Even in this stylized representation, it is phallic, sexual and blatant in what it depicts ... and anyone who has ever seen one of the real thing it signifies recognizes it at once.
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions ....
* The Mars / Aries Person -- Aries Signatures in a Horoscope ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color. ---> Combinations of Mars / Aries energy --Mars / Aries energy can be seen in a number of different patterns or placements in a person's Natal Chart. All the following combinations give the Mars / Aries energy of spunky independence and self-assertive ambition to anyone who owns them ....
Still More about Mars in Astrology
* Mars Retrograde -- Doing Work Over Again ---> Red is a Mars color. ---> Mars -- retrograde in Aquarius ---> Mars has turned retrograde in Aquarius. This happened on June 26 and its effects will be showing up soon. I see them at work already in my life. (And if you know what to look for, you'll see them in yours.)
From the Blogs and Ezines
From EDA: Mars in Astrology ---> Red is a Mars color!! ---> Everyday Astrology February 6, 2020 Mars ---> In Roman mythology, Mars was the God of War, ranked second only to Jupiter, the King of the Gods. To follow the symbolism, once you have enough individual power to assert yourself and affect your surroundings, and enough abundance to feed and support yourself, and the assurance that you deserve to be here, you can turn your attention to other matters.
From EDA: Mars Retrograde -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology October 29, 2020 Mars Rx ---> It's not news. Mars is Retrograde until November 13. It's been in its own shadow since July 25, and will not emerge until January 2. Maybe that bodes well (a little bit) for 2021 being a better year than 2020. It would almost have to be, but we've learned these are times with no guarantees.
Cancer Is Cardinal Water -- Dynamic Emotion ---> Cancer is Cardinal Water ---> Cancer is Cardinal Water. His values are centered firmly in the realm of feelings, emotions, empathy, and intuition. He excels in situations that require connection, understanding, the offering of emotional support and protection. These are things he often needs himself, and in a world where "water-proofing" something often takes deliberate effort, Cancer, like all the water signs, has trouble dealing with boundaries. His interest in "family" draws many people into his emotional circle -- where he loves, frets over, and tries to take care of them ....
* Born with the Sun in Cancer -- The Cancer Character ---> Cancer's symbol is the crab ---> Citizens of an inner world ---> Cancers are spirits of emotions and moods. Their feelings -- and inconsistencies -- the shifting climates of their inner world form the landscape where they live. Cancers have a mood for every occasion. Feelings count with them more than thoughts, or logic, or even the evidence of reality. Cancers pay attention to their intuition, gut reactions, hunches, and their "take" on people, ideas, places, situations, and problems. It's one of their most used and useful gifts. They have wonderful access to areas of reality we ....
* When Mars is in Cancer -- Your Action Self -- In the Sign of Family and Feelings ---> Action fueled by emotions ---> When Mars is in Cancer, people are moved by emotional considerations. They concentrate on security and protection. Tactics and ideas are indirect, unobtrusive, quiet, and far more passive than active. With Mars in Cancer, people focus on their private lives, family members, physical living conditions, home circumstances, emotional roots, and issues of tradition and "the past."
Cancer & Mars in Cancer
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA Cancer ---> Everyday Astrology July 12, 2020 Cancer ---> If you've never spent time with someone who has strong Cancer signatures -- strong Cancer energy -- in his character, you're in for a treat. You're also in for an education. Cancer is a Water Sign, & the contemporary world ... that makes them "different." Whether that's good or bad can depend on who you're talking to -- & what they're describing. Water Signs live in the world of emotions, & with Cancer that fact is upfront & onstage. (With Scorpio, it tends to be hidden, & with Pisces, it's wide & deep instead of dynamic ....
From EDA: Mars in Cancer -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology April 23, 2021 Mars in Cancer ---> Mars comes into Cancer from its recent sojourn in cerebral, quick-witted Gemini. What a transition! Mars in Gemini is objective, inventive, dispassionate. Mars in Cancer ... isn't. Here action is fused with emotions, feelings, intuition, memories & the subliminal chatter of the subconscious mind. Feelings & moods have a huge influence on how you behave, which is strange territory for Mars. True this pure Warrior spirit can't really go wrong by having & trusting his instincts.
Learn more about Mars in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
Mars in Astrology -- Articles Index