Red is a Mars color
Mars in Leo
In Astrology, Mars symbolizes your capacity to initiate action, show aggression, and carry out strategies in the pursuit of goals. Mars is the metaphor ... the astrological symbol ... for pure physical energy. This includes your use of sexual energy as well.
Mars represents your ability to stir things up in your world, to fight for what you want and defend yourself and what's important to you. Mars is your Inner Warrior ... with all the sense and savagery contained in that inner self that is designed to protect you and help you survive ... no matter what.
It signifies your capacity to be independent and self-assertive, to act on impulse, to compete for your goals in the face of opposition, and to champion your own ambitions with your own work and effort.
Mars takes approximately two years to travel through all twelve signs of the Zodiac, and it will retrograde once during that cycle -- for about 2 1/2 months at a time.
What it means & where it is
- Your ability to take aggressive action
- Your use of physical and sexual energy
- Your capacity for self-assertion and initiative
There's more to this article for our Premium Members.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Mars in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mars in Astrology
Quick Notes on Mars In Astrology
Mars & Mars Energy
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mars in Astrology
Mars in General * -- Your Inner Self of Action, Initiative and Self-Assertion ---> Red is a Mars color! ---> Symbol of energy and ambition ---> In Astrology, Mars represents physical energy, your ability to take action and your instincts for self-assertion and aggression. Mars supports your independence and your ability to set goals and achieve them. It is associated with overt sexual energy and competition in general. The Inner Self fueled by Mars energy knows how to take care of itself, how to get what it wants and when situations call for force and willpower. Mars energy wants you to feel safe, capable, confident and strong.
* What Does Mars Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Red is Mars' color!! ---> The symbol of force and power ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions, use physical and sexual energy, and exert his force and willpower in situations of competition and conflict. As the metaphor for the personal use of force and power, it shows how you make your presence known and how you "take care of Number One" ....
My Notes About Mars in Astrology * ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope ---> * After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years. That retrograde cycle can keep it in a single sign for up to six months -- or, of course, it can divide its retrograde path between two different signs. * Starting with Mars, the planets can be in any sign of the Zodiac.
More about Mars
* The Drumbeat of Mars -- Marching to His Own Militant Music ---> Fire energy ---> The glyph for Mars in Astrology is the well-known symbol for male in biology. Even in this stylized representation, it is phallic, sexual and blatant in what it depicts ... and anyone who has ever seen one of the real thing it signifies recognizes it at once. Mars, and the energy associated with it, is assertive, aroused, fired-up, on the prowl and ready for action! No wonder it has such a formidable (and sometimes forbidding) reputation among the more timid and peace-loving souls of the Zodiac. Mars' Prime Directive is to advance, to conquer ....
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions, use physical and sexual energy, and exert his force and willpower in situations of competition and conflict. As the metaphor for the personal use of force and power, it shows how you make your presence known ....
The Mars / Aries Person * -- Aries Signatures in a Horoscope ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color. ---> Combinations of Mars / Aries energy ---> Mars / Aries energy can be seen in a number of different patterns or placements in a person's Natal Chart. All the following combinations give the Mars / Aries energy of spunky independence and self-assertive ambition to anyone who owns them, but some are not obvious to the non-astrologer.
Still More about Mars in Astrology
* Mars Retrograde -- Doing Work Over Again ---> Red is a Mars color. ---> Mars Retrograde ---> Mars goes retrograde roughly once every two years and stays that way for about two and a half months each time. Mars retrograde marks a time when all the things ruled by or involved with what Mars represents in Astrology are up for review, revision -- and usually some major course correction.
From the Blogs and Ezines
From EDA: Mars -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology April 2, 2021 Mars ---> Each planet in your horoscope represents a particular cluster of energy, a set of interests & potentials with an agenda to fulfill. It contains a set of attitudes & traits it will use to naturally express itself. And it is focused by its placement in your horoscope into a specific area of life. It becomes part of your inner design from the time you arrive. It fits very nicely into the concept of an Inner Self. There are ten of them. Mars represents your Inner Self of Action.
From EDA: Mars Retrograde -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology October 29, 2020 Mars Rx ---> It's not news. Mars is Retrograde until November 13. It's been in its own shadow since July 25, and will not emerge until January 2. Maybe that bodes well (a little bit) for 2021 being a better year than 2020. It would almost have to be, but we've learned these are times with no guarantees. Mars retrogrades about every 2 years -- well, every 26 months actually. It stays retrograde for about 2 -- 2 1/2 months ... between 60 and 80 days. It will cover somewhere between 10 and 20 degrees in his backward trek. Only Venus ....
From BEE: Mars in Astrology -- From the Blogs, Ezines & Elsewhere -- Selection 1 ---> Mars in Astrology. Entries from Everyday Astrology Selection 1 ---> Everyday Astrology December 24, 2020 Mars ---> There's something so unfettered, pure & honest about Mars energy. It is passionate, direct, candid & unapologetic about its desires & motives ... and usually its methods. Yes, those can be corrupted, but that's almost always due to the characteristics of the sign involved (like Scorpio) rather than by pristine Mars energy itself. Still nothing exists in a vacuum & Mars energy always is what it is.
Learn more about Mars in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
Mars in Astrology -- Articles Index