Red is a Mars color.
What this means in general
Briefly, retrograde energy shows a time of reworking, refocusing, redoing, rebuilding, reconsidering -- going back again into the structures of one's life and creating something new, or at least something different -- according to what the planet itself symbolizes. So hold onto the thought that retrograde periods are about revising things that already exist -- and let's talk about Mars.
Mars represents physical action. It deals with actual work, ambition, initiative, assertion, and in its less attractive expressions, aggression, brute force, and violence. It represents your ability to take action and to set things in motion, to move forward to achieve your desired results. Mars also represents desire and sexual energy, the kind of love you express and the ways you seek love for yourself.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mars in Astrology
* My Notes About Mars ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope --->
* After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years.
* The Drumbeat of Mars -- Marching to His Own Militant Music ---> Fire energy ---> The glyph for Mars in Astrology is the well-known symbol for male in biology. Even in this stylized representation, it is phallic, sexual and blatant in what it depicts ... and anyone who has ever seen one of the real thing it signifies recognizes it at once.
* Mars: Ruler of Aries -- Symbol of Your Active, Assertive, Energetic Self ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color! ---> Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion. ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions ....
* The Mars / Aries Person -- Aries Signatures in a Horoscope ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color. ---> Combinations of Mars / Aries energy --Mars / Aries energy can be seen in a number of different patterns or placements in a person's Natal Chart. All the following combinations give the Mars / Aries energy of spunky independence and self-assertive ambition to anyone who owns them ....
From the Blogs and Ezines
From EDA: Mars ---> Red is a Mars color!! ---> Everyday Astrology February 6, 2020 Mars ---> In Roman mythology, Mars was the God of War, ranked second only to Jupiter, the King of the Gods. To follow the symbolism, once you have enough individual power to assert yourself and affect your surroundings, and enough abundance to feed and support yourself, and the assurance that you deserve to be here, you can turn your attention to other matters.
* Retrograde Motion -- What's this all about? ---> Reversing course ---> All the planets astrologers use to decode the spiritual language of the cosmos exhibit a phenomenon known as retrograde motion. Very simply, there are times from Earth's perspective when each of the planets seems to back up in its orbit, to actually reverse course for a time, before eventually going forward again. This is caused by the differing orbits and the differing speeds of the elements involved.
* This Thing Called Retrograde Motion -- What it means in plain English ---> Turning inward ---> What is this thing called retrograde motion? Wherever it's found, in the sky or in a horoscope, retrograde energy means the matters represented by the retrograde planet become more subjective as people re-think, re-consider, re-evaluate and re-build. They process experience and information inwardly.
* Working with the Metaphors of Retrograde Energy ---> Slowing down ... or appearing to ---> When a planet goes into retrograde -- or comes out again, it doesn't just stop on a dime and start racing at its usual speed in the opposite direction. It seems (from the vantage point of Earth) to slow down gradually as it approaches the point of reversal -- the way you slow down in the car before coming to a stop -- or making a turn ... and certainly before making a U-Turn.
Mars in Astrology -- Articles Index