Red is a Mars / Aries color!
Mars shows passion, initiative and self-assertion.
Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action, show independence and self-assertion, pursue goals and ambitions, use physical and sexual energy, and exert his force and willpower in situations of competition and conflict.
- Your ability to exert physical energy
- Your capacity to be direct and independent
- Your willingness to "take action" ... and your personal style for doing so
When it is comfortable and expressing positively, Mars energy is adventurous, ambitious and enthusiastic.
When it is uncomfortable and stressed, Mars energy is impatient, angry and irritable,
The glyph for Mars is:
The glyph for Aries is:
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mars in Astrology
* What Does Mars Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> Red is Mars' color!! ---> The symbol of force and power ---> Mars, fiery red, the favorite prop of science fiction legend, named for the intense, passionate mythological god of war, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's capacity to take action ...
* My Notes About Mars ---> Mars, the fifth element in your horoscope --->
* After Venus, Mars is the next closest planet to Earth. It is located between Earth and Jupiter. It is the fourth planet from the Sun. * Mars takes about 2 years to circle through the Zodiac. It stays in each sign about 6 weeks, but it retrogrades once every two years.
* The Drumbeat of Mars -- Marching to His Own Militant Music ---> Fire energy ---> The glyph for Mars in Astrology is the well-known symbol for male in biology. Even in this stylized representation, it is phallic, sexual and blatant in what it depicts ... and anyone who has ever seen one of the real thing it signifies recognizes it at once.
Still More about Mars in Astrology
* Mars Retrograde -- Doing Work Over Again ---> Red is a Mars color. ---> Mars -- retrograde in Aquarius ---> Mars has turned retrograde in Aquarius. This happened on June 26 and its effects will be showing up soon. I see them at work already in my life. (And if you know what to look for, you'll see them in yours.) Mars is retrograde until August 27 ... but its retrograde effects will linger until around mid-October. This means something special about how you'll work with and experience life during this time.
* The Mars / Aries Person -- Aries Signatures in a Horoscope ---> Red is a Mars / Aries color. ---> Combinations of Mars / Aries energy --Mars / Aries energy can be seen in a number of different patterns or placements in a person's Natal Chart. All the following combinations give the Mars / Aries energy of spunky independence and self-assertive ambition to anyone who owns them ....
From the Blogs, Ezines & Elsewhere
From EDA: Mars ---> Red is a Mars color!! ---> Everyday Astrology February 6, 2020 Mars ---> In Roman mythology, Mars was the God of War, ranked second only to Jupiter, the King of the Gods. To follow the symbolism, once you have enough individual power to assert yourself and affect your surroundings, and enough abundance to feed and support yourself, and the assurance that you deserve to be here, you can turn your attention to other matters.
Aries: the 1st Sign of the Zodiac -- The first step on the spiral ---> Aries -- the start of the spiral ---> Aries is the first sign of the Zodiac. It follows Pisces in the Zodiacal line-up. As a rule, the range of Aries covers the time from March 20th until April 20th. ---> It is a time of year that emphasizes initiative and new beginnings. In Astrology, it is associated with courage, enterprise, self-assertion, confidence, and getting things started.
* Aries is the Cardinal Fire Sign -- Dynamic Initiative ---> Aries' symbol is the ram. ---> Dynamic Initiative ---> Aries is the Cardinal Fire sign. His personality emphasizes leadership, personal charisma, individual vision, and having a strong sense of who he is and what he can do. Remember ... Fire sign people want to be admired, followed, appreciated, noticed, and deferred to. His likes to do things, stir up energy, get things started, seize the initiative, push inert circumstances into forward motion ....
* Celebrating Aries -- The 5 most distinctive / admirable traits of the sign ---> Perspective ---> Their remarkable drive and enterprise. Aries citizens are always doing something. Sometimes it takes physical movement. Sometimes their projects and plans take place mostly in their minds. Either way they are "in motion" somewhere. To Aries life is a place to have impact, a thing to manage ... and they revel at the prospect.
More about Aries
* The Elemental Qualities of Aries -- The Cardinal Fire Sign in Astrology ---> Aries is a Fire Sign ---> The Fire Signs of the Zodiac are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius. There is one Fire Sign for each of the Qualities -- Cardinal, Fixed, and Mutable. Aries is Cardinal Fire. Leo is Fixed Fire, and Sagittarius is Mutable Fire. Together, these three elements form the components in the pattern of the Grand Fire Trine.
* Why is Aries Important? ---> Aries' symbol is the ram. ---> We all have Aries in our character ---> Each of us have Aries energy expressing somewhere in our lives. True, if you don't have a planet in Aries or a major placement, like the Ascendant, in Aries, your Aries energy is indirect, possibly confined only to the affairs of the house that has Aries on the cusp. Even if you have the Aries / Libra axis intercepted in your chart, you still have Aries energy in your character ....
* Born with the Sun in Aries -- The Aries Character ---> Aries is the Spring Fire Sign ---> Direct and to the point ---> Passion is never a problem for Aries. Nor is self-assertion. Nor is being downright pushy and tromping on toes if that gets a job done. Aries is long on initiative and ambition, notoriously short on tact -- and few will apologize for that. Whoever first said, "Lead, follow or get out of the way," was an Aries through and through. (Only what he meant was "I'm gonna lead. The rest of you follow. And God help whoever doesn't get out of the way.")
Mars in Astrology -- Articles Index