In today's world ...
Life is rarely simple. In fact, when it is, we notice the change ... and it's usually welcome. Well, as they say, "As above, so below," -- and it works the other way, too. When Life has lots of stuff happening -- whether it's fun and especially if it's not, the recent patterns in the sky will tell the story of what's going on ... and why.
Today's world is like that. There are a number of interesting things in "the stars" -- some of which speak of significant changes, some are the ongoing tale of why things are as they are ... and the messages those situations contain. One thing Astrology has helped me observe and respect is the basic unity of life. The separate pieces are part of one magnificent whole, and they all respond to each other.
It's part of the journey
"The Stars" don't cause what happens. They reflect what exists ... what's happening now and what's going to happen. They show the energies that are forming far enough in advance to serve as a forecast. That's certainly more useful than if they showed up after the fact. Don't you agree?
Astrology has a place in the conduct of a conscious life. At least it does for me.
So, let's talk about what's happening now -- and what's setting up for tomorrow ... and one step at a time we'll fill in the blanks. That's one of the beauties of internet -- you don't have to write everything at once like you do in a book. In fact, it's better if we break it down in small bites. Today's Cosmic Smorgasbord has a lot to offer -- and a lot to digest.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mercury in Astrology
Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
* Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> * Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun.
* Mercury in General -- Your Inner Selves of Learning and Work ---> Learning stuff, using your mind and putting it to work -- Like Venus, your Mercury energy describes two inner selves. One manages your mind and all its talents; the other is in charge of the work you do ... the ways you use your skills and abilities to help others and build the kind of life your want for yourself.
* What Does Mercury Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. -- Your mind -- at work and play -- In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information.
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect, the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind.
When Mercury Leads the Sun -- Mercury passes and moves out -- in front of the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Racing ahead, out in front like he ought to ---> When Mercury leads the Sun, your intellectual shift moves gradually out of the pensive, reflective, "planning mode" you've occupied for the past several weeks, and you're ready to talk, write, and share ideas openly and freely again with "strangers."
* Mercury and the Miracle of the Mind -- Astrology's Search for Intelligent Life ---> As an Astrologer I see both the mundaneness of common knowledge -- handling the basic facts of awareness and everyday rituals -- and a touch of miracles in Mercury.
Mercury -- Physics, Metaphysics and Myth -- Part 1 ---> Physics ---> Mercury is the closest planet in our Solar System to the Sun. It is about twice the size of Pluto, but for now, it's the smallest official planet since scientists decided to mess around and demote Pluto down to "dwarf planet" status ... for a while. We'll what the future brings.
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind -- When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets.
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde Articles Index