Gemini is the sign of the twins
Mercury Retrograde in Gemini
Mercury retrograde in Gemini, one of the signs it rules, brings Life's experiences and your attention to the very center of your intellectual life. You get to tidy up and correct the loose ends, misconceptions and obsolete notions that are ready for a positive, productive change. It makes you more efficient -- and smarter (!!) -- in the future.
Granted the object lessons Mercury Retrograde drops in the path for you to stumble over can be infuriatingly vague, like puzzling practical jokes designed to "make a point" -- played on you by someone who'd be easier to understand (and a lot more courteous!!) if he'd just speak his mind and get it over with.
But Life is what it is ... and not always what we'd like it to be!! And while Mercury retrogrades in Gemini, Life will prove that for our amusement -- and education -- one more time.
Mercury in Gemini invites you to think better by handing you a lot of seemingly unrelated facts and trivia -- and then shows you a dozen different ways to knit it together in creative new concepts that shine with brilliance and originality. So the potholes you stumble over now really need to be noted and filled in -- so they don't cause you worse trouble down the line.
There's more to this article for our Premium Members.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mercury Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde -- A Personal Perspective
The Positive Side of Mercury Retrograde
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind ---> When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets. It describes your ability to read, write, study, talk, absorb information and learn new things. It describes your communication skills, your use of knowledge, your individual perspective. It also depicts your ability to be mobile, to move around -- physically and intellectually.
* Mercury Retrograde -- A New Look at an Old Aggravation ---> People know what it means ---> A surprising number of people know the term Mercury Retrograde. More surprising, since many people aren't really "into" astrology, they have a pretty good idea what it means. They know it means screwed up communications, frustrating delays, "things going wrong," misunderstandings, misplaced items, lost documents, and inconvenient mix-ups. It's a good excuse for "things not working," so they grab that and run with it to "explain" why life is a mess.
* Quick Notes on Mercury Retrograde ---> You might want to start here: Mercury Retrograde in Shadow-Mode ---> Time to reconsider ---> When Mercury turns retrograde, which it does about three times a year, it moves from the degree of the Zodiac where it stops before turning around (Astrologers call this piece of business "taking a station.") ... then it moves about 14 -15 degrees backwards to a previous point. There it takes another station ... and then finally, starts moving forward again -- having tended (we hope) to the business it forgot ... or misunderstood.
More about Mercury Retrograde
* Don't Govern with Bad Intelligence -- Knowing what Mercury Retrograde Means -- And What It Means to You!! ---> One thing's for sure ... things will change ---> When Mercury is retrograde, it's hard to make reliable decisions. You may not have all the facts you need. The facts you do have may change ... or your understanding of them may change. New information may arrive that puts a different light on your life, your plans, and your world itself. You gain a new perspective -- or a new opinion -- on something that makes you rethink everything start to finish. When Mercury is retrograde, remember this: What you think -- and pretty much all your immediate plans -- will change soon. Until you have a more ...
* Mercury Retrograde and Shadow-Mode ---> The real life truth of Mercury Retrograde ---> When Mercury turns retrograde (in any sign), look at the degrees of the Zodiac it will cover in its backward retreat. Mercury's "official" retrograde period lasts about three weeks if you go by the regular calendar, but objectively -- in real life -- Mercury's retrograde cycle takes a lot longer. It starts with what's called a "shadow phase." This begins when Mercury, while still going direct, first crosses the degree of the Zodiac to which it will return when retrograde. This takes a little bit of awareness and extra ....
* Turn Mercury Retrograde into an Inner Experience ---> Go inward ---> Mercury rules all functions of the mind and all forms of transportation and physical mobility. When Mercury turns retrograde -- as is legendary in everyday experience -- the chance that something will go wrong in these areas increases to the point it almost seems like a given. Things get lost. Things go missing. Things break down. Delays and misunderstandings abound. But Mercury retrograde is also a time when you can learn to use your mind (and your travel modes) differently. Try reducing the times you communicate and the things you communicate ....
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: Mercury Retrograde -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology June 1, 2021 Mercury Retrograde ---> Three or four times a year, Mercury ... the planet closest to the Sun -- associated in Astrology with travel, speech, communications & language skills, & with technology, transportation & equipment in the material world -- "turns retrograde." Previously, outside the fields of astronomy & astrology, this term was barely known & never heard. With recent interest in New Age doings, that has changed. A surprising number of ordinary people (grin) know the term Mercury Retrograde ... & even more impressive, they have ....
BEE: Mercury Retrograde -- From the Blogs, Ezines & Elsewhere -- Selection 1 ---> Mercury Retrograde Entries from Everyday Astrology Selection 1 ---> Mercury has turned retrograde in Leo. It will travel back into Cancer on July 18, turn direct again on July 31 and return to Leo (direct) on August 11, It will affect the areas of life covered by 24° Cancer to 4° in your Natal Chart, Where are those? Mercury "goes retrograde" about three times a year and remains so for three and a half weeks. It retrogrades more often than any other planet, but stays that way for ....
BEE: Mercury Retrograde -- From the Blogs, Ezines & Elsewhere -- Selection 2 ---> Mercury Retrograde Entries from Everyday Astrology Selection 2 ---> Mercury Retrograde has a reputation. Even people who aren't into Astrology know the term. And while it's around, they become "believers." Probably because it's useful. It explains, excuses, rationalizes why things go wrong. They can shift responsibility for why the car broke down, why they missed the appointment, why the email went wandering. "It's not my fault!! Mercury is retrograde!! Well, ok. I guess some knowledge ...
More about Mercury
From the Blogs, Ezines
When Mercury Leads the Sun -- Mercury passes and moves out -- in front of the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Racing ahead, out in front like he ought to ---> When Mercury leads the Sun, your intellectual shift moves gradually out of the pensive, reflective, "planning mode" you've occupied for the past several weeks, and you're ready to talk, write, and share ideas openly and freely again with "strangers."
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Quiet time ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind. With Mercury in a trailing position, you will be more observant and less talkative, more intuitive ...
Mercury in Gemini &
Mercury Retrograde in Gemini
* Mercury in Gemini -- The mind of the writer, the humorist, -- the Jack of all trades ---> Mercury symbolizes ---> In Astrology, Mercury symbolizes the conscious mind, personal intellect, mental capacities and communications skills. The Inner Self represented by Mercury contains the personality components that deal with learning, data gathering and information exchange. Mercury energy works with the handling and applications of knowledge, critical judgment, and logic, discrimination, and analysis.
From EDA: Mercury in Gemini -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Gemini -- the sign of the twins ---> Sooo ... Mercury in Gemini. The wandering magician, the roaming reporter, the neighborhood gossip has come home again. Back for a quick snack, a hot shower, maybe an even quicker nap before he straps his shoes back on & is off again. He never stays long, but this year he'll do his retrograde number before he crosses the border into Cancer -- so we get some extra weeks of Mercury in Gemini unplugged!! Mercury in Gemini is everything you'd expect from ....
From EDA: Mercury Retrograde in Gemini -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Yellow is a Mercury color / Yellow is a Gemini color ---> Mercury Retrograde is notoriously unpredictable, capricious & upsetting. Mercury in Gemini is changeable, shifting, fluctuating, even two-faced. Put them together & you've got quite a handful. (And if you have a Natal Mercury Retrograde in Gemini ... Yikes!) This transit promises lots of endings & beginnings & major turning points in our understanding of "reality," & in our personal dramas.
Learn more about Mercury in Astrology
These are the index pages to our articles
on this topic.
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde Through the Houses