Yellow is a Mercury color!!
* Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
* Mercury also reveals the way you work with knowledge and data, the kind of information that catches your interest -- and how you're apt to interpret and apply what you learn and know.
* It's the intellectual lens through which you view everything that defines and comprises "reality" for you.
* Mercury goes into retrograde motion about three times a year (occasionally four) and stays that way for about three weeks each time. However, there is a shadow phase both before and after the actual retrograde period which makes up the complete retrograde cycle.
* This can add several additional weeks fore and aft to both the "behavior" of Mercury retrograde -- the things it conjures up in experience -- and the considerations we have to give it -- in our thoughts and behavior and the lessons we learn from each cycle.
* Your Mercury energy ... and how it is described by sign and house position in your horoscope ... gives information about how you think, how you share and communicate, the topics that are naturally interesting to you, the lens through which your Intellectual Self receives information about reality, makes sense of it and figures out "what it all means."
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mercury in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mercury in Astrology ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury occupies the innermost orbit of any other planet in our Solar System. Relative to Earth it is located on the other side of Venus. Mercury is the planet closest to the Sun. * Mercury moves completely through the Zodiac in about a year, but his progression through the signs is very irregular. He goes into retrograde three to four times a year. When he's traveling direct, he stays in a sign about two weeks.
Mercury -- Physics, Metaphysics and Myth -- Part 1 ---> Physics ---> Mercury is the closest planet in our Solar System to the Sun. It is about twice the size of Pluto, but for now, it's the smallest official planet since scientists decided to mess around and demote Pluto down to "dwarf planet" status ... for a while. We'll see what the future brings. Mercury is also classified as a "terrestrial planet," meaning it's made of solid rock and dust, etc. In structure, it is the most similar planet to Earth.
Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> * Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun. * Mercury rules two Zodiac signs -- Gemini and Virgo.
Air Planet / Earth Sign -- Earth Planet / Earth Sign -- The Mercury in Taurus Conundrum ---> Mercury in Taurus is in one way an air planet in an earth sign ... and in another way an earth planet in an earth sign. One way works a little better than the other. Mercury as an air planet -- ruler of Gemini -- is a bit too cerebral and abstract in its approach to reality to suit the tastes of ultra-pragmatic Taurus.
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde Articles Index