Mercury ... and duality
* Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun.
* Mercury rules two Zodiac signs -- Gemini and Virgo. These are two extremely cerebral signs, both involved in helping you learn, understand and make sense of what's going on in the world around you. Gemini is basically involved with communication and learning; Virgo with the practical applications of knowledge to do work and build an efficient lifestyle.
* Mercury is also associated with the 3rd and 6th Houses in the Natural Horoscope, the one that starts with 0° Aries at the Ascendant. These houses are the areas of life involved with mobility and the use of your conscious mind to navigate life (3rd) and with contributing your energy and talents in ways that make life healthier and easier -- for everyone you "work for" ... regardless of whether or not you do it for money (6th.)
Mercury ... the symbol of the mind
* Mercury in Astrology is the symbol for your intellectual life and your conscious awareness. It deals with messages gained through your five physical senses and with things you learn through reading, study and conversations with others. It is designed to help you share what you know -- often in exchange for learning what someone else thinks or knows on the same subjects.
* Mercury, as the lens of perception through which you receive information, plays a fundamental role in the way you interpret your experiences and thus in shaping how the world works for you. It has a lot to say about the role of attitude and perception. The way you think is a fundamental piece of who you are as a person.
* Mercury's sign shows the basic attitudes that shape your ideas and opinions. Mercury's house shows where you are intellectually invested and where you will spend a lot of time thinking about and interacting with those particular life concerns and the various people your find there.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mercury in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
Mercury -- Physics, Metaphysics and Myth -- Part 1 ---> Physics ---> Mercury is the closest planet in our Solar System to the Sun. It is about twice the size of Pluto, but for now, it's the smallest official planet since scientists decided to mess around and demote Pluto down to "dwarf planet" status ... for a while. We'll see what the future brings. Mercury is also classified as a "terrestrial planet," meaning it's made of solid rock and dust, etc. In structure, it is the most similar planet to Earth.
Mercury in General -- What Mercury in Astrology Means -- Your Inner Selves of Learning and Work ---> Learning stuff, using your mind and putting it to work ---> Like Venus, your Mercury energy describes two inner selves. One manages your mind and all its talents; the other is in charge of the work you do ... the ways you use your skills and abilities to help others and build the kind of life your want for yourself.
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde -- Articles Index