Mercury rules all functions of the mind and all forms of transportation and physical mobility. When Mercury turns retrograde -- as is legendary in everyday experience -- the chance that something will go wrong in these areas increases to the point it almost seems like a given. Things get lost. Things go missing. Things break down. Delays and misunderstandings abound.
But Mercury retrograde is also a time when you can learn to use your mind (and your travel modes) differently. Try reducing the times you communicate and the things you communicate about. Lay off the texting, the phone calls, the emails and social media chatting and commenting.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Mercury Retrograde -- Here's what you need to know ---> Mercury Retrograde is an optical illusion ---> * Mercury Retrograde is an optical illusion caused by our perspective from Earth, the fact that both Mercury and Earth are in motion orbiting the Sun, and the fact that Mercury moves faster. Mercury is not really reversing course but it appears to be. That's really all you need to know.
Mercury Retrograde -- A Personal Perspective -- Rethinking Life's Regular Reversals ---> Changes in latitude ... ---> Over the years -- somewhere without my realizing it -- my attitude toward Mercury retrograde has changed. Dramatically.
The Positive Side of Mercury Retrograde -- The Bright Side of a Pesky Problem ---> Every cloud has a silver lining ---> While the time of Mercury Retrograde can, indeed, seem like a pothole in the pathway of progress ... because of the confusion and "mis-communication" for which it is famous. It also has its constructive uses ... which, admittedly do take some effort to access.
* Quick Notes on Mercury Retrograde ---> You might want to start here: Mercury Retrograde in Shadow-Mode ---> Time to reconsider ---> When Mercury turns retrograde, which it does about three times a year, it moves from the degree of the Zodiac where it stops before turning around (Astrologers call this piece of business "taking a station.") ....
Mercury in Astrology
* My Notes About Mercury -- A comprehensive list -- of random things about Mercury -- in no particular order ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Metaphor for the mind ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect. It describes the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions, and the way he acquires ... and applies ... the knowledge and information he uses to manage his life.
* Don't Govern with Bad Intelligence -- Knowing what Mercury Retrograde Means -- And What It Means to You!! ---> One thing's for sure ... things will change ---> When Mercury is retrograde, it's hard to make reliable decisions. You may not have all the facts you need. The facts you do have may change ...
* Mercury Retrograde and Shadow-Mode ---> The real life truth of Mercury Retrograde ---> When Mercury turns retrograde (in any sign), look at the degrees of the Zodiac it will cover in its backward retreat. Mercury's "official" retrograde period lasts about three weeks if you go by the regular calendar, but objectively ....
Other Planets in Retrograde
Venus Retrograde -- Realigning Your Values and Assets ---> Reassessing things of value ... -- Venus represents your important relationships, your important values, and the way you handle the things you value, especially material resources like money and possessions you need to support yourself.
Jupiter Retrograde -- Expanding Your Latest Creation ---> Jupiter's interests -- Jupiter represents your philosophical beliefs and ethical principles. It describes your ability to share authoritative knowledge ... the wisdom you've gained both through academic study and through the simple experience of living.
Saturn Retrograde -- Rebuilding Your Personal Foundations ---> Delays ... get worse -- Saturn is notorious for signifying delays, and because under stress it also symbolizes limitation, restriction, and loss, many followers of astrology consider it their least favorite planet.
Learn more about Mercury in Astrology
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde -- Articles Index