Red is an Aries color!!
Mercury represents your rational mind; your intellectual self; your interests and mental abilities, your study and language skills, your capacity to work with ideas and information, and the way you approach and apply knowledge.
When Mercury is in Aries, ideas are assertive, and enthusiastic. Thinking shows independence, initiative, and pioneering spirit. All by itself, this energy is decidedly adventurous, and encourages bold, candid opinions. Compared to the creative dreaminess of Pisces -- which we just finished -- and the laid-back planning of Taurus -- which happens next, this time of vigor and liveliness will be noticeable.
The main strength of Mercury in Aries: People speak their mind, without reservation. You know exactly what they think.
The main drawback of Mercury in Aries: People speak their mind, without reservation. You know exactly what they think. (This is not always a good thing!!)
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
* Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> * Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun.
* Mercury in General -- Your Inner Selves of Learning and Work ---> Learning stuff, using your mind and putting it to work -- Like Venus, your Mercury energy describes two inner selves. One manages your mind and all its talents; the other is in charge of the work you do ... the ways you use your skills and abilities to help others and build the kind of life your want for yourself.
* What Does Mercury Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. -- Your mind -- at work and play -- In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information.
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect, the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind.
When Mercury Leads the Sun -- Mercury passes and moves out -- in front of the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Racing ahead, out in front like he ought to ---> When Mercury leads the Sun, your intellectual shift moves gradually out of the pensive, reflective, "planning mode" you've occupied for the past several weeks, and you're ready to talk, write, and share ideas openly and freely again with "strangers."
* Mercury and the Miracle of the Mind -- Astrology's Search for Intelligent Life ---> As an Astrologer I see both the mundaneness of common knowledge -- handling the basic facts of awareness and everyday rituals -- and a touch of miracles in Mercury.
Mercury -- Physics, Metaphysics and Myth -- Part 1 ---> Physics ---> Mercury is the closest planet in our Solar System to the Sun. It is about twice the size of Pluto, but for now, it's the smallest official planet since scientists decided to mess around and demote Pluto down to "dwarf planet" status ... for a while. We'll what the future brings.
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind -- When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets.