The wanderer has come home
When Mercury is in Gemini, the mental energy is some of the purest, most uncorrupted you'll ever find. Ideas focus on activities and projects dealing with communication -- reading, writing, lecturing, speaking, broadcasting, conversing, study, and data-gathering.
Thinking is innovative, inventive, and clever ... arguably brilliant. There is focus on logic, analysis, reason, imagination, ingenuity, and perception. Skill in combining facts, acquiring knowledge, and using information is important. There is a climate of mental restlessness, and a tendency to move quickly from one subject to another ... to avoid boredom.
Under stress when Mercury is in Gemini, communication and thinking turn scattered, petty, opinionated, and ineffective. People become argumentative, confused, and deceptive. They can also be excitable, unfocused and dishonest. There are more flawed communications, misunderstandings, ... and times of "talking a lot but saying nothing."
You might also enjoy
* What Does Mercury Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. -- Your mind -- at work and play -- In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information.
* Mercury in General -- Your Inner Selves of Learning and Work ---> Learning stuff, using your mind and putting it to work -- Like Venus, your Mercury energy describes two inner selves. One manages your mind and all its talents; the other is in charge of the work you do ... the ways you use your skills and abilities to help others and build the kind of life your want for yourself.
* Mercury and the Miracle of the Mind -- Astrology's Search for Intelligent Life ---> As an Astrologer I see both the mundaneness of common knowledge -- handling the basic facts of awareness and everyday rituals -- and a touch of miracles in Mercury.
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind -- When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets.
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect, the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions
* Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> About Mercury ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind.
* Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> * Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun.
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect, the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions, and the way he acquires ...