The wanderer has come home
When Mercury is in Gemini, the mental energy is some of the purest, most uncorrupted you'll ever find. Ideas focus on activities and projects dealing with communication -- reading, writing, lecturing, speaking, broadcasting, conversing, study, and data-gathering.
Thinking is innovative, inventive, and clever ... arguably brilliant. There is focus on logic, analysis, reason, imagination, ingenuity, and perception. Skill in combining facts, acquiring knowledge, and using information is important. There is a climate of mental restlessness, and a tendency to move quickly from one subject to another ... to avoid boredom.
Under stress when Mercury is in Gemini, communication and thinking turn scattered, petty, opinionated, and ineffective. People become argumentative, confused, and deceptive. They can also be excitable, unfocused and dishonest. There are more flawed communications, misunderstandings, ... and times of "talking a lot but saying nothing."
Horoscopes for the Season of Gemini
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Mercury in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Mercury in Astrology
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills, the intellectual components of his personality, the inner self that deals with physical movement, informational exchange, discrimination, learning and analysis.
* Mercury in Gemini -- The mind of the writer, the humorist, -- the Jack of all trades ---> Mercury symbolizes ---> In Astrology, Mercury symbolizes the conscious mind, personal intellect, mental capacities and communications skills. The Inner Self represented by Mercury contains the personality components that deal with learning, data gathering and information exchange. Mercury energy works with the handling and applications of knowledge, critical judgment, and logic, discrimination, and analysis.
More about Mercury
* Mercury: Symbol of Your Intellectual Self ---> Yellow is a Mercury color ---> Your mind, intellectual energy & assets ---> Mercury in Astrology is the symbol for your conscious mind with its amazing array of accessories and gifts. That's the short answer to the question, "What does Mercury represent?" ... because the Sun, Moon & all the known planets have distinct meanings in Astrology. But like most quick short answers, this one is incomplete. Mercury doesn't just symbolize your mind ....
My Notes About Mercury * -- A comprehensive list -- of random things about Mercury -- in no particular order ---> Yellow is a Mercury color!! ---> The symbol of your mind ... your intellect ---> * Mercury is Astrology's symbol for your intellect, your conscious mind. It's that wondrous, mysterious part of you that deals in sensory messages -- the experience and meaning you get from the things you see, hear, taste, touch and smell.
A sample of articles
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind ---> When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets.
Mercury Retrograde -- A Personal Perspective -- Rethinking Life's Regular Reversals ---> Changes in latitude ... ---> Over the years -- somewhere without my realizing it -- my attitude toward Mercury retrograde has changed. Dramatically.
Mercury in Astrology
From the Blogs, Ezines
From EDA: Mercury -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology December 9, 2020 Mercury ---> I went looking tonight to see what I'd written on the planet Mercury for this feature. (Never mind why. I just did.) Turns out the answer is "not much," so let's correct that. The Sun and the Moon get plenty of attention, & Mercury is just as important. All the planets are, actually. Each one is significant & deserves his time in the spotlight. I declare tonight, it's Mercury's turn.
From EDA: Mercury Retrograde -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology February 2, 2021 Mercury Retrograde ---> All the planets in a traditional horoscope have a retrograde cycle, an optical illusion from the perspective of Earth when the planet seems to reverse course & for a while, move in the other direction than its usual path. Mercury retrogrades more often than any other planet -- usually three times a year for about three weeks at a time. It happens so often & the effects are so notorious, the phrase is in the common lexicon.
From EDA: Mercury Direct ---> Everyday Astrology November 20, 2019 Mercury Direct in Scorpio ---> When Mercury is retrograde, news arrives that will change your plans and perspectives. You revisit and often revise your intentions ... because the mix of life itself is shifting, and you have to wrap your mind around these different facts and possibilities. It's not over the top to say you understand reality differently. That's the purpose of Mercury retrograde. Kind of a fruit-basket-turnover of how you perceive yourself and your choices.
More Mercury in Astrology
From the Blogs, Ezines
When Mercury Leads the Sun -- Mercury passes and moves out -- in front of the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Racing ahead, out in front like he ought to ---> When Mercury leads the Sun, your intellectual shift moves gradually out of the pensive, reflective, "planning mode" you've occupied for the past several weeks, and you're ready to talk, write, and share ideas openly and freely again with "strangers." This is the stage in the intellectual cycle where you consult with others, gather in new information ....
When Mercury Trails the Sun -- Mercury retrograde moves behind the Sun ---> Yellow is a Mercury color. ---> Quiet time ---> In the next few weeks you'll become more contemplative, spend more time in planning and research, quietly consider what you've learned recently ... and what you want to do next with yourself, your life, your interests, and your mind. With Mercury in a trailing position, you will be more observant and less talkative, more intuitive and less expressive ....
* Mercury ... and the Miracle of the Mind -- Astrology's Search for Intelligent Life ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> Your mind makes you special ---> As an Astrologer I see both the mundaneness of common knowledge -- handling the basic facts of awareness and everyday rituals -- and a touch of miracles in Mercury. In Astrology, this planet named for the winged messenger of the gods represents your conscious human mind, the part of you that makes you a member of the most intelligent species on the planet, the part of you that makes you human -- and sometimes fallible.
Even More Mercury in Astrology
From the Blogs, Ezines
Air Planet / Earth Sign -- Earth Planet / Earth Sign -- The Mercury in Taurus Conundrum ---> Mercury in Taurus is in one way an air planet in an earth sign ... and in another way an earth planet in an earth sign. One way works a little better than the other. Mercury as an air planet -- ruler of Gemini -- is a bit too cerebral and abstract in its approach to reality to suit the tastes of ultra-pragmatic Taurus.
From EDA: Mercury in Gemini -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Gemini -- the sign of the twins ---> Everyday Astrology May 5, 2021 Mercury in Gemini ---> Sooo ... Mercury in Gemini. The wandering magician, the roaming reporter, the neighborhood gossip has come home again. Back for a quick snack, a hot shower, maybe an even quicker nap before he straps his shoes back on & is off again. He never stays long, but this year he'll do his retrograde number before he crosses the border into Cancer -- so we get some extra weeks of Mercury in Gemini unplugged!! Mercury in Gemini is everything you'd expect from ....
Gemini & Virgo
Mercury rules 'em both
* Born with the Sun in Gemini -- The Gemini Character ---> Gemini likes to have back-up ---> Creatures of the mind ---> Gemini is one of the Zodiac's most intellectual signs. Reading, writing, learning, talking, sharing viewpoints and opinions, gathering facts and data, communicating in all the ways you can imagine is what Gemini is all about. Geminis love words ... and jokes, and puns. They love odd pieces of wisdom like trivia, and word games, and "Twenty Questions," and "Jeopardy."
Horoscopes When the Sun is in Gemini
* Born with the Sun in Virgo -- The Virgo Character ---> Virgo's symbol is the young woman ... the virgin. ---> Virgos devote themselves to work. ---> I will try to keep this brief. I know how Virgos like efficiency. Work and service are their passions. They'll find it -- or at least what they define as it -- even if they have to make it up. A Virgo in his heart of hearts wants to be useful. Virgos can be the most selfless, dedicated, indefatigable workers in the world.
Horoscopes When the Sun is in Virgo
Learn more about Mercury in Astrology
Mercury in Astrology -- Articles Index
Mercury Retrograde -- Articles Index