Merging intellect with self-promotion
When Mercury is in Leo, ideas are forceful, dramatic and self-centered. Thinking is backed by determination and purpose. Mercury in Leo brings focused concentration and a bold, enthusiastic style. It invites you to promote your opinions, but you may not care to hear anyone else's.
People now endorse their own views ... and take disagreement personally. They want support for what they believe or "know" ... sometimes at the expense of truth or even logic. Communication styles are persuasive, but with a touch too much passion to also be "popular."
Under stress, attitudes become conceited, arrogant, and dogmatic. Other's ideas are dismissed out of hand, even contemptuously, and there is a danger of tunnel-vision and intellectual pomposity.
You might also enjoy
Basic Stuff About Mercury ---> About Mercury ---> Mercury occupies the innermost orbit of any other planet in our Solar System. Relative to Earth it is located on the other side of Venus. Mercury is the planet closest to the Sun. Mercury moves completely through the Zodiac in about a year, but his progression through the signs is very irregular. He goes into retrograde three to four times a year. When he's traveling direct, he stays in a sign about two weeks. But when his retrograde cycle kicks in, he can be in a sign for over two months.
Mercury in Leo Brings ... -- Conscious living with Mercury in Leo ---> Mercury rules two signs: Gemini and Virgo. Thus it also rules two life areas: communication and work. In Leo, it takes on qualities of pride, dignity and personal charisma. Mercury will be in Leo until July 25. Mercury in Leo brings for everyday consciousness and data handling ...
* Mercury ... and the Miracle of the Mind -- Astrology's Search for Intelligent Life ---> As an Astrologer I see both the mundaneness of common knowledge -- handling the basic facts of awareness and everyday rituals -- and a touch of miracles in Mercury. In Astrology, this planet named for the winged messenger of the gods represents your conscious human mind, the part of you that makes you a member of the most intelligent species on the planet, the part of you that makes you human -- and sometimes fallible.
* Mercury in Your Natal Chart -- Fore, Aft and Center ---> Mercury, named for the Roman god of commerce, communication and messages, has come to symbolize in Astrology, the way a Native employs his mind, wit, charm, and intellect, the way he communicates his thoughts, views, and opinions, and the way he acquires ... and applies ... the knowledge and information he uses to manage his life. Mercury is concerned with learning, logic, rational analysis, and language skills.
* What Does Mercury Represent -- in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> In mythology, Mercury was the winged messenger of the Gods. Your mind -- at work and play ---> In Astrology, Mercury represents your conscious, rational mind. It tells a lot about your intellectual self; your ability to study, learn, analyze, communicate and work with information. Mercury depicts your capacity to form ideas and opinions, the way you deal with facts, and the way you process data. It shows the kinds of things that interest you ... and what you do with what you know.
* Mercury -- Ruler of Gemini -- Ruler of Virgo ---> Yellow is a Mercury color! ---> The metaphor for your mind ---> Mercury, quick, intense, lively and highly mobile -- racing its way around the Sun faster than any of the other known planets, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's mental and communications skills, the intellectual components of his personality, the inner self that deals with physical movement, informational exchange, discrimination, learning and analysis.
* Quick Notes on Mercury -- It gives you the basics -- and saves a lot of time ---> Mercury ... and duality ---> Mercury is the closest known planet to the Sun in our Solar System. It is never more than about 28° away from the Sun, which means it is always very close to the Sun in your horoscope and is often found in the same sign as the Sun. Mercury rules two Zodiac signs -- Gemini and Virgo. These are two extremely cerebral signs, both involved in helping you learn, understand and make sense of what's going on in the world around you.