Reflections of your inner world
* Every month the Moon travels through all twelve Zodiac signs. It completes its circuit every 27.3 days staying in each sign just under 2 1/2 days.
* The Moon rules Cancer, one of the emotional, intuitive Water signs.
* Cancer is the Cardinal Water Sign
* The Moon is associated w/ the interests of the 4th house of the horoscope which rules the life areas of home, family, roots, history, private life and living arrangements.
The houses of the horoscope are a way of dividing the Zodiac into the various essential areas of life.
* The Moon's position in your horoscope, by sign and house shows what you need to feel emotionally supported and secure. It shows how you behave when you feel safe in the company of trusted family and friends. It represents the Inner Self that runs on emotions and feelings.
One of your strongest feminine energies
* The Moon in your horoscope deals with nourishment and parenting. It gives information on how you feed yourself, literally and emotionally and how you deal with your responsibilities for those in your care -- how you "mother" your children and the important people in your life.
* Along with the Sun, the Moon is considered one of the Luminaries, the light-givers. One shines by day, the other by night. The planets in the night sky, while they may appear to twinkle like stars, they don't actually shine or give off their own light. Neither does the Moon, for that matter. It reflects the light of the Sun and only appears to shine a light of its own.
* In the physical body, the Moon rules the breasts, breastbone, stomach, digestive system, lower ribs, womb and pancreas.
* The Moon represents basically feminine energy -- responsive, introverted, receptive yin energy. Even in bold and masculine signs it retains this basic feminine essence. The other strongly feminine elements in your horoscope are Venus and Neptune.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
* You, Your Moon, Your Moon Sign -- in Natal Astrology ---> The Co-star in your horoscope ---> The Moon's Sign and House position give just as much valid information about a person's character as the Sun Sign. In fact, in some people, the Moon information is even more revealing and important. Pop culture relies on Sun Sign astrology though for its material because the Sun is the easiest point to determine in a person's individual constellations ....
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world. If you want to know more ... read on: There are three main components an astrologer considers ...
Related to the Moon
* A Day with No Lunar Aspects -- Not quite one thing ... not quite another ---> First things first ---> To understand this article, you may need a little bit of background. First of all ... do you know about the Void-of-Course Moon? If so, great. Skip down and read on. If not, take a minute or two (honest, that's all you'll need) to read about it. However, you'll do yourself a favor if you really learn about the v/c Moon ... benefits way beyond the limits of this article.
* Born with the Sun in Cancer -- The Cancer Character ---> Cancer's symbol is the crab ---> Citizens of an inner world ---> Cancers are spirits of emotions and moods. Their feelings -- and inconsistencies -- the shifting climates of their inner world form the landscape where they live. Cancers have a mood for every occasion. Feelings count with them more than thoughts, or logic, or even the evidence of reality.
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Moon in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
Serenity by Starlight is
Serenity's Astrology Blog