Reflections of your inner world
* Every month the Moon travels through all twelve Zodiac signs. It completes its circuit every 27.3 days staying in each sign just under 2 1/2 days.
* The Moon rules Cancer, one of the emotional, intuitive Water signs.
* The Moon is associated w/ the interests of the 4th house of the horoscope which rules the life areas of home, family, roots, history, private life and living arrangements.
* The Moon's position in your horoscope, by sign and house shows what you need to feel emotionally supported and secure. It shows how you behave when you feel safe in the company of trusted family and friends. It represents the Inner Self that runs on emotions and feelings.
Working with the wisdom of Astrology ...
You can recognize the subtle knock of real opportunity
and the soft voice of invitations to personal growth
because you know they're coming, where to look for them,
and what they'll look like when they appear.
Join our Premium Membership today!!
One of your strongest feminine energies
* The Moon in your horoscope deals with nourishment and parenting. It gives information on how you feed yourself, literally and emotionally and how you deal with your responsibilities for those in your care -- how you "mother" your children and the important people in your life.
* Along with the Sun, the Moon is considered one of the Luminaries, the light-givers. One shines by day, the other by night. The planets in the night sky, while they may appear to twinkle like stars, they don't actually shine or give off their own light. Neither does the Moon, for that matter. It reflects the light of the Sun and only appears to shine a light of its own.
* In the physical body, the Moon rules the breasts, breastbone, stomach, digestive system, lower ribs, womb and pancreas.
* The Moon represents basically feminine energy -- responsive, introverted, receptive yin energy. Even in bold and masculine signs it retains this basic feminine essence. The other strongly feminine elements in your horoscope are Venus and Neptune.
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Join our Premium
You might also enjoy
* What Does the Moon Represent -- in Your Natal Chart -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The Sun / The Moon ---> What's the difference? ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your essential self -- the outer personality you present to the world and to most people who know you.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky --
In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
* Fractiousness and Fracture Lines: The Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is -- logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally insistent and intense.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers -- The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
Moon Lore ---> In ancient times, Moon phases, Moon cycles, were the readily visible, incontrovertible calendar people depended on to mark the passage of time. The appearance of the Full or New Moon in the company of certain well-known and predictable constellations signaled the arrival of specific important moments in the year.
Moon Magic ---> The Moon has a mystique all its own. It is often associated with secrecy and mystery ... and is associated with strange, uncanny powers. It evokes a peculiar range of responses in cultures everywhere, from curiosity and wonder, to romance and affection, to awe and dread. In legend (and the lore of police and hospital personnel), the Full Moon brings forth weird behaviors, extreme reactions, and over-the-top emotional outbursts associated with no other time on the calendar.
Just What IS the Void-of-Course Moon? -- When life's action slows to a stop ---> What's this all about? -- The Moon circles through all twelve signs of the Zodiac about every 28 days, spending about 2 1/2 days in each sign. As it moves through each sign, the Moon forms angles -- called aspects -- with the Sun and planets. These lunar aspects and the changes they mark describe the ebb and flow of moods and attitudes throughout the day.
What is the Dark of the Moon? -- When the Night's Moon Fades to Black ---> When the night brings no moonlight at all -- The Dark of the Moon refers to that phase in the Moon's monthly cycle when the Sun and Moon are so closely aligned there is no reflected light from the Sun available to shine from the Moon's surface.
Put Dark Moon Magic to Work -- For YOU!! ---> A time to restore and strengthen your spirit -- The Dark of the Moon is considered an especially mysterious, fruitful, and flexible time of "molding" the creative experiences that will come forth in the weeks immediately ahead.
So what IS a Black Moon? ---> Sure most people have heard of a "blue moon" ... as in "once in a blue moon." Not so many can give you even one of the several definitions for that, though. They know it means a long time -- except for those who think it means something that never comes along at all.
* The Dark of the Moon -- A time of magic and creation ---> The Dark of the Moon is considered an especially mysterious, fruitful, and flexible time of "molding" the creative experiences that will come forth in the weeks immediately ahead. -- It is said that wishes made as the last sliver of the Moon's light fades on the left, and affirmed through the Dark of the Moon period until the first sliver of new light appears again on the right, have special support -- special empowerment -- to come true. Affirming them again at the moment of the New Moon itself gives extra push to their nourishment and initiative.
Full Moon Conflicts -- Full Moon Tension through the Signs ---> Full Moon Conflicts -- Aries Sun / Libra Moon = My ambitions, my drive for self-definition, my need to assert myself and my independence vs. my need to take other people into account, my desire for meaningful partnerships, my habitual efforts to compromise, keep the peace, and get along. When stressed, the attitude of the Aries Sun is aggressive, bossy, and self-centered, and that of the Libra Moon is manipulative and pouting.