Independence vs. Teamwork
The Aries Full Moon during the sign of Libra signals a clash between your wish to be part of a couple, involved in teamwork projects, and considered "a good partner" ... and your equally compelling desire to reclaim your independence, exercise your own initiative, and be able to call your own shots again -- without having to consider somebody else all the time.
Once again, contradictory desires are at work in everyone's world ... which is what the Full Moon always describes. This is the mirror image of energy we met when the Full Moon was in Libra and the Sun in Aries, but still the tension is between personal independence and social connection, between the freedom to act totally on your own goals and the need to accommodate others.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Fractiousness and Fracture Lines of the Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally demanding and intense.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions. It speaks to some elements of our Karma and childhood home, our upbringing, family background and specifically our relationship with our mother (or major mother figure from the past.)
* The Celestial Event of the New Moon ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky -- In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be -- The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial phenomenon the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon symbolically highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a respected and necessary part of life, and each somehow problematic for the other.
* Moon in Aries ---> Introduction -- The Moon travels completely around the Zodiac ... through all twelve signs every month -- a trip that lasts about 28.3 days each time. It makes this circle 13 times a year. It stays in each sign about 2 1/2 days. Everyone gets to enjoy a monthly Lunar homecoming as the Moon returns for a few days to the sign it occupied when they were born ... their Natal Moon sign. Astrologers call this a Lunar Return.
* Moon in Libra ---> Pink and blue are Libra colors! -- Introduction -- The Moon travels completely around the Zodiac ... through all twelve signs every month -- a trip that lasts about 28.3 days each time. And it makes this circle 13 times a year. It stays in each sign about 2 1/2 days. Everyone gets to enjoy a monthly Lunar homecoming. Astrologers call this a Lunar Return.
Born with the Sun in Aries -- The Aries Character ---> Aries is the Spring Fire Sign -- Direct and to the point -- Passion is never a problem for Aries. Nor is self-assertion. Nor is being downright pushy and tromping on toes if that gets a job done. Aries is long on initiative and ambition, notoriously short on tact -- and few will apologize for that. Whoever first said, "Lead, follow or get out of the way," was an Aries through and through.
Born with the Sun in Libra -- The Libra Character ---> Libra is about pairs and partnership -- The social sign ... -- Libras don't do well as singles. They feel incomplete without another half in their life -- another person to whom they feel profoundly connected and intimately involved. They need other people, so a well-functioning Libra will also be skilled in all the little social graces and interpersonal courtesies that make relationships work smoothly for everyone.
When the Sun is in Aries ---> Welcome to Spring!! -- When the Sun is in Aries, people are aggressive, direct, and competitive. Attitudes are forceful and energetic. It's time to shake off the meditative moods that prevailed during Pisces, and kick some ... um ... aspirations. With the Sun in Aries, people are candid, blunt, emphatic and concerned with winning. They are assertive and ambitious.
When the Sun is in Libra -- September 22 to October 23 ---> Give peace a chance -- When the Sun is in Libra, people dust off qualities like devotion, compassion, loyalty, and sincerity. They become more considerate, cooperative, and "nice." People try to be pleasant, diplomatic, refined, and concerned with the needs of partners. (Or at least more so than usual.)