Family vs. Career
The Full Moon in Cancer opposing the Sun in Capricorn restates the classic dilemma of home vs. career, professional life vs. private life, public responsibilities vs. family responsibilities that we dealt with six months ago.
Now the shoe is on the other foot, with your ambitions, self-image, and personal focus set out in the area of professional status and community achievement ... and your heart longing to be home, safe in the haven of your private life, with time and attention available for development of your inner world.
Finding the balance ... again
Basically the scales have tipped to the point of excessive focus in your public life ... and so the awareness now emerges that you need to devote more time to your family relationships, home conditions, and private interests.
Once again, you need to find a point of balance between what could be two full time occupations -- an obviously impossible condition to meet. But finding ways to compromise between your public demands and your private loves and reach an acceptable situation for each is your task now as you look for ways to satisfy both without slighting either.
For each sign, this brings a time of development and greater attention to a specific area of your life. Learn more with information specific to you and your Natal Chart with a subscription to our Premium Membership
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Quick Notes on the Full Moon ---> It's complicated ---> Full Moons accompany a time of complex emotions and concerns. There's often a lot going on when a Full Moon arrives ... activities, interests and commitments on the outside, and ambivalence, confusion and a distinct level of concern and distress on the inside. Full Moons are not comfortable in the way that the New Moon time will be. Full Moons are times of pressure and division.
* The Full Moon in Capricorn -- Opposing the Sun in Cancer -- Balancing Your Professional Responsibilities -- and Your Family Obligations ---> Summer's First Full Moon ---> This opposition, which happens once every year soon after the Summer Solstice, highlights the tug-of-war between the responsibilities you have to your private life, family members, and home situation -- and the emotional yearning for fame, acclaim, recognition, and accomplishment in your professional field and career.
* Full Moon Conflicts -- Full Moon Tension through the Signs ---> Full Moon Conflicts ---> Aries Sun / Libra Moon = My ambitions, my drive for self-definition, my need to assert myself and my independence vs. my need to take other people into account, my desire for meaningful partnerships, my habitual efforts to compromise, keep the peace, and get along. When stressed, the attitude of the Aries Sun is aggressive, bossy, and self-centered, and that of the Libra Moon is manipulative and pouting.
* The Fractiousness and Fracture Lines of the Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally demanding and intense.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
* The New Moon in Capricorn -- Capricorn Energy in the Creative Process ---> The last of the Earth Signs -- Ah, Capricorn!! The last and most action oriented of the Earth Signs. Things that are nurtured and earned in Taurus, tended to and perfected in Virgo ... are finally established and solidified in Capricorn.
Cancer Moonlight 2 ---> Introduction -- The Moon travels completely around the Zodiac ... through all twelve signs every month -- a trip that lasts about 28.3 days each time. It makes this circle 13 times a year. It stays in each sign about 2 1/2 days.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon ---> Who you are now vs. who you used to be ---> The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
* Born with the Sun in Cancer -- The Cancer Character ---> Cancer's symbol is the crab ---> Citizens of an inner world ---> Cancers are spirits of emotions and moods. Their feelings -- and inconsistencies -- the shifting climates of their inner world form the landscape where they live. Cancers have a mood for every occasion. Feelings count with them more than thoughts, or logic, or even the evidence of reality.
* Born with the Sun in Capricorn -- The Capricorn Character ---> Reputation is everything! ---> If there's a party animal anywhere in your character, it comes from somewhere other than your Capricorn energy. The Capricorn part of you was born sober, and grown up, and knowing how to behave. That Capricorn part of you wouldn't tie one on or wear a silly paper hat at gunpoint. There's bound to be a camera somewhere in the room ... or a lurking reporter. Or the local gossip.
When the Sun is in Capricorn ---> Doing what it takes to get through -- When the Sun is in Capricorn, people are conservative, deliberate, dignified and determined. In the Northern Hemisphere, it is winter, after all -- and everyone needs to make it from here to Spring. Consequently, actions and attitudes are frugal, methodical, organized and steady. The mood is serious, practical, responsible, and prudent.
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity.
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index