Full Moons bring choices, a different set each month as the Sun moves around the Zodiac's circle. Choices mean embracing one set of options and releasing all the others. They become the road not taken. So while choices show a branch on the journey, they also bring endings. With each one you hope someday you don't look back and wonder, "What if ...?" But you know you might. Every time. You know you might.
There are all kinds of endings -- some welcome; some wrenching. People who hate to make choices know this well. Give it your best shot, based on as much information as you've dug up. But you can never know all the consequences. Decisions are a roll of the dice -- and some return with surprises. When they do, you hope they're good. But some really aren't.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky --
In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
* Fractiousness and Fracture Lines: The Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is -- logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally insistent and intense.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers -- The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
Moon Lore ---> In ancient times, Moon phases, Moon cycles, were the readily visible, incontrovertible calendar people depended on to mark the passage of time. The appearance of the Full or New Moon in the company of certain well-known and predictable constellations signaled the arrival of specific important moments in the year.
Moon Magic ---> The Moon has a mystique all its own. It is often associated with secrecy and mystery ... and is associated with strange, uncanny powers. It evokes a peculiar range of responses in cultures everywhere, from curiosity and wonder, to romance and affection, to awe and dread. In legend (and the lore of police and hospital personnel), the Full Moon brings forth weird behaviors, extreme reactions, and over-the-top emotional outbursts associated with no other time on the calendar.
* Just What IS the Void-of-Course Moon? -- When life's action slows to a stop ---> What's this all about? -- The Moon circles through all twelve signs of the Zodiac about every 28 days, spending about 2 1/2 days in each sign. As it moves through each sign, the Moon forms angles -- called aspects -- with the Sun and planets. These lunar aspects and the changes they mark describe the ebb and flow of moods and attitudes throughout the day.
* What is the Dark of the Moon? -- When the Night's Moon Fades to Black ---> When the night brings no moonlight at all -- The Dark of the Moon refers to that phase in the Moon's monthly cycle when the Sun and Moon are so closely aligned there is no reflected light from the Sun available to shine from the Moon's surface.
* Put Dark Moon Magic to Work -- For YOU!! ---> A time to restore and strengthen your spirit --
The Dark of the Moon is considered an especially mysterious, fruitful, and flexible time of "molding" the creative experiences that will come forth in the weeks immediately ahead.
* So what IS a Black Moon? ---> Sure most people have heard of a "blue moon" ... as in "once in a blue moon." Not so many can give you even one of the several definitions for that, though. They know it means a long time -- except for those who think it means something that never comes along at all.