It's a subtle difference, I admit, but it's there nevertheless. Life's psychological rhythm has a different sequence, depending on whether the New Moon in a particular sign forms first, followed about two weeks later by the Full Moon in the opposite sign ... or whether the Full Moon forms first, followed then by the New Moon lining up with the Sun in its sign.
Knowing where to put your attention and when simply helps you navigate your way through life's currents, eddies and slipstreams more easily. So, this is a situation where "details count" ... and so do the nuances of where Life's energy is trying to lead you -- and the rest of us.
In Astrology, the New Moon forms when the Sun and the Moon are conjunct in the sky. That is, when the Sun and Moon occupy the same degree and minute of arc in the celestial circle of the Zodiac. On the paper chart of a horoscope, this is shown by the alignment of these two cosmic citizens in the same sign and house (and degree and minute of arc).
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
More on the Full Moon
* Full Moon Conflicts -- Full Moon Tension through the Signs ---> Full Moon Conflicts ---> Aries Sun / Libra Moon = My ambitions, my drive for self-definition, my need to assert myself and my independence vs. my need to take other people into account, my desire for meaningful partnerships, my habitual efforts to compromise ....
Quick Notes on the Full Moon ---> It's complicated ---> Full Moons accompany a time of complex emotions and concerns. There's often a lot going on when a Full Moon arrives ... activities, interests and commitments on the outside, and ambivalence, confusion and a distinct level of concern and distress on the inside.
Appreciating the Full Moon ---> It happens every month ---> Like The New Moon, The Full Moon every month has an exact time when it arrives -- the moment The Moon precisely opposes The Sun in the sky. Visually, The Full Moon hangs around for several days -- the day before the event, the day of and the day after, you'll hardly notice the difference.
* Musings on the Full Moon -- Working with our closest celestial neighbor ---> It happens every month ---> The Full Moon is an unmistakable sight, one of the heaven's most awesome shows. There is at least one full moon every month. Every 2 - 3 years we get a second one in a calendar month. In all, we get 12 - 13 a year.
* Black Moon, Dark Moon, New Moon -- Ok, let's get this sorted out ---> Three names, three things ---> You've certainly heard the term New Moon applied to that part of the Moon's cycle when a small sliver of light appears in the western sky at dusk ... and gradually begins filling in over the next two weeks to reach the glorious display of the Full Moon before diminishing down to nothing again.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world ---> In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
Quick Notes on the New Moon -- It gives you the basics and saves lots of time ---> The Solar / Lunar alignment ---> * In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* What Does the Moon Represent -- in Your Natal Chart -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The Sun / The Moon ---> What's the difference? ---> The Sun in your horoscope represents your essential self -- the outer personality you present to the world and to most people who know you.