Your Moon sign
Is it important?
What does a person's Moon Sign tell you, and why is it important? For starters, knowing the Sun Sign / Moon Sign combinations in the people around you can do great things for your relationships ... and who couldn't use help with that?
What if a shortcut could help you recognize "emotional neediness" in your loved ones ... and give some ideas on a fast, dependable way to supply what that person lacked and wanted ... so everyone could rest easier faster ... literally feel safer and more valued in the bosom of the family (where such things are supposed to available. Right?)
Sure, there are people -- parents, mates, partners, colleagues, and friends -- so emotionally starved and desperate themselves they don't give a hoot about other people. They may not be bad folks, but you can't give away what you don't have for yourself already. No one can.
And schools are more interested in teaching algebra and sentence diagramming (now there's a useful skill!!) than they are in teaching people how to take care of themselves, others, and be more effective human beings. There's something wrong with that system, but there may not be much hope for changing it ... for now.
One step at a time
So ... let's consider a more useful change. Educating one person at a time ... who could then apply "viral marketing techniques" to the create more happiness.
Maybe one soul learning to be a better person can change the lives and futures of ten people, each of whom can then change ten more, and on and on. Pretty soon, there's a revolution underway.
It's sure one worth having ... as opposed to that God-awful mess we've going on in the Middle East now. So ... I'll keep talking about Moon signs, and the wisdom of what it can tell you ... and how you can use it to make your life better -- and how then you can work on those ten people around you ... who in turn can spread the joy in an ever-widening circle.
Your Moon sign information speaks directly to your emotional needs and responses. Knowing that is far more valuable a piece of wisdom to have in your pocket than knowing how to diagram a participle phrase.
A window to the inner world
Knowing what there is to know about all the Moon signs is even better. Then you have a window into the emotional climate -- and inner needs -- of virtually anyone you meet.
(Yes, you do have to know birthdays. You do have to look up the information. You may have to "guess" at which sign is on display from what you see with your own eyes if the person was born on a day when the Moon changed signs ... and there are plenty of those, unfortunately. But it's a small price in the long run. I speak with the voice of experience.)
For most of your important people ... partners, children, parents, friends ... you'll already know their birth information. Most other people will tell you if you ask. Especially if they know you're "a nut on the subject."
People are intrigued by information about themselves. Even skeptics about Astrology may indulge your lunacy ... just for the chance to feel smug and superior. For skeptics ... that's a favorite sport. You can each have your little moment of fun. Who cares if you're playing one game ... and the other guy is into something else? Everybody wins. Life goes on.
Coping with stress
Also, it helps to know who among your loved ones and associates has "stressed Moon energy" in his Natal Chart ... and what that means to him emotionally ... and how you can work with it more easily. You might also learn what stresses are happening temporarily to what signs ... and why ... as another coping skill to make relationships better.
If you really don't want to learn enough Astrology to ferret this out on your own, a consultation once in a while with a good Astrologer can tell you want you need to know about your life's important people.
There are probably just a few people you're this interested in anyway. But it's an investment you can use in more practical situations than you may realize ... right now. When people talk about using Astrology on real life issues and in practical, useful ways ... this is what they mean.
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Moon in Astrology
* Moon Magic ---> Secrets and mysteries ---> The Moon has a mystique all its own. It is often associated with secrecy and mystery ... and is associated with strange, uncanny powers. It evokes a peculiar range of responses in cultures everywhere, from curiosity and wonder, to romance and affection, to awe and dread. In legend (and the lore of police and hospital personnel), the Full Moon brings forth weird behaviors, extreme reactions, and over-the-top ....
* The Moon -- Ruler of Cancer ---> One of the most important components in your horoscope ---> The Moon, silvery, mysterious and reflective, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's inner, feeling-based personality. Along with the Sun and the Ascendant (or Rising Sign -- the sign that was literally rising on the eastern horizon at the time of birth, the Moon is one of the three most significant components in a horoscope ....
Sun and Moon
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky....
* You, Your Moon, Your Moon Sign -- in Natal Astrology ---> The Co-star in your horoscope ---> The Moon's Sign and House position give just as much valid information about a person's character as the Sun Sign. In fact, in some people, the Moon information is even more revealing and important. Pop culture relies on Sun Sign astrology though for its material because the Sun is the easiest point to determine in a person's individual constellations ....
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world. If you want to know more ... read on: There are three main components an astrologer considers ...
Related to the Moon
* A Day with No Lunar Aspects -- Not quite one thing ... not quite another ---> First things first ---> To understand this article, you may need a little bit of background. First of all ... do you know about the Void-of-Course Moon? If so, great. Skip down and read on. If not, take a minute or two (honest, that's all you'll need) to read about it. However, you'll do yourself a favor if you really learn about the v/c Moon ... benefits way beyond the limits of this article.
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index