Feelings & Emotions
The Moon's position in the sky and in the Zodiac plots the emotional climate of life for us all. The Moon doesn't cause the emotional shifts and changing tone of the different moods we all experience.
These simply correspond to the Moon's position in the natural rhythms of life, and as such provides a convenient indicator of what's happening, where we are in the monthly cycle of progression through the different signs from Aries to Pisces, and what phase of emotional creativity dominates in the world at any particular time.
Hits all the bases every month
The Moon is the fastest moving of the astrological citizens, changing signs every 2 1/2 days ... and circling completely through the Zodiac itself every month. Its speed and changeability does indeed show why the moods of the world are so volatile and that they are indeed so.
The aspects of the Moon, the angles it makes to The Sun and other planets in the sky in its travels, show the different pieces of support it finds along the way that allow emotions to flow freely or work harmoniously ... and the problems it encounters that cause emotional disruptions, upsets, and blockages.
Often just knowing there is a problem with the Moon's position relative to another powerful citizen in the sky at a certain time can help you plan actions to avoid problems in your own life.
Or it can counsel you to step back for a few hours, not push an issue that's got obstructions and "junk" in the way at the moment, and wait out an emotional hurdle (instead of heaving yourself at it head on) ... until the path you want to travel is clear and progress is easy. (They say "Timing is everything." Maybe this is honestly what that means!!)
It's part of life
Just as you sometimes have to wait for wreckage, debris, or problems caused by flooding, road construction or an avalanche to be cleared away on an actual highway where you're traveling, such moments of patience and prudence when working with the events and shifting tides of life only make good sense.
Driving around the physical roadblocks that were put there for warning and for your physical safety can get you into a lot of trouble in real life. The same is true when dealing with the openings, invitations, potholes and clutter described by the traveling Moon in the aspects it faces during the day. Knowing how to decipher the information it provides in this way can be a godsend.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Moon in Astrology
Moonstruck -- The Symbolism of the Moon ---> The Symbolism of the Moon ---> The Moon, which astronomers know influences the mighty tides of the Earth's oceans and which provides a ever-changing display of celestial beauty in its eternal journey across the sky, is also an extremely important symbol to astrologers.
* The Moon -- Ruler of Cancer ---> One of the most important components in your horoscope ---> The Moon, silvery, mysterious and reflective, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's inner, feeling-based personality. Along with the Sun and the Ascendant (or Rising Sign -- the sign that was literally rising on the eastern horizon at the time of birth, the Moon is one of the three most significant components in a horoscope ....
Sun and Moon
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky....
* You, Your Moon, Your Moon Sign -- in Natal Astrology ---> The Co-star in your horoscope ---> The Moon's Sign and House position give just as much valid information about a person's character as the Sun Sign. In fact, in some people, the Moon information is even more revealing and important. Pop culture relies on Sun Sign astrology though for its material because the Sun is the easiest point to determine in a person's individual constellations ....
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world. If you want to know more ... read on: There are three main components an astrologer considers ...
Related to the Moon
* A Day with No Lunar Aspects -- Not quite one thing ... not quite another ---> First things first ---> To understand this article, you may need a little bit of background. First of all ... do you know about the Void-of-Course Moon? If so, great. Skip down and read on. If not, take a minute or two (honest, that's all you'll need) to read about it. However, you'll do yourself a favor if you really learn about the v/c Moon ... benefits way beyond the limits of this article.
The Moon's Nodes ---> They are theoretical points ---> Unlike the Sun, Moon or other planets in a Natal Horoscope, the Moon's Nodes are not physical entities. They are theoretical, conceptual points in celestial longitude where the Moon crosses over the ecliptic -- the path of the Sun. There are two nodes of the Moon, the North node and the South node.
A Moon-Related Phenomena
* What's the Difference Between -- A Solar and a Lunar Eclipse? -- Different Issues ... Different Requests for Your Attention ---> The physics of it ---> A Solar Eclipse happens when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, blocking the sunlight from view for a short time. ( Earth ---> Moon ---> Sun ) A Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Earth moves between the Moon and the Sun blocking sunlight so that it cannot reflect off the surface of the Moon. (Moon Earth Sun )
* Eclipses -- Special Alignments between -- The Sun, The Moon and The Earth -- for those who like their Astrology straight-up and hard core ---> An eclipse -- why it happens ---> In ancient times, eclipses were viewed with fear and wariness -- since they were imperfectly understood. But even today, when we fully understand the cause of eclipses ... and can predict their appearances years in advance, there's still a definite ambivalence -- even among astrologers -- about this peculiar, visually stunning astronomical phenomenon.
* Eclipses: A Celestial Show in Light and Shadow -- The User-Friendly Version ---> A celestial sensation ---> Eclipses have long been viewed with wariness and caution. They are, for certain, visually impressive events. If you ever have the chance to see one, it's worth the effort. But if you missed the latest one, never fear. There will be others! Eclipses also seem to foretell changes and developments far more momentous than those predicted by an ordinary lunation.
From EDA: Solar Eclipses ---> Everyday Astrology July 4, 2019 Solar Eclipses ---> Astrologers have always respected the symbolic power of eclipses. Even today an aura of apprehension and foreboding may attend one's arrival. But predictions that link eclipses with problems, misfortune and disasters, I think, miss the mark. Eclipses represent significant points of change, partially because the concerns they highlight hang around so long. Its sheer "staying power" points to something that really needs extra attention ....
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Moon in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index