The fastest traveler in the chart
The Moon changes signs about every 2 1/2 days ... so it's impossible in many cases to know your Moon sign without a correct birth time ... and access to some of the materials you need to cast your horoscope. A good astrologer, of course, or a decent computer program can do that for you if you can provide the right information.
Because the Moon circles through all twelve signs in a little under a month, every year during the its travels through each sign, the Sun will be paired with all twelve Moon signs ... which is one very basic explanation why there are often noticeable differences between members of the same Sun Sign.
Another important Inner Self
To an astrologer, the Moon symbolizes the part of you that reacts automatically and from force of habit to experiences in the world. In fact, you may identify very strongly with this part of yourself ... and feel it is who you really are on the inside.
(If you feel the "common knowledge" about your Sun sign qualities often don't describe you completely ... this could be one of the reasons why. Your Moon Sign qualities could be very different from your Sun sign qualities -- and you may be responding to or expressing those.)
The part of you described by your Moon sign is composed almost entirely of emotional energy. Whether you let it show on the outside or not, you are very aware of this energy. It operates in all areas where matters of family, security, and your feelings are involved. It is likely the self you most often show to people you are comfortable with and "familiar with" yourself.
It fills in the picture
Information based on your Moon sign is essential to creating a more complete and well-rounded picture of you as an individual spirit. Forecasts based on your Moon sign will tell you what is happening in your inner world where you really live about things that are very important to you personally.
You will quite likely relate to readings involving your Moon sign energy much more directly than those based on your Sun sign alone.
The sign that contains the Moon tells a lot about the qualities you use to express yourself emotionally ... to express your feelings ... and to respond instinctively.
The House of your Natal Chart that contains the Moon reveals the area of life where you feel your most intense emotional investment, the area of life where you want things to feel familiar and secure, and where you may literally need to create a sort of "home base" from which you can operate.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The Moon in Astrology
Sun and Moon
* The Moon -- Ruler of Cancer ---> One of the most important components in your horoscope ---> The Moon, silvery, mysterious and reflective, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's inner, feeling-based personality. Along with the Sun and the Ascendant (or Rising Sign -- the sign that was literally rising on the eastern horizon at the time of birth, the Moon is one of the three most significant components in a horoscope, traditionally considered ....
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light ....
From the Blogs, Ezines
The Moon ---> Everyday Astrology August 15, 2020 The Moon ---> The masculine planets in Astrology, The Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn & Pluto all have a very public presence. It's easy to see them at work, to understand their interests, to appreciate their goals. There's something very direct & honest about them.
Moon Signs -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology August 9, 2019 Moon Signs ---> As the Moon travels through the Zodiac signs, making the full circle each month, it sets the emotional tone for each day ... what the overall mood is like, how it "feels" generally, what interests it highlights and what activities will be productive.
The Sun and The Moon -- From Everyday Astrology ---> Everyday Astrology September 28, 2020 The Sun and the Moon ---> In Astrology, the Sun and the Moon are a study in contrasts. They can be seen as mirror-images, on the one hand -- & on the other, they complete each other, making a greater, more dimensional picture of what a horoscope is describing. To have the information from one is a key element in understanding the character of the person or the nature of the event a horoscope contains.
Related to the Moon
* A Day with No Lunar Aspects -- Not quite one thing ... not quite another ---> First things first ---> To understand this article, you may need a little bit of background. First of all ... do you know about the Void-of-Course Moon? If so, great. Skip down and read on. If not, take a minute or two (honest, that's all you'll need) to read about it.
The Moonwalking Series
Moonwalking 1 -- The magic world of inner space ---> The Moonwalking Series Tiny articles on The Moon in Astrology Quick to read, easy to digest, easy to remember ---> The magic world of inner space ---> The Moon completes its circuit of the Zodiac -- moving through all 12 signs -- in just under a month -- every 27.3 days. It stays in each sign roughly 2 1/2 days. The Moon rules Zodiac sign Cancer and is associated with the interests of the natural 4th House.
Moonwalking 2 -- Where we feel at home ---> The Moonwalking Series Tiny articles on The Moon in Astrology Quick to read, easy to digest, easy to remember ---> Where we feel at home ---> Moon information reveals a picture of our inner world, our most intimate selves ... and the things we need on a primal, even pre-verbal level. Moon information describes what we need to feel supported, protected and loved. Moon energy describes what comforts us.
Moonwalking 3 -- Letting life solve its own problems ---> The Moonwalking Series Tiny articles on The Moon in Astrology Quick to read, easy to digest, easy to remember ---> Letting Life solve its own problems ---> When The Moon changes signs from one to the next, it signals a shift in the moods and prevailing emotional attitudes for everyone. This explains why a day that starts out pensive and gloomy can shift part-way through and become lighter, cheerful and sunny ... .
Moonwalking 4 -- The inner world of feelings ---> The inner world of feelings ---> The Moonwalking Series Tiny articles on The Moon in Astrology Quick to read, easy to digest, easy to remember ---> The Moon in your horoscope represents one of the more complicated pieces of personality. First of all, it deals with feelings and emotions -- so already, we're on shaky ground ....
A Moon-Related Phenomena
* What's the Difference Between -- A Solar and a Lunar Eclipse? -- Different Issues ... Different Requests for Your Attention ---> The physics of it ---> A Solar Eclipse happens when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, blocking the sunlight from view for a short time. ( Earth ---> Moon ---> Sun ) A Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Earth moves between the Moon ....
* Eclipses -- Special Alignments between -- The Sun, The Moon and The Earth -- for those who like their Astrology straight-up and hard core ---> An eclipse -- why it happens ---> In ancient times, eclipses were viewed with fear and wariness -- since they were imperfectly understood. But even today, when we fully understand the cause of eclipses ... and can predict their appearances years in advance, there's still a definite ambivalence -- even among astrologers ....
* Eclipses: A Celestial Show in Light and Shadow -- The User-Friendly Version ---> A celestial sensation ---> Eclipses have long been viewed with wariness and caution. They are, for certain, visually impressive events. If you ever have the chance to see one, it's worth the effort. But if you missed the latest one, never fear. There will be others! Eclipses also seem to foretell changes and developments far more momentous than those predicted by an ordinary lunation.
From EDA: Solar Eclipses ---> Everyday Astrology July 4, 2019 Solar Eclipses ---> Astrologers have always respected the symbolic power of eclipses. Even today an aura of apprehension and foreboding may attend one's arrival. But predictions that link eclipses with problems, misfortune and disasters, I think, miss the mark. Eclipses represent significant points of change ....
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index