The Moonwalking Series
Tiny articles on The Moon in Astrology
Quick to read, easy to digest, easy to remember
The magic world of inner space
The Moon completes its circuit of the Zodiac -- moving through all 12 signs -- in just under a month -- every 27.3 days. It stays in each sign roughly 2 1/2 days. The Moon rules Zodiac sign Cancer and is associated with the interests of the natural 4th House.
All these things are connected to the inner world of feelings, moods, emotions, responses, habits and intuition. Familiar elements in everyone's private life.
The Moon deals with our deepest personal needs, especially those related to matters of security and safety. It gives information about our habits and instinctive responses ... the feelings and behavior that come without thinking -- where you simply react, sometimes out of self-preservation.
Cancer's attitudes of tenderness, compassion, caring and responsiveness to the needs of friends and loved one relate directly back to the Moon and its "automatic behavior." So, too, do fourth house issues of home, family, foundations and history.
These form a cluster of inter-related energy in every individual ... regardless of the sign that contains the Moon, the house with Cancer on the Cusp ... or the Sign on the cusp of the 4th House. In fact, these different possibilities and energies are part of what make you ... unique.
Where we feel at home
Moon information reveals a picture of our inner world, our most intimate selves ... and the things we need on a primal, even pre-verbal level. Moon information describes what we need to feel supported, protected and loved. Moon energy describes what comforts us.
Safe in the company of trusted friends and loving family members, a different personality will emerge ... different from the one we use in public, one our casual acquaintances and colleagues wouldn't recognize. Ideally, when we feel "at home," we can afford to let our guard down and be who we really are.
Letting Life solve its own problems
When The Moon changes signs from one to the next, it signals a shift in the moods and prevailing emotional attitudes for everyone. This explains why a day that starts out pensive and gloomy can shift part-way through and become lighter, cheerful and sunny ... for no apparent reason except -- well, time changes everything.
The inner world of feelings
The Moon in your horoscope represents one of the more complicated pieces of personality. First of all, it deals with feelings and emotions -- so already, we're on shaky ground ... because in this landscape of your inner world where these powerful forces reside, everything is always so subjective.
Emotions are often tied to your deepest inner needs, many of which are ancient (even associated with race consciousness) and pre-verbal.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Moon -- Ruler of Cancer ---> One of the most important components in your horoscope ---> The Moon, silvery, mysterious and reflective, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's inner, feeling-based personality. Along with the Sun and the Ascendant (or Rising Sign -- the sign that was literally rising on the eastern horizon at the time of birth, the Moon is one of the three most significant components in a horoscope.
* Lunar Folks in a Sun Sign World -- When the Moon is your guiding light ---> A place in the Sun ---> It would seem life in "the outer world" is built for Sun Sign folks. Maybe that's as it should be. Even mainstream Astrology ... the kind most people know, at least from the dime store Astrology books and daily horoscopes that pass for "Astrology" in our culture ... casts Sun Sign energy as the lead player in life's drama.
The Sun & the Moon
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky and two of the most commanding points of information in a horoscope.
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative.
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world.
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Moonwalking Series Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index