A moonless night -- and looking for mischief
A time of quiet
Intuition is stronger during the Dark Moon days. So is the need to rest and heal. Painful memories and unfinished business from the past -- perhaps the long ago past -- are more apt to come up ... and ask for attention.
It's a time to meditate and listen -- to the whispers of your inner voices and the complex longings of your soul. Both have trouble getting past the raucous clamor of everyday life -- and in the silence of the Dark Moon they at least have a chance to break through.
Fatigue is common. So is the need for more alone time -- and getting lost in your imagination ... or "zoning out" for a while ... is a way to accomplish that, even when surrounded by a crowd you just can't escape.
During the Dark of the Moon you need space -- and plenty of it. And you'll arrange it somehow. The more deliberately you can do this -- and provide the right setting, the better you'll fare overall. Better that than to wind up sick and needing bed rest ... because if your Higher Self thinks it's important enough ... it can make that happen, too. Never doubt it.
Life is about change. When things change, you change -- and vice versa. Every change brings a kind of ending. In its own unique way, it's a kind of death. You are different -- and you have to learn who you are ... all over again. It's a process. Processes take time ... time to digest it all, time to adjust, time to rediscover yourself, time to find the courage to breathe deep, step up ... and start again.
In a minor way, each month the Dark of the Moon brings its own kind of change ... and ending ... and death. It's a time of quiet. It's a time of reflection. It brings assessment ... and adjustment. Maybe sadness, maybe confusion. Things can never just stay the same. Accepting that is a kind of surrender. Sometimes you live in the light. Other times, you live in the dark.
The Dark of the Moon can be a kind of magic, in which you see the cycle of life & change / birth & death in the Moon's fading light & endless rhythm. Mystics tell us Death is just a phase, a transition to a new Life. It's just as necessary & sacred -- & possibly also as joyful -- as birth. It just looks different from our very limited perspective.
If we could see the whole picture, or if we have faith in the goodness of Spirit, we see this transition as resurrection -- living again, in a new way, a new form, a better & more complete awareness. This is always Scorpio's promise -- the Great Archetype of Birth, Death and Rebirth. When you live with awareness, you see it all around you, everywhere.
The Dark of the Moon is just regular -- and predictable. You can watch it happen. You can use its power. Every month, very deliberately, you can immerse yourself in the magic. Release what is ready to pass. Rest a moment. Set new intentions. And with the New Moon's arrival -- be born again.
There's a rhythm to the Dark of the Moon ... a feeling like no other time of the month. Likewise, there's a rhythm to the seasons. Spring surges and bursts and bristles with new life. It fulfills the promise of renewal -- as bright and powerful as the rainbow's arrival following showers.
Summer sees fertility blossom into something lush, full & opulent. Inviting, ready & ripening. Autumn is maturity. Colorful. Change of a different kind. Deeper changes with a touch of wisdom, understanding. Sadness. Melancholy. Summer has becoming a fading memory. Spring recedes further from reach.
Winter arrives. Days shorten. Light dwindles. Cold sets in. Grass withers. Animals hibernate. Trees strip down to bare essentials. Sap slows down to virtually nothing. Life turns inward. So does awareness, as the pulse of life moves us beat by beat to the moment when Spring arrives again.
The Dark of the Moon is like this. A moment of deep Winter, every month.
The Mystery and Meaning of The Dark of the Moon 1
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Sun and Moon
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky....
* You, Your Moon, Your Moon Sign -- in Natal Astrology ---> The Co-star in your horoscope ---> The Moon's Sign and House position give just as much valid information about a person's character as the Sun Sign. In fact, in some people, the Moon information is even more revealing and important. Pop culture relies on Sun Sign astrology though for its material because the Sun is the easiest point to determine in a person's individual constellations ....
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world. If you want to know more ... read on: There are three main components an astrologer considers ...
Related to the Moon
* A Day with No Lunar Aspects -- Not quite one thing ... not quite another ---> First things first ---> To understand this article, you may need a little bit of background. First of all ... do you know about the Void-of-Course Moon? If so, great. Skip down and read on. If not, take a minute or two (honest, that's all you'll need) to read about it. However, you'll do yourself a favor if you really learn about the v/c Moon ... benefits way beyond the limits of this article.
The Moon's Nodes ---> They are theoretical points ---> Unlike the Sun, Moon or other planets in a Natal Horoscope, the Moon's Nodes are not physical entities. They are theoretical, conceptual points in celestial longitude where the Moon crosses over the ecliptic -- the path of the Sun. There are two nodes of the Moon, the North node and the South node.
The Dark of the Moon
Defining the Dark of the Moon
Dark Moon / New Moon
Working with the Dark of the Moon
Light Reading & Open Articles
Learn more about The Moon in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index