Going home again
Well, by now we could all use a little mothering. Thank Heaven there are Cancer people in the world wanting to take on the job and Cancer energy comes around on a regular basis.
Having ventured out in the world despite the hazards, and picked up some new ideas, gathered in some valuable information about our growth and new directions, and done a little research and other homework, we need to pull back and process the things we know now that we didn't know earlier. Fortunately, Cancer energy carries heavy motivation and opportunities to do exactly that.
* Meditation for the New Moon in Cancer
Horoscopes for the Season of Cancer
June 21 to July 22
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The New Moon
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff about the New Moon ---> What you see is what you get ---> * The Moon is the Earth's only natural satellite. It orbits the Earth in such a way that the same side of the Moon always faces us -- which has given rise to the notion of there being a "dark side of the moon" when, in reality, there is a far side of the moon which is lit with reflected sunlight when we have a New Moon ... and is deprived of sunlight when we experience a Full Moon.
Quick Notes on the New Moon -- It gives you the basics and saves lots of time ---> The Solar / Lunar alignment ---> * In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
The New Moon
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky ---> In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* Full Moon / New Moon? Or New Moon / Full Moon? -- Variations on the rhythms of life ---> Different rhythms ---> It's a subtle difference, I admit, but it's there nevertheless. Life's psychological rhythm has a different sequence, depending on whether the New Moon in a particular sign forms first, followed about two weeks later by the Full Moon in the opposite sign ... or whether the Full Moon forms first, followed then by the New Moon lining up with the Sun in its sign.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
More about Cancer & the Moon
* The Personal Signs: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer -- They Operate Through Direct Action and Experience ---> Up front and uncomplicated ---> The first four signs of the Zodiac are the Personal Signs -- Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer. They engage life and understand the world through their own direct actions and experiences. Their ambitions don't depend much on other people's cooperation or group support. They are fairly stand-alone in who they are, what they do and what they want.
* The Moon -- Ruler of Cancer ---> One of the most important components in your horoscope ---> The Moon, silvery, mysterious and reflective, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's inner, feeling-based personality. Along with the Sun and the Ascendant (or Rising Sign -- the sign that was literally rising on the eastern horizon at the time of birth, the Moon is one of the three most significant components in a horoscope, traditionally considered to be the second most important, but this conclusion is extremely subjective.
From the Blogs, Ezines & Elsewhere
Expressions of Cancer
From EDA Cancer ---> Everyday Astrology ---> July 12, 2020 ---> Cancer ---> If you've never spent time with someone who has strong Cancer signatures -- strong Cancer energy -- in his character, you're in for a treat. You're also in for an education. Cancer is a Water Sign, & the contemporary world ... that makes them "different." Whether that's good or bad can depend on who you're talking to -- & what they're describing.
From EDA: Full Moon in Cancer -- Opposing the Capricorn Sun ---> Everyday Astrology January 10, 2020 Full Moon in Cancer ---> So, the Full Moon forms today ... around lunch-time / early afternoon in the U.S. Those hyper-sensitive to our surroundings can find Full Moon energies especially interesting, tense and exhausting. Sometimes other adjectives apply ... depending. Both the Sun and Moon move at a steady, predictable rate through the sky, through the Zodiac ....
From EDA: New Moon in Cancer ---> Everyday Astrology July 21, 2020 New Moon in Cancer ---> Practical help ---> This year's arrival of the Second New Moon in Cancer asks for a pause, a turning inward, to assess our feelings, our needs, our moods & reactions, our intuition. Reality for a while has seemed decidedly unreal ... surreal ... whatever word you want to apply. "Unbelievable" has become way too pale to describe daily life today.
From EDA: Sun in Cancer ---> Everyday Astrology June 21, 2020 Sun in Cancer ---> I usually look forward to the Cancer transits. The pace of Taurus is a little low-key & hedonistic for my tastes, although the chance to slow down a bit after the hectic drive & push-push-push of Aries is welcome. Gemini's quickness & mobility are a little more my style. I also like the learning, entertainment & information sharing. But the shallowness & here-again-gone-again jitters of Gemini gets old quick.