The New Moon in the Cardinal Earth Sign
The New Moon in Capricorn unites active, self-assertive Sun energy with intuitive, emotional Moon energy in the sign of diligence, persistence, ambition and hard work! It may not sound like a real fun combination, but it does help you make progress in life!
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The New Moon in Capricorn -- Capricorn Energy in the Creative Process ---> Ah, Capricorn!! The last and most action oriented of the Earth Signs. Things that are nurtured and earned in Taurus, tended to and perfected in Virgo ... are finally established and solidified in Capricorn.
* The Celestial Event of the New Moon ---> In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions. It speaks to some elements of our Karma and childhood home, our upbringing, family background and specifically our relationship with our mother (or major mother figure from the past.)
* When the New Moon forms in Capricorn -- A double dose of ambition ---> The New Moon in Capricorn brings ambition with a Capital "A" onstage. Your public reputation, your professional accomplishments, and your social standing are uppermost on your agenda. After the recent expansion, new learning, wider perspectives, and the arrival of a more eclectic and bountiful view of life, the next step is to establish yourself and your position so you can share these blessings with the community that supports you.
When the Sun is in Capricorn ---> When the Sun is in Capricorn, people are conservative, deliberate, dignified and determined. In the Northern Hemisphere, it is winter, after all -- and everyone needs to make it from here to Spring. Consequently, actions and attitudes are frugal, methodical, organized and steady. The mood is serious, practical, responsible, and prudent.
* Born with the Sun in Capricorn -- The Capricorn Character ---> If there's a party animal anywhere in your character, it comes from somewhere other than your Capricorn energy. The Capricorn part of you was born sober, and grown up, and knowing how to behave. That Capricorn part of you wouldn't tie one on or wear a silly paper hat at gunpoint. There's bound to be a camera somewhere in the room ... or a lurking reporter. Or the local gossip.
* Meditation for the New Moon Capricorn -- The Sun and Moon conjunct in Capricorn ---> Imagine yourself in a lovely mountain cabin located at the very top of a majestic mountain peak. There may be snow all around outside -- especially at this time of year -- but you have plenty of firewood and a cozy glow from the logs, burning with an occasional snap and pop in the fireplace.