The Moon is second fiddle?
Maybe. Maybe not.
* The Moon in your Natal Chart is considered the second-most important element in your horoscope ... & therefore in your character. But there are plenty of reasons (& arguments) to take exception to this except as a general statement of status in the astrological array.
* The Moon symbolizes your Inner Self, your Emotional Self ... the part of your character that feels & responds to things that ignite an emotional reaction. You are very aware of its presence, & information related to it may be more revealing -- more pertinent to you personally -- than the huge repertoire of data your Sun energy contains.
* The catalog of Moon data may be even larger and more complex. In the realm of feelings, "things get complicated," Here's where you deal with instincts, habits, intuition, reactions, moods and mood swings. If you feel strongly about something (anything!) even if it isn't logical, you're feeling and dealing with Moon energy. (Now tell me that's "second-level" important.)
* Moon energy deals with the things you need for safety, security and protection. (This is one reason why you are so passionate & responsive to conditions, events & people who affect that.)
Home, family and safety
* The Moon describes your involvement (& need for) home & family, your sense of "belonging" to a place or family group. It gives information about your relationship with your mother (or maternal childhood figures) ... & therefore is woven through your own parenting behavior ... & your relationships & feelings about women in general.
* Moon energy is not "logical" -- even when shaped by the intellectual signs. It uses intuition & gut reactions as its main source of information & is almost always uncannily accurate. It's part of your survival skill-set. Your Moon energy helps keep you alive. So honor & respect it if only for that.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Sun and Moon
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light, and it's true they are both the brightest objects in the sky....
* You, Your Moon, Your Moon Sign -- in Natal Astrology ---> The Co-star in your horoscope ---> The Moon's Sign and House position give just as much valid information about a person's character as the Sun Sign. In fact, in some people, the Moon information is even more revealing and important. Pop culture relies on Sun Sign astrology though for its material because the Sun is the easiest point to determine in a person's individual constellations ....
* Your Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Ascendant Sign -- Just What's Going On Here? ---> Three ways of defining you ... ---> The short answer to this question is: Your Sun sign tells about your basic ego, your Moon sign tells about you emotional inner self, and your Ascendant tells about your outer presentation to the rest of the world. If you want to know more ... read on: There are three main components an astrologer considers ...
Related to the Moon
* A Day with No Lunar Aspects -- Not quite one thing ... not quite another ---> First things first ---> To understand this article, you may need a little bit of background. First of all ... do you know about the Void-of-Course Moon? If so, great. Skip down and read on. If not, take a minute or two (honest, that's all you'll need) to read about it. However, you'll do yourself a favor if you really learn about the v/c Moon ... benefits way beyond the limits of this article.
Moon in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index