The Sun Opposing The Moon
Who you are now vs. who you used to be
The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
In this, as in all oppositions, you need a compromise to try and meet the needs of both elements. Here you're working with ego desires, personal ambitions, and your wish to feel important and valuable on the one hand and emotional loyalties, private longings, and firmly ingrained habits on the other. It's a challenge between the person you've become and the person you used to be.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
New Moon Articles Index
Full Moon Articles Index
Dark Moon Articles Index
Void-of-Course Moon Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Sun in General -- Your Essential Self of Power, Will, Vitality and Ambition ---> The essence of you -- In Astrology, The Sun represents your basic core identity. It gives information about the qualities of your ego, your individual self-expression, your self-image and your sense of personal identity. It depicts both the essence of who you are and how you define and reveal yourself to the rest of the world.
* The Sun -- Ruler of Leo -- Symbol of Your Essential Self ---> The Sun, without which life on Earth could not exist as we know it, is the astrological metaphor which symbolizes an individual's basic personality, the underlying canvas upon which all the other colors and elements of his character are co-mingled and combined. The Sun and its meaning are the centerpiece in the structure of Astrology.
His Majesty ... The Sun -- The Center of Our Solar System ---> The Sun is perhaps the most rudimentary and reliable chronometer ... "measure or marker of time" ... we have. It is certainly the most obvious. It rises every morning ... and sets every evening. It has been doing so for millions of years. It will continue this rhythm past the time limits any human mind can imagine.
Astrology is for Believers.
With an open mind and a knowledge of Astrology
you can watch your life unfold in ways that make sense.
Join our Premium Membership today!!
* What Does The Sun Represent in Your Natal Chart? -- What is it ... and why is it important? ---> The center of everything -- The Sun is the unmistakable center of our Solar System. Likewise, the Sun is your horoscope, with its sign placement and house position, describes the core essence of your character. It reveals the character traits you will use to express yourself, explore the world, have impact on your surroundings, learn what you need to know and accomplish the work you came here to do.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky --
In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
Working with the wisdom of Astrology ...
You can recognize the subtle knock of real opportunity
and the soft voice of invitations to personal growth
because you know they're coming, where to look for them,
and what they'll look like when they appear.
Join our Premium Membership today!!
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
* Fractiousness and Fracture Lines: The Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is -- logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally insistent and intense.