When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky
In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
In astronomy and physical reality, the New Moon forms when the Moon aligns between the Sun and the Earth so the side facing us reflects no light.
We often call the New Moon that tiny sliver of light in the night sky that will progress over the next month to create the bright circle of the Full Moon and then diminish gradually to a tiny sliver of light curving in the opposite direction before the process begins again.
In fact, at the moment of the New Moon, there is no light from the Moon visible in the sky at all. Reflected sunlight from the moon is completely blocked, and everything at that source is at its darkest point. The New Moon, then, forms at the literal moment of transition from light becoming less and less to the instant when it starts increasing again.
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
This article, published in full,
is available at my Medium account.
The New Moon
I urge you to subscribe and support this marvelous platform where
more wonderful writers with wonderful minds publish literate,
thought-provoking content on everything from politics to poetry,
from personal stories to personal development.
Thank you for visiting and considering this request.
Have a lovely, blessed day.
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* Put Dark Moon Magic to Work -- For YOU!! ---> A time to restore and strengthen your spirit -- The Dark of the Moon is considered an especially mysterious, fruitful, and flexible time of "molding" the creative experiences that will come forth in the weeks immediately ahead.
* What is the Dark of the Moon? -- When the Night's Moon Fades to Black ---> When the night brings no moonlight at all -- The Dark of the Moon refers to that phase in the Moon's monthly cycle when the Sun and Moon are so closely aligned there is no reflected light from the Sun available to shine from the Moon's surface.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be -- The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial phenomenon the rest of the world calls The Full Moon.
* The Void-of-Course Moon ---> Don't start anything important!! -- When the Moon is void-of-course in any sign, it marks a pause in Life's rhythm. Moon-void-of-course periods are a time to coast, get some extra rest, take life easy and be gentle with yourself.Don't start or schedule anything important. Just wait for life to regain its rhythm and start moving forward again.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky -- In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions. It speaks to some elements of our Karma and childhood home, our upbringing, family background and specifically our relationship with our mother (or major mother figure from the past.)