When the night brings no moonlight at all
The Dark of the Moon refers to that phase in the Moon's monthly cycle when the Sun and Moon are so closely aligned there is no reflected light from the Sun available to shine from the Moon's surface.
The Moon, if you can see it at all -- it's way too close to the Sun, appears black and dead in the sky, and, of course, the nights themselves, with no moonlight at all, are especially dark and still.
The dark moon lasts about three days, from the time when the crescent of the old moon disappears completely until the crescent of the new moon appears ... and begins to grow.
The nights surrounding each New Moon
In Astrology, the new moon arrives at the moment of the Sun / Moon conjunction. In Wicca and the earth religions, the dark moon phase lasts until visible light from the new moon appears.
In the psycho-spiritual energy of the time, the dark moon phase marks a period of contemplation and introspection. There is a feeling of attention and life itself turning inward, focusing on personal concerns and private, intimate matters.
Astrology is for Believers.
With an open mind and a knowledge of Astrology
you can watch your life unfold in ways that make sense.
Join our Premium Membership today!!
The unconscious world opens up
The state of one's inner reality becomes more prominent, moving into conscious awareness more easily than usual. Dreams may be more vivid ... or more readily remembered. Visions and memories seem to intrude more often, as fantasies conjure up connections to the past, unmet longings and desires and unfinished business that calls for review and resolution.
It's a time to tend the state of your inner health, your psychological welfare, to close out the business of the old moon's interests and set new goals and plans for the coming month and its themes. There is powerful psychic energy around during the dark of the moon, as in the interests of living a conscious life, you do well to acknowledge this and use it.
In the dark places of the world ... and your inner world
The dark of the moon asks you to retreat into the dark recesses of yourself, to explore the hidden parts of your psyche and re-establish contact with your soul. It's a time to be still and reflective, to make space for the whispers of your inner world to come forward and enter conscious awareness.
A quiet, dreamy openness of mind and spirit helps them make their presence known to you ... something which may be hard to do when they have to compete with the stress and clamor of everyday life and its many demands.
A time for stillness
During the dark of the moon, it's a time to be still and listen to whatever inner wisdom is trying to speak. It is a fine way to practice and sharpen your own sensitivity and psychic awareness. Such spiritual and psychological integration helps you be a more complete person.
It boosts your awareness of your life both within and without ... and the wisdom itself lifts you to a place where being a better version of you is not just possible, but easy.
Get the information you need.
Discover the difference knowledge
and preparation can make in your life!
Join our Premium
You might also enjoy
* Put Dark Moon Magic to Work -- For YOU!! ---> A time to restore and strengthen your spirit -- The Dark of the Moon is considered an especially mysterious, fruitful, and flexible time of "molding" the creative experiences that will come forth in the weeks immediately ahead.
What is the Dark of the Moon? -- When the Night's Moon Fades to Black ---> When the night brings no moonlight at all -- The Dark of the Moon refers to that phase in the Moon's monthly cycle when the Sun and Moon are so closely aligned there is no reflected light from the Sun available to shine from the Moon's surface.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be -- The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial phenomenon the rest of the world calls The Full Moon.
The Void-of-Course Moon ---> Don't start anything important!! -- When the Moon is void-of-course in any sign, it marks a pause in Life's rhythm. Moon-void-of-course periods are a time to coast, get some extra rest, take life easy and be gentle with yourself.Don't start or schedule anything important. Just wait for life to regain its rhythm and start moving forward again.
* The Celestial Event of the New Moon ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky -- In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions. It speaks to some elements of our Karma and childhood home, our upbringing, family background and specifically our relationship with our mother (or major mother figure from the past.)
* The Dark of the Moon -- A time of magic and creation ---> All things begin in mind. Everything in the world originated in the nebulous intellectual energy of an idea, a dream, a desire. These next few days are the time to be setting those into motion in your life ... in the realm of thought where all creation happens.
* Feeling and Healing -- in the Dark of the Moon ---> Welcome to The Dark of the Moon ---> We all know the shifting shapes and different phases of the Moon as it travels through the sky every month -- from the sickle-shape of the Crescent Moon to the full round dinner plate magnificence of the Full Moon.