When the Moon is in Sagittarius, people express their feelings charitably, candidly and expansively. This energy is upbeat, broad-minded, honest, fair, inspirational and concerned with the welfare of others. When the Moon is in Sagittarius, there is extra interest in matters of law, religion, philosophy, ethics, morality, and social conscience.
It is a good time to focus on your ideals, to understand things from a "foreign" perspective, to consider matters of academic advancement and higher education, and to indulge your restlessness, wanderlust or need to "travel" -- whether physically or mentally.
It is also a time to be independent and visionary, to gain a sense of "the big picture" of your life and the way you fit into that scheme, to advance your ideas gained through practical experience, to promote your "rules for living," to share your "secrets of success" with others -- possibly through writing or lecturing, and to "take a risk and test your luck" -- since there is an optimistic, speculative energy present.
During times of stress with this energy, people are excessive, pretentious, hypocritical, undisciplined, irresponsible, dogmatic, offensively zealous, fanatical, tactless and lacking in "follow-through."
This material continues in our Premium Members section
and is part of our Premium Members content.
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
* The Moon in General -- Your Inner Self of Feelings, Emotions and Intuition ---> Welcome to your inner world -- In Astrology, The Moon represents our inner feelings, our emotions ... and our deep security needs. It reflects our basic habits, instincts and automatic reactions.
* The New Moon -- A Milestone Celestial Event ---> When The Moon joins The Sun in the sky --
In astrology, the celestial phenomenon known as the New Moon occurs at the exact moment the Sun and the Moon occupy precisely the same point in the sky-map of the Zodiac -- the same degree and minute of arc in a particular sign. This alignment is known as a conjunction.
* Shadows in the Moonlight -- The Full Moon and its Testy Temper ---> The Sun Opposing The Moon -- Who you are now vs. who you used to be The aspect of the Sun opposing the Moon is the classic celestial show the rest of the world calls The Full Moon. In Astrology, The Full Moon highlights tension between two conflicting desires, ambitions, requirements, or sets of values -- each a necessary part of life, and each somehow a problem for the other.
* Fractiousness and Fracture Lines: The Full Moon -- The crisis is predictable. It happens every month. ---> One of life's great divides -- All Full Moons involve some kind of conflict. Usually, as the Full Moon forms ... and for several nights following, you feel pulled in two directions at once, required to try and serve two masters ... no matter how impossible you know that is -- logically. Life's demands in two opposing / competing areas become equally insistent and intense.
* Moon in Sagittarius ---> Introduction -- The Moon travels completely around the Zodiac ... through all twelve signs every month -- a trip that lasts about 28.3 days each time. And it makes this circle 13 times a year. It stays in each sign about 2 1/2 days. Everyone gets to enjoy a monthly Lunar homecoming. Astrologers call this a Lunar Return.
* The New Moon in Sagittarius -- Sagittarius Energy in the Creative Process ---> Exploring new horizons ... -- As the creative cycle of life continues its progress of development from Scorpio into Sagittarius, we move from the consolidation of mutually shared resources and assets ... into finding expansive new horizons of adventure and knowledge to investigate and opportunities to offer our own generosity to others with the results.
* Meditation for the New Moon in Sagittarius -- The Sun and Moon conjunct in Sagittarius ---> Affirmations for the energy of the New Moon in Sagittarius -- I honor my mind's ability to bring me the knowledge and informationI need to live successfully. I respect and demonstrate my spiritual principles and ethical beliefs. I live my life as a true example of what I believe ...an example others can see and understand. I understand my thoughts and deeds are the seeds of my future Karma-- and choose accordingly.