Another month / another New Moon
The New Moon is a special monthly event. The days surrounding it bring closure and renewal, releasing old efforts and energy ... and gathering new intentions, projects & plans. As much as possible, use the four days surrounding every New Moon -- the three before and the one that comes after for meditation, reflection, releasing and planning. To Astrologers, mystics and others, these days are the Dark of the Moon. There is no visible moon in the sky ... or no visible moon to speak of.
As the Sun and Moon align (which is what forms the New Moon every month), the psychological energy around us slows down, gets quiet and invites us to turn inward to the center where intuition and feelings reside. Here we get a better take on what's going on in our lives, what we need ... and what we want next. We can heal what needs to be mended and gather our strength for the next leg of the journey.
It's a natural pause in life's ongoing rhythm, and it makes so much personal, emotional, spiritual and psychological sense to use it that way -- just as it makes sense to eat when you're hungry and sleep when you're tired! That our culture has lost touch with these cosmic undercurrents and replaced them with the push-push-push drumbeat of productivity and hustle is a virtual crime against humanity. And I'll call it that.
(In my head I hear the pounding rhythm of the hammer on the block to regulate the oarsmen in Ben Hur. That's what it feels like. And that's certainly what it feels like when you manage to break free and remember back ... tied to that rhythm, those demands, that mindless service of ... something or someone. Maybe you couldn't even say what.)
Horoscopes for the Season of Leo
July 22 to August 23
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
The New Moon
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff about the New Moon ---> What you see is what you get ---> * The Moon is the Earth's only natural satellite. It orbits the Earth in such a way that the same side of the Moon always faces us -- which has given rise to the notion of there being a "dark side of the moon" when, in reality, there is a far side of the moon which is lit with reflected sunlight when we have a New Moon ... and is deprived of sunlight when we experience a Full Moon.
The Sun & Moon in Astrology
* The Sun and Moon in Your Natal Chart -- Two powerful descriptions of you ---> Your two most important Inner Selves ---> Even in the more subtle, introverted signs, like Scorpio, Virgo and Pisces, The Sun's energy in your horoscope is considered powerful, masculine and demonstrative. Its expression can be overwhelmed and disguised by other factors or afflictions in the horoscope, but not easily.
* The Luminaries in Astrology -- The Sun and The Moon -- What are they ... and what's the difference? ---> The Light-givers ---> The Luminaries -- This term refers to The Sun and The Moon in a horoscope -- distinguishing them from the other common elements ... the eight known planets, excluding the Earth. The term luminary suggests The Sun and The Moon are both sources of light ....
The New Moon in Leo
* The New Moon in Leo -- Leo Energy in the Creative Process ---> A time for joy -- With the arrival of the New Moon in Leo, we've passed completely through the powerful time of Cancer energy, whose beginning is always marked by the Summer Solstice. The New Moon in Cancer puts emphasis on emotional bonds, family ties, roots, heritage, home and deep security issues. In Cancer, we are extra-concerned about survival, family safety and well-being, self-protection ... and all the emotional and psychological hot-buttons those contain.
* Meditation for the New Moon in Leo ---> Affirmations for the energy of the New Moon in Leo ---> Imagine that you are being honored in a special way for something remarkable at a ceremony whose entire form and structure you were able to choose. What would you be honored for? What special, unique, totally fabulous thing have you done (or do you do regularly in your life) that would bring you such exceptional recognition? (If you've got a bunch of things you think could deserve this special kind of appreciation ... hey, you can do this meditation as many times as you like!!)
The Sun in Leo
* Born with the Sun in Leo -- The Leo Character ---> The Zodiac's Constant Kid ---> A Leo soul is a true showman, celestial royalty, the undeniable star of the Zodiac. He can be a delightful mix of youthful exuberance, playfulness, enthusiasm and joy ... like a real-life Peter Pan, the kid who refuses to grow up. He can be an inspiring leader ... able to rally followers and inspire confidence with his own dramatic displays of courage and personal charisma. He can be the elegant, creative artist and performer who knows how to charm his audience ...
Learn more about The Moon in Astrology
These are the index pages to all our articles
on this topic.
The Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The New Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Full Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Dark Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index
The Void-of-Course Moon in Astrology -- Articles Index