Saturn rules Capricorn. Capricorn is an Earth Sign
The 6th Planet
* Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun in our Solar System, and the second largest planet. It is located between Jupiter and Uranus.
* It takes Saturn 29.5 years to orbit the Sun -- and circle the Zodiac. It stays in each of the Zodiac signs just under 2 1/2 years.
* Saturn rules the Zodiac sign Capricorn. It is also associated with the 10th House of the horoscope -- the house that deals with career, reputation, status, authority, peak achievement and public life interests.
Saturn deals with things that last
* Saturn governs old age, maturity, seniority, "permanent" structures, authority, experience & the wisdom it teaches
* Learning life's lessons is the theme of this planet, building a reputation, contributing to society, making a difference, surviving
* He carries a sense of convention, tradition, learned patterns of wisdom and behavior --->he favors those things built through perseverance that will stand the test of time
He gets a bad rap
* Saturn is considered one of the least favorite planets of mainstream astrology, and in ancient times was considered The Great Malefic.
* But we actually owe him a lot more than just rejection and defamation, because his energy -- and the work he helps us accomplish -- is truly valuable and constructive. Without his constant presence and prodding, some of us wouldn't get anything done in this life or any other.
* Saturn isn't "popular" because he's into serious stuff like hard work, long-term projects, making a contribution to society with your talents and time, rising through the ranks to claim some kind of expertise and authority, in short ... making something of yourself instead of just taking up space.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
Join one of our tiers.
Subscribe to our work through
You might also enjoy
Saturn in Astrology
* Saturn Retrograde -- Rebuilding Your Personal Foundations ---> Delays ... get worse ---> Saturn is notorious for signifying delays, and because under stress it also symbolizes limitation, restriction, and loss, many followers of astrology consider it their least favorite planet. But I think it gets a bad rap and lots of blame it really doesn't deserve. Sure, Saturn makes you work hard for everything it offers. When it is involved, nothing just falls into your lap ....
* Capricorn Is Cardinal Earth -- Dynamic Practicality ---> Earth Signs ---> There are three Earth Signs in the Zodiac: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. These three signs tend to get along well with each other because of their common values. Earth is the quality associated with common sense, groundedness, practicality, and a natural talent for dealing with the physical business of life.
* Born with the Sun in Capricorn -- The Capricorn Character ---> Reputation is everything! ---> If there's a party animal anywhere in your character, it comes from somewhere other than your Capricorn energy. The Capricorn part of you was born sober, and grown up, and knowing how to behave. That Capricorn part of you wouldn't tie one on or wear a silly paper hat at gunpoint. There's bound to be a camera somewhere in the room ... or a lurking reporter. Or the local gossip.
The Earth Signs
* The Earth Signs -- Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn ---> Earth Signs take care of practicalities ---> The Earth Signs: Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn represent energy that is directly concerned with practical issues, physical substance, financial matters, and the "business" of living. This energy supports, nourishes, stabilizes, and promotes growth -- especially growth on investments. These signs are conservative, solid, pragmatic, constructive, and interested in ....