Delays ... get worse
Saturn is notorious for signifying delays, and because under stress it also symbolizes limitation, restriction, and loss, many followers of astrology consider it their least favorite planet. But I think it gets a bad rap and lots of blame it really doesn't deserve.
Sure, Saturn makes you work hard for everything it offers. When it is involved, nothing just falls into your lap ... as can happen when benevolent Jupiter is distributing treasures. But personally I would point to Pluto as the worst of the troublemakers -- and if you want to look at those articles, I will tell you some of the reasons why.
Stuff on Pluto
* Pluto: The Symbol of Irresistible Change
* Pluto: Lord of Transition: The Power to Rock Your World
* Pluto Retrograde: Rebuilding in the Wake of Revolution
* Pluto Retrograde in Capricorn
Reworking your image
For the moment, however, we are focused on Saturn retrograding as it backs up and journeys over ground already traveled. Those of you who know where this area falls in your personal charts can see the issues of life where the restructuring of established foundations is beginning to emerge.
Saturn represents your capacity to define your social role -- "what you want to be when you grow up" -- your public reputation, your career and professional interests, your image as a person with experience and authority who deserves respect.
There's more to this article in our Premium Members section.
~ Our Premium Member Ezines keep you informed ~
on current astrological happenings and what these mean to you,
daily, weekly and on-demand tarot readings, thought-provoking oracles,
new articles on the site, new site toys and features ... and more!
You might also enjoy
* = Premium Members Article
Saturn in Astrology
Light Reading & Open Articles
Basic Stuff About Saturn in Astrology ---> Saturn rules Capricorn. Capricorn is an Earth Sign ---> The 6th Planet ---> * Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun in our Solar System, and the second largest planet. It is located between Jupiter and Uranus. * It takes Saturn 29.5 years to orbit the Sun -- and circle the Zodiac. It stays in each of the Zodiac signs just under 2 1/2 years. * Saturn rules the Zodiac sign Capricorn. It is also associated with the 10th House of the horoscope ....
Saturn -- Physics, Metaphysics and Myth ---> Physics ---> Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second largest in the Solar System. Only Jupiter is larger. Saturn is the most distant planet that can be seen with the naked eye. It appears as a small, yellowish star that doesn't twinkle. (Only stars twinkle; planets don't.) If you can keep track of such things, it's the fifth brightest object in the Solar System -- but is best seen (and studied) through high-powered binoculars or a telescope.
Saturn Aspecting The Moon ---> If Saturn aspects your Moon, its energy affects your deep psychological structures, your need for nurturing and comfort, your inner self and inner feelings, and the circumstances of your family circle and private life. Saturn in good aspect to the Moon is calming, sobering, constructive, and steady ... an especially valuable quality to have when dealing with the emotional topics of family, feelings, home, and safety concerns.
Saturn Aspecting The Sun ---> If Saturn aspects your Sun, Saturn's energy affects the structures you need to support your ego, your sense of "who you are" in the world, you belief in your ability to exert personal power, and your self-image. If Saturn is in your 1st House, you are organizing and restructuring the way you present yourself to the world. You may recently have taken on a considerable load of new responsibilities ... and feel the need to be conservative, mature, "grown-up," and disciplined in the image you present to the world now.
* Retrograde Motion -- What's this all about? ---> All the planets astrologers use to decode the spiritual language of the cosmos exhibit a phenomenon known as retrograde motion. Very simply, there are times from Earth's perspective when each of the planets seems to back up in its orbit, to actually reverse course for a time, before eventually going forward again.
* This Thing Called Retrograde Motion -- What it means in plain English ---> What is this thing called retrograde motion? Wherever it's found, in the sky or in a horoscope, retrograde energy means the matters represented by the retrograde planet become more subjective as people re-think, re-consider, re-evaluate and re-build.
* Working with the Metaphors of Retrograde Energy ---> When a planet goes into retrograde -- or comes out again, it doesn't just stop on a dime and start racing at its usual speed in the opposite direction. It seems (from the vantage point of Earth) to slow down gradually as it approaches the point of reversal -- the way you slow down in the car before coming to a stop -- or making a turn ... and certainly before making a U-Turn.
More on planets in retrograde
* Jupiter Retrograde -- Expanding Your Latest Creation ---> Jupiter's interests -- upiter represents your philosophical beliefs and ethical principles. It describes your ability to share authoritative knowledge ... the wisdom you've gained both through academic study and through the simple experience of living.
* Mercury Retrograde -- Rethinking Your Present Direction ---> In the territory of the mind -- When Mercury is retrograde (Mercury Rx -- in shorthand), it is a time of rethinking, refocusing and re-communicating. In Astrology, Mercury represents your intellect; your mental focus; your mind and how you use its assets.
* Venus Retrograde -- Realigning Your Values and Assets ---> Reassessing things of value ... -- Venus represents your important relationships, your important values, and the way you handle the things you value, especially material resources like money and possessions you need to support yourself.